UFN 126 - Cowboy vs Medeiros - Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I think the Duffy fight is influencing this line massively. Trinaldo is nothing like Duffy and a FAR better fighter IMO. Hell, Trinaldo could very well make this look easy. Not saying he will, but he could.

Man, I think the Duffy fight is influencing this line massively. Trinaldo is nothing like Duffy and a FAR better fighter IMO. Hell, Trinaldo could very well make this look easy. Not saying he will, but he could.
+190 (possibly better around too) is disrespectful. Trinaldo has to be the most underrated guy on the roster doesn't he? Won 8 out of last 9 but Vick who's best win by quite some distance is Duffy is well over -200 favourite?! Makes no sense to me. Maybe we see a Leech/Matthews type improvement that isn't seen on tape pre-fight but Trinaldo has to be the play here

Trinaldo was beating Lee before the head kick. He very well could have beaten him that fight. Just a weird line

There are 5 underdogs I like
Tim WIlliams+216
Moras+130
Trinaldo+194
Lewis+115
Medeiros+117

Tim WIlliams+216
Moras+130
Trinaldo+194
Lewis+115
Medeiros+117

These are mostly good, but I'd pass on Tim Williams. Piechota is pretty sick and Williams eats lots of headshots. Piechota has clear advantage both on foot and on ground, seems the sole purpose of Williams' existence is to make Piechota look good.

Re; Diego Ferreira-- has anybody come back from a year+ USADA suspension and looked good in their first fight back?

Tibau-- disintegrated by Makhachev
Machida-- disintegrated by Brunson
Melendez-- decisioned by Barboza then 30-25'd by Stephens
Lombard-- KO'd by Magny (then three more losses in a row)
Sonnen-- subbed by Ortiz in round 1
Silva-- decision loss to Bisping

I was expecting a mini bounceback from Hacran Dias after moving up to 155, but Jared Gordon dominated him pretty hard. Gordon kinda reminds me of a smaller Cain if Cain was less good bc he spent his 20's doing heroin

If Gordon does that to Dias, why will Ferreira have better luck coming off an USADA suspension?

Re; Diego Ferreira-- has anybody come back from a year+ USADA suspension and looked good in their first fight back?

Tibau-- disintegrated by Makhachev
Machida-- disintegrated by Brunson
Melendez-- decisioned by Barboza then 30-25'd by Stephens
Lombard-- KO'd by Magny (then three more losses in a row)
Sonnen-- subbed by Ortiz in round 1
Silva-- decision loss to Bisping

I was expecting a mini bounceback from Hacran Dias after moving up to 155, but Jared Gordon dominated him pretty hard. Gordon kinda reminds me of a smaller Cain if Cain was less good bc he spent his 20's doing heroin

If Gordon does that to Dias, why will Ferreira have better luck coming off an USADA suspension?

Jones stopped DC, but given that we're talking about probably the greatest MMA fighter of all time in that situation, your point is still valid.

Jones stopped DC, but given that we're talking about probably the greatest MMA fighter of all time in that situation, your point is still valid.

Jones first fight back was against OSP, arguably his worst fight ever.

He was presumably using PED's again for DC 2, so that doesn't carry as much weight IMO

i think gordon is a nightmare fight to come back to off a long layoff. that guy will be in your face for 15 mins bashing and wrestling you. he never takes a step backwards and i dont think diego can earn his respecct. hacran diaz made a valiant effort but looked like he'd been hit by a bus come r2.

Trinaldo just went up to 3.00/+200 on bet365. 1.5u for me for now.
Vick will be open to Trinaldos left kicks to the body. Vick got taken down easy twice by Duffy in round 1 and Trinaldo has nice takedowns. Can also see Trinaldo pressure Vick to the fence and land those powerful body shots he did to Miller. Vick with nasty knees that will be there for him though.
Don't want to go to big on Trinaldo against a strong guy like Vick though, he isn't in Brasil this time either - his last three have been there.

Well, I assume the question is referring to coming back from said 1+ year suspension clean.

Tim WIlliams+216
Moras+130
Trinaldo+194
Lewis+115
Medeiros+117
Yeah man, Oskar has sick ground skills, underrated ko power and a decent stand up. He is also very athletic. This is my most confident pick on the card. #polishpower
Dont pick Tim

I've seen Alves vs Morono on bookie, is it true?I haven't seen any news about it.

Trinaldo just went up to 3.00/+200 on bet365. 1.5u for me for now.
Vick will be open to Trinaldos left kicks to the body. Vick got taken down easy twice by Duffy in round 1 and Trinaldo has nice takedowns. Can also see Trinaldo pressure Vick to the fence and land those powerful body shots he did to Miller. Vick with nasty knees that will be there for him though.
Don't want to go to big on Trinaldo against a strong guy like Vick though, he isn't in Brasil this time either - his last three have been there.

Southpaw. left hand. quick counter. Vicks defense is predicated on distance, when punches are thrown at him from punching range, or on a counter, his defense cracks. Trinaldo should be worried about the right head kick but I dont think Vick has the speed to pull it off or the ability to successfully set it up against Trnaldo. Dont think Vick will KO Trinaldo with a single right hand. I dont think hes going to choke Trinaldo. Vick will probably have a hard time using his jab here which is one of his best weapons. On the plus side for a Vick hes prob going to make any possible takedowns hard for Trinaldo and will be hard to control. I usually really like Vick but he costs too much and this is just a bad matchup.

Piechota prob costs too much as well but I cant find a lot of videos on Tim Williams. Piechota is too methodical for ths type of matchup, if Wlliams clinches, keeps Piechota on the fence and /or scores takedowns I think Piechota will have a very hard time landing any significant offense or any volume. Piechota needs space and time and I just have a feeling Williams wont give it to him standing, against the fence or on the ground.

Southpaw. left hand. quick counter. Vicks defense is predicated on distance, when punches are thrown at him from punching range, or on a counter, his defense cracks. Trinaldo should be worried about the right head kick but I dont think Vick has the speed to pull it off or the ability to successfully set it up against Trnaldo. Dont think Vick will KO Trinaldo with a single right hand. I dont think hes going to choke Trinaldo. Vick will probably have a hard time using his jab here which is one of his best weapons. On the plus side for a Vick hes prob going to make any possible takedowns hard for Trinaldo and will be hard to control. I usually really like Vick but he costs too much and this is just a bad matchup.

Piechota prob costs too much as well but I cant find a lot of videos on Tim Williams. Piechota is too methodical for ths type of matchup, if Wlliams clinches, keeps Piechota on the fence and /or scores takedowns I think Piechota will have a very hard time landing any significant offense or any volume. Piechota needs space and time and I just have a feeling Williams wont give it to him standing, against the fence or on the ground.

Pie is on a completely different level on the mat to Williams.

Pie is on a completely different level on the mat to Williams.

That may well be true, I cant really say. How would you imagine him finishing Williams on the ground? Do you think he can be on top on the ground and maintain that position? Do you think his current price is worth a bet if even a small one?

Also isnt Williams bigger, taller and heavier, than Piechota? Who wins the game of strength and leverage?

@Oblivian Are you betting on Trinaldo this weekend? If I remember correctly, aren't you mostly on the wrong side of Vick fights? (No disrespect, we all have that one fighter that gives us trouble). I already bet Trinaldo but I was wondering how you will be betting it (promise I'm not attempting to fade you or anything :p )

Yes, I mentioned earlier that I'm playing Trinaldo and gave a warning that Vick is good at taking my money! For the Trinaldo backers - I did go heavy on Dariush over Vick though so that may inspire hope.

Trinaldo is no doubt the GOAT of the underrated fighters betting-wise. I'm no expert bettor like you guys but he's the fighter who's made me the most money to date.
Seriously, what's up with it? He's got some real nice wins on his resume. I just don't get it.

Elkins would like to have a word with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back