UFC Tonight: Chael Sonnen will NOT be retiring, is seeking a fight with Wanderlei

Arona, Yoshida, Tito, and Saku couldn't sub Wand, but Chael is going to do it? Why, because he subbed Brian Stann? lol.

How many subs did you see saku and arona go for? Fight fimder won't tell the whole story......and I've never seen tito go for many subs myself......maybe you've seen some more of his figgrs I'm not aware of...:rolleyes:

Put that on the UFC 163 in Brazil card immediately.

Chael UD, it will be great and competitive.

Pretty good chance Chael 'Arona's' Wand in this fight, still super pumped. No way does Wand turn this down.

Edit: And don't go telling me Wand won that second fight either...

Apparently he can't afford it. He'll end up mauling Wanderlei anyway.

Wanderlei has faced guys with amazing submission skills and has never been submitted in his career. As good a grappler as Chael is, trying to submit Wanderlei might be a waste of energy.

Did those guys have takedowns + submissions or just submissions, or just "please come into my guard" + submissions? Yoshida had judo, but I don't remember him aiming for takedown + submission.

I don't think a waste of energy will prevent Chael from attempting takedown + submission, and I wouldn't be surprised if Chael had a bigger gas tank.

I thought he wasn't going anywhere in this sport if it isnt fighting for the title.

How many subs did you see saku and arona go for? Fight fimder won't tell the whole story......and I've never seen tito go for many subs myself......maybe you've seen some more of his figgrs I'm not aware of...:rolleyes:

I don't remember Arona being the same type of sub finisher in PRIDE as his BTT teammate Big Nog. I remember him being more a positional dominator with a few subs of European opponents.

PRIDE Wanderlei was many years ago. During the Jones vs Chael countdown or whatever, they showed Vinny w/Chael drilling some sort of standing takedown into arm triangle. I suspect Vinny + Chael =/= Chael just laying on people.

Tito's not known for subs. I don't remember Saku getting any takedowns, and I think he either chose to or was forced to stand and bang. I don't remember Yoshida getting any takedowns either, and I think he had a bit of the stand and bang mentality. Aside from Tito, those other guys weren't known to have Chael's takedown skills.

Do you even watch MMA? There was plenty of grappling in the Yoshida fights + second Saku fight. Yoshida tried to choke out Wand in one of their fights, and Wand defended it.

66_display_image.jpg

224803_1.jpg

Ortiz_1634.jpg

:rolleyes:

Pretty good chance Chael 'Arona's' Wand in this fight, still super pumped. No way does Wand turn this down.

Edit: And don't go telling me Wand won that second fight either...

Seems like Wand is down as as soon as Chael called him out on UFC Tonight, Wand tagged Sonnen in a Twitter post with a question mark

He padding his wallet while he can before he is permanently relegated to broadcasting

I thought he wasn't going anywhere in this sport if it isnt fighting for the title.

If he wants to enter the fun fight track after leaving the title bout track, it's win for him and win for fans.

I'd also like to see him face Vitor after Wanderlei. Can Vitor KO him or will Chael dominate Vitor with wrestling. Can Vitor use his BJJ to finish Chael from his back?

PRIDE Wanderlei was many years ago. During the Jones vs Chael countdown or whatever, they showed Vinny w/Chael drilling some sort of standing takedown into arm triangle. I suspect Vinny + Chael =/= Chael just laying on people.

Tito's not known for subs. I don't remember Saku getting any takedowns, and I think he either chose to or was forced to stand and bang. I don't remember Yoshida getting any takedowns either, and I think he had a bit of the stand and bang mentality. Aside from Tito, those other guys weren't known to have Chael's takedown skills.

Saku took him down in their second fight. Yoshida took him down too and I remember because the crowd was going nuts.

Almost everyone giving Wanderlei no chance of winning this fight? I agree sonnen would be the slighter favorite due to his wrestling, but the way I see it is, if completely delusional fans thought chael would actually beat jones, then silva fans can hope for a victory. A Wanderlei victory doesn't seem farfetched, not as ridiculous as hoping for chael to have beaten jones, now that shit was laughable.

Seems like Wand is down as as soon as Chael called him out on UFC Tonight, Wand tagged Sonnen in a Twitter post with a question mark

Good, I like both of those guys. Will be a fun fight. Wand never turns down a challenge. The guy tried to stand with Hunt and Cro Cop in Pride for heavens sake. Warrior.

That could just be a reminder that English isn't his first language, but I think he'd go for it. It'd be good because Chael's not likely to KO him.

Did those guys have takedowns + submissions or just submissions, or just "please come into my guard" + submissions? Yoshida had judo, but I don't remember him aiming for takedown + submission.

I don't think a waste of energy will prevent Chael from attempting takedown + submission, and I wouldn't be surprised if Chael had a bigger gas tank.

No as I said these guys didn't go for subs.....yoshida took him down once.....thsts like me saying "lolololol bj didn't sub serk when they fought so nobody can sub him"....well yeah he didn't take him down....and none of these guys worked subs on wand.....but you have to actually watch the figgts instead of fight finder.......you are correct, the other guy was in the wrong on that one.......

Last edited:
this would be a great fox headliner. i would take chael over wanderlei. i love that there is a legitimate beef.

Almost everyone giving Wanderlei no chance of winning this fight? I agree sonnen would be the slighter favorite due to his wrestling, but the way I see it is, if completely delusional fans thought chael would actually beat jones, then silva fans can hope for a victory. A Wanderlei victory doesn't seem farfetched, not as ridiculous as hoping for chael to have beaten jones, now that shit was laughable.

Who really thought he was going to win? This is the type of shit chael haters make up out of thin air for an excuse to hate on him some more.....:cool:

And he will best the brakes off wandy mark my words.....

Back