UFC Tonight: Chael Sonnen will NOT be retiring, is seeking a fight with Wanderlei

favor chael in this one

takes wand down and dosent let him get up. might look very similar to the A.Silva fight. hopefully wand can get the submission

Sonnen isnt submitting Wanderlei. Fuck outta here with that.

Sonnen's best way of winning would be just like Arona did in Pride. Taking Wand down and controlling him from the top.

But Wand has great momentum right now and can definitely make it a great fight.

Wand by KO.

Do you even watch MMA? There was plenty of grappling in the Yoshida fights + second Saku fight. Yoshida tried to choke out Wand in one of their fights, and Wand defended it.

66_display_image.jpg

224803_1.jpg

Ortiz_1634.jpg

:rolleyes:

Tito wasn't trying subs until the end of his career, which was way after he faced Wanderlei. If he had his current sub game way back then, he had many opportunities to try subs after taking Wanderlei down repeatedly.

It's like that other poster's example saying Sherk is not submittable because BJ didn't do it when BJ never even tried that takedown + submission gameplan.

Who really thought he was going to win? This is the type of shit chael haters make up out of thin air for an excuse to hate on him some more.....:cool:

And he will best the brakes off wandy mark my words.....

Many kids thought he would win, there were a lot of threads about believing in chael, shit, you were probably one of them. As I said, sonnen would be a slight favorite over wanderlei due to his wrestling, but I'll wait until I see the fight to see what happens.

This fight should happen in Japan with stomps, soccer kicks, and knees on the ground.

Can't believe fuckos still believe in Chael haha.

Seriously, Floyd Mayweather is fighting this weekend. Does anyone even care? I don't. And I've been a boxing fan for over 30 years. Boxing has gotten really lame. MMA is all over ESPN, Yahoo, and Sports Illustrated. I'm disappointed in boxing.

I've wanted this fight ever since Wand punk'd Chael

Wand via TKO!

Music to Wandy's ears..

Book the fight Dana..

Goosebumps..

Like Stann did, right? Wasn't he supposed to retire Wand?

I'm glad that Stann is a wrestler by trade and definitely tried to take the fight there. Sonnen would like to win. He'll wrestle. Think harder please.

Almost everyone giving Wanderlei no chance of winning this fight? I agree sonnen would be the slighter favorite due to his wrestling, but the way I see it is, if completely delusional fans thought chael would actually beat jones, then silva fans can hope for a victory. A Wanderlei victory doesn't seem farfetched, not as ridiculous as hoping for chael to have beaten jones, now that shit was laughable.

Sonnen super fans are just a different breed dude, the guy's best win is probably Yushin Okami add that to an extremely controversial "almost" win and suddenly he beats everyone not named Anderson or Jones easily and according to someone in this thread is a top five LHW/MW who outwrestles everybody in those divisions not named Jones or Weidman. (apparently that guy forgot about Maia and Babalu)

This from a guy who's 6-6 in the UFC with 1 finish.

Good times in the world of MMA.

So, after Wanderlei, will he fight Rich Franklin at a 195 lb catchweight? lol

Hmm, don't agree with that choice. He belongs in MW imo.

Edit: but a LHW bout with Wanderlei is very ideal. I figured he was testing the waters with Wanderlei at the post fight presser when he mentioned him.

Wand belongs at 205 to end his career..

His legacy was at that weight and he looked so much better against Stann. That cut at his age must be brutal.. Same thing with Chael..

It's not far fetched for Chael to defeat Wanderlei. If it stays on the feet, Chael's probably in big trouble, but Chael will probably get takedowns at will.

Also, Chael's relatively recent arm triangle of Brian Stann is way more relevant than Wanderlei's lack of submission defeats from many years ago.

I'm glad that Stann is a wrestler by trade and definitely tried to take the fight there. Sonnen would like to win. He'll wrestle. Think harder please.

Yeah, I think Stann let the fact that it was in Japan and a lot of his military buddies were there get to him. He felt like he had to "be the man to beat the man" instead of trying to grapple with Wanderlei and keeping conscious.

At least Wand doesn't need to worry about getting KTFO in this bout. Book it imo.

I wonder how soon we have to wait for this? Chael seems fine and Wand's last fight was almost 2 months ago so hopefully we get this before the end of summer (likely UFC 163)

Sonnen super fans are just a different breed dude, the guy's best win is probably Yushin Okami add that to an extremely controversial "almost" win and suddenly he beats everyone not named Anderson or Jones easily and according to someone in this thread is a top five LHW/MW who outwrestles everybody in those divisions not named Jones or Weidman. (apparently that guy forgot about Maia and Babalu)

This from a guy who's 6-6 in the UFC with 1 finish.

Good times in the world of MMA.

Ha ha ha ha! Yeah, I remember having read that in this thread and thinking it's completely ridiculous, who was that silly bastard?

No as I said these guys didn't go for subs.....yoshida took him down once.....thsts like me saying "lolololol bj didn't sub serk when they fought so nobody can sub him"....well yeah he didn't take him down....and none of these guys worked subs on wand.....but you have to actually watch the figgts instead of fight finder.......you are correct, the other guy was in the wrong on that one.......

I haven't seen the Yoshida fight in a while but if I recall correctly the majority of the first round was spent on the ground with more than one sub attempt, so my memories either way off (which I doubt), or mister Fight Finder uses Fightmetric for his info.

Back