UFN 126 - Cowboy vs Medeiros - Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curtis Millender?
ElementaryBelovedClam-size_restricted.gif

After watching tape on Yancy and Cowboy, both are too damn hittable and even rockable. I'd have to have at least 4:1 on my money to choose a side. It's like whoever connects first wins.

This is utterly rediculous. You want 4/1 on what YOU have said is a 1/1 shot either side. Gtfo, You should be jumping on Yancy if that’s your true opinion on the fight.

After watching tape on Yancy and Cowboy, both are too damn hittable and even rockable. I'd have to have at least 4:1 on my money to choose a side. It's like whoever connects first wins.

Pretty sure has been said but if you wait for +400 odds for guys in what you think are coinflip fights, you really aren't ever gonna be betting anything.

Sage now -300, Neal -215.

This is EXACTLY why no matter how good a capper I might think I am (and I think I'm pretty good, maybe not the best but pretty good) this can only be a hobby for me. I know you guys have alerts set up to let you know when odds drop or at the least are watching really closely. I just can't do that. If I'm helping my daughter with her homework I'm not gonna put her on hold if I hear my phone alert me that lines have opened. I refuse to be one of those parents.

I will let you young guys rake in the mountains of cash, while I keep to my (relatively) low stakes and miss out on some of sweet openers. That said, if you get too successful you just get limited to peanuts anyway. 5d limited me for a short time but my 2017 was lackluster enough that it looks like they took the limits off. I was never betting sums that were all the big anyway, so not sure why they limited me in the first place.

Anyway, end rant. Congrats on stealing Sage at -190. I'll pass at -300. Will consider if he drops back to -250 range.
LMAO at choosing your own child over betting.
<JagsKiddingMe>

I like ocho Peterson as the dog here. Took him +160 and +140. Fookin limits. (Broken record, I know).

He's scrappy as hell. Can hang on the feet and should have a good grappling edge if he can get it there. Davis' last performance left a sour taste in my mouth, too.

Also, being in Texas doesn't hurt Peterson's case either.

Millender is coming off two headkick KOs in LFA.

Millender is not that good. Unless Alves is completely done, he should be favored more over Millender. Millender didn't look very good before the headkick in his last fight.

I like ocho Peterson as the dog here. Took him +160 and +140. Fookin limits. (Broken record, I know).

He's scrappy as hell. Can hang on the feet and should have a good grappling edge if he can get it there. Davis' last performance left a sour taste in my mouth, too.

I defo can see a case for Peterson due to his aggressive/scrappy nature but he will be smashed on the feet. Davis' standup is a whole different level to Peterson's let's block punches with my face approach.

You not worried about how easy/often he's is punched in the face

I defo can see a case for Peterson due to his aggressive/scrappy nature but he will be smashed on the feet. Davis' standup is a whole different level to Peterson's let's block punches with my face approach.

I think I have to agree

What do we know about Geoffrey Neal? Does this guy have 15 minutes of cardio?

What do we know about Geoffrey Neal? Does this guy have 15 minutes of cardio?

Bit unknown. He did slow against Holland albeit that was up at MW. His only other loss was also in r3 but i've not seen that fight. However two r3 losses and he did slow against Holland as I've seen that fight are concerns. Brian for all his faults brings a high pace and won't gas.

I cap joby @1.4
Like oscar as well . Should take out Williams who isn't good and been fighting bums on this streak. His last win was fed to the worlds strongest man Poland. Oskar hit hard and Williams gonna walk into a counter. Bad matchup.
Not too impressed with mill either. Single shots. Alves the right side here. Small on this prob.

Search the event and skip to that fight. The cardio looked fine against Bochniak.

I definitely wouldn't say he gassed, but I did think he slowed down a bit late in the second/third round. Didn't have the same zip on his punches, etc.

My big concern here with Davis is that he's a sizeable 145er and this is going to be his second weight cut in a month. I'm expecting this to be a very high paced fight with both guys coming forward. I wanted to bet him smallish at -125 but I think I'm going to pass at this price.

Not concerned about the size difference? Petersen is a 135er and not a huge one at that, whereas Davis is a pretty big 145er. I expected Davis to open more in the -180 range, was very happy with -125. Bochniak's movement frustrated him, but Petersen will be more than happy to oblige in the pocket.

More comfortable with a big pre-bet on Davis now that this fight will have LB available. If Davis doesn't put him away early I, at the very least, expect him to take the 1st round comfortably, so I may hedge a bit if he appears to be slowing at all.

Last edited:
I've watched Peterson a ton on AXS, but I have a hard time capping that fight. It's more due to how Davis will look. You have Davis on short notice too. I may look to see what "Not David ITD" looks like. Peterson is not easy to put away.

I've watched Peterson a ton on AXS, but I have a hard time capping that fight. It's more due to how Davis will look. You have Davis on short notice too. I may look to see what "Not David ITD" looks like. Peterson is not easy to put away.

Petersen definitely durable, but he has been facing a lot of smaller guys. Davis a big 145er and has power. Dropped Mutaski multiple times who is a 6'0 155er. Petersen so hittable I am not sure he can take Davis's shots, at least early.

Not concerned about the size difference? Petersen is a 135er and not a huge one at that, whereas Davis is a pretty big 145er. I expected Davis to open more in the -180 range, was very happy with -125. Bochniak's movement frustrated him, but Petersen will be more than happy to oblige in the pocket.

More comfortable with a big pre-bet on Davis now that this fight will have LB available. If Davis doesn't put him away early I, at the very least, expect him to take the 1st round comfortably, so I may hedge a bit if he appears to be slowing at all.

Good point on size & live bettability, but I can't live bet very much.

am i gonna be able to get a better price on joby if i wait? already on pretty big. want a bit more on tho. hes better everywhere. i see him reversing robs takedowns on the way down. expecting joby to be on top. joby has much better control on the mat wrestling wise. robs and enthusiastic wrestler (rob wilkinson esc) but joby the better wrestler. rob prone to lose position or get reversed. rob also has chin issue (dropped by the weak morales and twice v silva) and is the inferior striker here. joby more experience and has improved a lot. basically im giving the edge everywhere to joby. the belts indicate a advantage to rob in jitz (brown v blue) but i dont see it. joby a part time trainer in a ufc gym; rob works full time in insurance. also his girlfriend had to encourage him to fight pro. small concern with joby ending up being backpacked everytime he gets up. in conclusion joby should be 1.4 line is way off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back