UFC Tonight: Chael Sonnen will NOT be retiring, is seeking a fight with Wanderlei

Wand is a gun ho fighter, he can really take Sonnen out. Sure he will get taken down more than likely. But Sonnen aint gonna sub him or even hurt him on the ground

I see it ending up like Sonnen/Marquardt to be honest. Wand will damage Chael and have him in trouble a couple of times, but Sonnen wins the pretty clear cut decision

Saw all this prior to the Stann fight :icon_chee

Wand hits hard as fuck and has the most ruthless killer instinct in the history of MMA, you can't count him outta any fight.

Well even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.....:wink:

But his luck ain't gonna carry him through 3 rounds with C.P. Sonnen....

I see it ending up like Sonnen/Marquardt to be honest. Wand will damage Chael and have him in trouble a couple of times, but Sonnen wins the pretty clear cut decision

offcourse if wand doesnt finish sonnen he will get decisioned. But the guy is savage and swings for the fences. He can finish Sonnen

Wanderlei vs. Chael could very well be like Wanderlei vs. Tito Ortiz. I haven't really seen Wanderlei do any BJJ from his back or really get up from bottom. I could picture Chael taking him down and arm triangling him.

Arona, Yoshida, Tito, and Saku couldn't sub Wand, but Chael is going to do it? Why, because he subbed Brian Stann? lol.

offcourse if wand doesnt finish sonnen he will get decisioned. But the guy is savage and swings for the fences. He can finish Sonnen

He sure can, just not sure if that's the way the fight ends up going. Wouldn't surprised at all though

I see it a lot like this as well.. people can say what they want but sonnen has aniron chin and outwrestles everyone at 185 and 205 save for jones and maybe weidman imo.......

Wand and Chael both have heart and are both a bit small for 205, but perfect @ 185. They should just do this at 205, so neither guy has to cut any weight and we get the healthiest Wand and Chael.

Would love this fight.

Chael has the grappling. Wand has the KO ability. Always makes for a fun match.

This is an interesting fight indeed. Stop and consider that we really haven't seen Wanderlei's ground game as much in the UFC compared to his Pride Days. I wonder if Chael can control him as effectively as Tito did back in the day. I personally think Wanderlei's got a pretty legitimate chance to win this fight since I don't think he'll be subbed or KOed by Sonnen and has vicious instincts when his opponents are hurt. At worst I could see Wandy being Wrassled to a Unanimous Decision.

Arona, Yoshida, Tito, and Saku couldn't sub Wand, but Chael is going to do it? Why, because he subbed Brian Stann? lol.

PRIDE Wanderlei was many years ago. During the Jones vs Chael countdown or whatever, they showed Vinny w/Chael drilling some sort of standing takedown into arm triangle. I suspect Vinny + Chael =/= Chael just laying on people.

Tito's not known for subs. I don't remember Saku getting any takedowns, and I think he either chose to or was forced to stand and bang. I don't remember Yoshida getting any takedowns either, and I think he had a bit of the stand and bang mentality. Aside from Tito, those other guys weren't known to have Chael's takedown skills.

I see it a lot like this as well.. people can say what they want but sonnen has aniron chin and outwrestles everyone at 185 and 205 save for jones and maybe weidman imo.......

Sonnen has a good chin but so do Stann, Rampage and a whole lot of others that Wanderlei has KO'd.

PRIDE Wanderlei was many years ago. During the Jones vs Chael countdown or whatever, they showed Vinny w/Chael drilling some sort of standing takedown into arm triangle. I suspect Vinny + Chael =/= Chael just laying on people.

Tito's not known for subs. I don't remember Saku getting any takedowns, and I think he either chose to or was forced to stand and bang. I don't remember Yoshida getting any takedowns either, and I think he had a bit of the stand and bang mentality. Aside from Tito, those other guys weren't known to have Chael's takedown skills.

Wanderlei has faced guys with amazing submission skills and has never been submitted in his career. As good a grappler as Chael is, trying to submit Wanderlei might be a waste of energy.

Back