UFC Tonight: Chael Sonnen will NOT be retiring, is seeking a fight with Wanderlei

Wand on his Twitter to chael: "?@sonnench"
He is basically asking WTF, are you really up to?

Ha ha ha ha! Yeah, I remember having read that in this thread and thinking it's completely ridiculous, who was that silly bastard?

Not sure, I don't pay much attention to user names unless they repeatedly say retard shit then I remember them so I can skip their posts.

Sonnen super fans are just a different breed dude, the guy's best win is probably Yushin Okami add that to an extremely controversial "almost" win and suddenly he beats everyone not named Anderson or Jones easily and according to someone in this thread is a top five LHW/MW who outwrestles everybody in those divisions not named Jones or Weidman. (apparently that guy forgot about Maia and Babalu)

This from a guy who's 6-6 in the UFC with 1 finish.

Good times in the world of MMA.

At MW he's top 5, but at LHW?

Mike-Tyson-clapping-and-laughing.gif

Maybe he was just kidding.

yes! that's the spirit Chael. Wand/Chael is a huge fight.

I'm glad that Stann is a wrestler by trade and definitely tried to take the fight there. Sonnen would like to win. He'll wrestle. Think harder please.

You and half of this forum were saying the same thing. "Wand has no chin and will get knocked into retirement by Stann the power puncher." I favor Chael in this fight also. People need to learn to not count out Wand. Think harder please:redface:

Seriously, Floyd Mayweather is fighting this weekend. Does anyone even care? I don't. And I've been a boxing fan for over 30 years. Boxing has gotten really lame. MMA is all over ESPN, Yahoo, and Sports Illustrated. I'm disappointed in boxing.

WTF does this have to do with anything? To answer your question though yes I care and yes I will be watching, as much as I love MMA there's a whole different electricity in an absolute war in Boxing. ( Not that I think this fight will be a war).

You and half of this forum were saying the same thing. "Wand has no chin and will get knocked into retirement by Stann the power puncher." I favor Chael in this fight also. People need to learn to not count out Wand. Think harder please:redface:

I expected Stann to mix it up more and eventually hurt Wanderlei standing, finishing him in the bout. I didn't expect him to trade wildly and not implement a game plan; especially as a Greg Jackson fight.

So, please tell me how this correlates or relates to Sonnen beating Wanderlei? Sonnen's bread and butter is cardio, pressure and wrestling. Silva doesn't have the cardio or takedown defense to prohibit Sonnen from imposing his will. Yes, Wanderlei can win. It's a fight, but Sonnen will more than likely maul him on the ground.

I hope he doesn't take a fight with Wanderlei, thats a horrible match up for him.

Chael versus Wand, Vitor, Franklin, and Forrest are all necessary. They are competitive fights and he's mentioned all of these guys during trash talk through the years.

I expected Stann to mix it up more and eventually hurt Wanderlei standing, finishing him in the bout. I didn't expect him to trade wildly and not implement a game plan; especially as a Greg Jackson fight.

So, please tell me how this correlates or relates to Sonnen beating Wanderlei? Sonnen's bread and butter is cardio, pressure and wrestling. Silva doesn't have the cardio or takedown defense to prohibit Sonnen from imposing his will. Yes, Wanderlei can win. It's a fight, but Sonnen will more than likely maul him on the ground.

It doesn't relate to Sonnen beating Wand, it just means not to count Wanderlei out against a guy like Chael. No one should be saying that either guy will maul the other, it's a winnable fight for both guys. Like I said I favor Chael with his wrestling but Wand is good off his back and can scramble as well. To speak in definites about this fight is way off imo.

Cheap via wrastlin but I wouldn't be all that surprise if Wand knocked him the fuck out

Hope Wand doesn't feed the troll and fight this cry baby. He promised to arrange a meeting between Vitor and Jesus also, lets see that fight.

I was really hoping he'd go away and leave more space for fighters who can do more than wrestle and actually finish a fight.

Well, at least he's not fighting for the HW title but does anyone really think Sonnen vs Wand is an interesting matchup?
More brainless insults and xenophobic shit about Brazil just for Sonnen to try and take Wanderlei down and lay on him for 3 rounds.

Chael by decision or Wandy by impressive KO are the only ways I see this ending

Hope Wand doesn't feed the troll and fight this cry baby. He promised to arrange a meeting between Vitor and Jesus also, lets see that fight.

Vitor's got to lose a lot of fights at this point for that matchup to make sense. That or as a double retirement fight are the only ways Vitor/Wanderlei II makes sense at this point

If Wand and Vitor really wanted to hurt him, they would just completely ignore him and not give him this fight.

Instead I'd like to see him fight Phil Davis or Ryan Bader. Or Cormier if he drops down lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back