UFN 116 - Rockhold vs Branch - Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure Brenneman is retired and doing something else. Newcomer most likely IMO. Anyone have a list of LWs and WWs from DWTNCS that won but didn't get signed? I remember Sidney Outlaw did so he might be an option.

Lmfao @ Charlie brenneman

Helwani responded to someone's suggestion of him saying he was thinking the same thing, can only hope it's some sort of joke I don't know about because I don't wanna see that.

I'm pretty sure Brenneman is retired and doing something else. Newcomer most likely IMO. Anyone have a list of LWs and WWs from DWTNCS that won but didn't get signed? I remember Sidney Outlaw did so he might be an option.

Kyle Stewart is one off the top off my head, beat Jason Jackson.

Would bet both Stewart and Outlaw vs Perry.

I won't be surprised if there ends up being no replacement. This is stupid short notice

All these guys are in the class that get rekt by Perry.

Just let him crush some bum to get the fanbois even more hyped for him when he faces real competition.

In the meantime that was legit the only really strong bet, which means that anything else this week is pure degen. I choose to degen ZU (after Ledet gets irrationally bet a bit more)

Wow. Why always the biggest bet

I've had just about zero time for tape watching this week and Alves was my only bet for this card (got the 2.55 line at Betsafe too)...but at the same time I'm kind of relieved because you guys were gonna jinx it for sure since everybody and their grandma was on Alves.

Fuck this card now.
<DisgustingHHH>

GILLESPIE VS GONZALEZ

Gregor Gillespie (9-0 MMA ; 2-0 UFC)
-71" reach
-wrestling background (4 times div 1 All-American champion, D1 NCAA national champ)
-pro since 2014
-grinder fighter, looking to get guys down, good takedowns
-training at Bellmore Kickboxing Academy

vs Glaico Franca (16-5 MMA ; 1-2 UFC) (W - DEC)
-6" reach advantage for Franca
-R1 : Franca dominated the striking but Gillespie got 3 TDs and dominated the ground. Franca slowed down already at the end of the round. R1 for GG
-R2 : GG rocked hard a few times, saved by his wrestling, GG ended the round on top, prob Franca round, though
-R3 : Gillespie's round via ground control
-GG working relentless on his wrestling

vs Andrew Holbrook (12-3 MMA ; 2-3 UFC) (W - R1 - KO)
-1" reach advantage for GG
-Holbrook's chin cracked after the first exchange, not so much to take from this fight.

Jason Gonzalez (11-3 MMA ; 1-1 UFC)
-74" reach
-huge lightweight, 6'2", tall and solid upper body
-pro since 2011
-training at Millennia MMA but also had some sparring sessions at Kings MMA
-susceptible to TDs, question marks on his chin

vs Drew Dober (18-8 MMA ; 4-4-1 UFC) (L - R1 - KO)
-4" reach advantage for Gonzalez
-Dober getting the better strikes and KOed Gonzalez
-Gonzalez pretty hittable in this fight and his chin just couldn't hold..

vs JC Cotrell (17-5 MMA ; 0-2 UFC) (W - R1 - SUB)
-3" reach advantage for Gonzalez
-R1 Cotrell getting the TD after being rocked, Gonzales getting up and getting the SUB win

////////////////////////////
TLDR / Conclusions

-Gonzalez is a freaking long dude and he may have a chance at hurting GG on feet. His chin is not the best, but I think GG will look to wrestle and not stay in striking range against a guy who has 3" reach advantage.
-Even though Gonzalez has some ways to win, I think GG will wrestlefuck him and lay on him for three rounds for a 30-27 decision.

My bet for this fight is 2.5 units over 1.5 rounds @ 1.70 / -140.

spitz dec +850 why not =P

oh and NOT hamilton ITD -140? really?

soooo many low paying props otherwise, heh.

man that sucks about alves-perry cancellation :(

Belal Muhummad has had his fight with Jesse Taylor cancelled due to Taylor's PED failure so if it's him I'd happily take him against Perry.

Belal Muhummad has had his fight with Jesse Taylor cancelled due to Taylor's PED failure so if it's him I'd happily take him against Perry.
Is this a guess? A damn good guess. Please be pick'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back