UFC Fox 25 - Weidman vs Gastelum - Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guess I'm back to the plan of just live betting Kelvin after you guys obliterated that NSC line, haha

Weidman - Villante is a brother and training partner, I'm more evolved, my wife keeps me grounded, I'm not getting beat up in front my home crowd, I just can't do it, get knocked down, get back up, neither one of us will back down, real champions come back from tough times

Gastelum - I will destory, I want the title shot, training at Kings MMA for 6 months, I want to finish as quickly as I can, 12 fights in UFC, I'm mentally prepared for it, I'm very confident I can finish the fight, nothing I haven't seen before, he's fighting for his job, I want to fight the monsters, this is only the begining for me, I'm ready for everything

Bermudez - I have the edge everywhere, every day is grind, training with LaFlare, Wade, we're all grinding together, our own backyard, back to the basics, he's super tough, there's no quit in him, I'll keep the distance, in and out, mixed my takedowns, throw him down, and he'll tap, bring the pain

Elkins - Continuning my win streak, number 5, most strikes landed record in UFC, started learning again at TAM, rejuvenated me, my family is everything to me, my chin is made of iron, he gasses, no one goes my pace, I'll keep going, my style is to gas him, my heart, my stamina and my toughness, I like grueling tough fights, I'm coming to finish, bring the heat, top 10 statement

Cummins - working with boxing champion Antonio Tarver, coach says he has natural power, another coach is Neil Melanson, says we're ready, I'm the bad guy, push the pace, be smart

Villante - (Talks Weidman) We're family, no quit in Cummins and I, I'm a mean nasty guy, I go forward, coach said Villante had no striking background coming from football, you haven't see the best me yet

Weidman - It's tough fighting in New York, I'm still under appeal, but I couldn't say no to the main event slot.

Gastelum - I'm happy about the match-up, I hope you guys are as well

(drinking two beers during the interview) They are big guys at 185, but training at Kings MMA, my timing is better, distance control, precision, learning so much, you'll see a better version of me, Kennedy was not my hardest fight, I haven't shown 50% of my potential, there's another level

Did 2 weeks at new UFC institute, now back at Kings MMA, I'm ready, I should be next in line when I win my fight, Romero ran out of gas against Whittaker

I feel great, his skill set plays perfect into mine, I will have the speed and footwork advantage, I will earn the title shot, I will perform like I did in Brazil, I still have my eyes on the welterweight title

Gas NSC now -202 loll

Berm dec opens +116. Prob max that til its about -120

Weidman - I started crying when I watched the countdown show (same with Longo and Serra) [about the parts with his daughter and wife], I thought I was going to rematch Mousasi, but UFC gave me Gastelum, Long Island is our home, it's a dream come true, I just have to go out there and perform, Gastelum is not afraid to get hit, that takes you far, Long Island vs. the world, everyone is working together, hopefully we all go undefeated that night, prepared for a war, but I expect a finish

I train with monsters, never an easy day at Kings, been here for 2 years, all the pressure is on him, he lives 10 mins away, in front of all his family, second camp I've prepared for 25 mins, I walk around 187, my tummy is happy, I have biggest heart in division, hard to put me on my back, I'm confident in my skills, speed and agility in my factor, I'm new generation, new young champions, want to go back to 170 after this fight, I can beat Woodley, I can afford a nutritionist now, maybe not after this fight, but eventually

0.66u on Villante ITD +155.

It's a pick'em really and I may give Gian a slight edge. If he wins, this is how he does it. Such a low level fight though I couldn't even bring myself to put down a whole unit yet

Great shape, always training, winning streak, I'm hungry, young, will fight hard, team oyama, living the dream, 24 year old, still learning, Pickett win showed me I'm ready, I was very motivated, I'm not scared, I feel like I can beat anybody, BJJ black belt, wrestling was my weakness, but I grind everyday at 10th planet, if he wants to take me down, I won't get tired, I will win I don't care how, I'm a father of 2

Short notice, weight cut going well, they call me to fight one guy right after my fight but my hand was jacked up, then they called 2 weeks later with Natal fight, I said yes, he backs himself up, I can land shots, take him down, it favors me, last fight went 5 rounds, I live in the gym, have cardio, fought 2 months ago, he'll gas out, I'll get a late TKO, I have confident in my takedown defense, and ground game, I've never had the jitters, business as usual (fought in Bellator, LFA)

The kid is a beast and he's right, all the pressure is on Weidman.

People will say he lost to a WW half his size.

took some cummins dec +301

You trust that dudes paper chin?

Cummins is one of those fighters people look forward to and expect to see get KOd.

<6>

The kid is a beast and he's right, all the pressure is on Weidman.

People will say he lost to a WW half his size.

You trust that dudes paper chin?

Cummins is one of those fighters people look forward to and expect to see get KOd.

<6>

he wins more than he loses in the ufc... it's not like he's some scrub. he just decisioned blachowicz in a fairly similar stylistic matchup (tho villante arguably has better tdd, but it's similarly)

Hungry, never worked any harder, I come forward, I'm hard to get to the mat, I'm like a cat, after fighting I would like to open a gym, all my Long Island friends will be there, prospect vs. prospect, he wanted this fight, I wanted it as well, I wanted the Pepey fight, I train at a small gym, I'm the only UFC guy, also train at Sityodtong and Lauzon

he wins more than he loses in the ufc... it's not like he's some scrub. he just decisioned blachowicz in a fairly similar stylistic matchup (tho villante arguably has better tdd, but it's similarly)

From memory: wasn't a small miracle that Cummings survived R1 and made a comeback? I just don't trust him at all.

I honestly believe Weidman took career altering damage here, just like JDS did vs Cain.

I mean, then after that he came out and took even more damage.

Jesus Christ

That gets worse every time I see it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back