UFC Fox 24 - DJ vs Reis - Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know the rationale for those with a strong lean on Whittaker. Is is Jacare's age? How he looked like of "meh" vs Tim? I guess I'm struggling a bit to see how anyone could REALLY like him in this spot.

The blueprint to someone beating Jacare is a brilliant wrestler with a good gas tank and solid striking who can stuff TD attempts without tiring and win standup exchanges. Yoel had some of those things, but I still do think Jacare won that fight. Whittaker imo is missing the MOST important of those things, and that's the ability to stop the TD. Jacare has established himself as an extremely effective MMA grappler (even his wrestling), not just a bjj legend. Meaning not only is it pretty much game over once he gets guys down, but also that he's developed the ability to get them down in the first place. Whittaker (from what I've seen) sure doesn't seem like a guy who can stuff TD's for 15 minutes from Jacare. And unlike traditional wrestlers, guys like Jacare and Maia have a HUGE edge when it comes to working for TD's: they don't give a shit if they end up on their back in a scramble. They can take chances other guys can't. For example if somehow Whittaker ends up in Jacare's guard, Robert will be in panic mode trying to get back to his feet before he gets swept and is screwed.

Personally, despite the fact that Jacare has shown a very good chin I think Whittaker's only shot is landing something huge and getting a finish that way. I'd rather play his (Whittaker's) KO line at +312 than his ML at +200 or whatever.

Jacare really doesn't have a ton of value either imo. I guess at -200 or better I like him here, I did bet his itd (which right now is better than his sub line LOL) at +110. Jacare KO at +690 I'm gonna stab small too. If Robert gets mounted and Jacare pounds away it's possible we see a TKO stoppage.

Thug Rose/KH FOTN +550.

Odds kind of lame but this is for sure the fight I favor to win it. Odds not very good that it ends quickly, should be good scrambles, etc.

Thoughts on Evans-Smith?

I don't bet... but Smith is fighting an undefeated Brazilian who loves the ground game and wrestling and looked big at the weigh-ins. I'd say it's going to be a tough night for Smith.

I mixed you up with sadistics! My bad

Ty for the feedback, either way.. I get where you're coming from (and I agree nejther would get a ko)

Lol, yea the way we post our bets is similar. I'm second guessing myself a little bit on the bet now, I'm not sure it's worth the risk when Rose's chances of finishing aren't that great either. I'm on it for 2.385u, so not a huge bet but kinda wishing I did about half that.

Rose now -125. I'm cashing out my KH bet and going with thug rose, great post a couple of pages ago about KH's shoulder, it sure looks like there could be something wrong there

My main picks:

Evans-Smith
Elliot and Elliot Submission
Green (small dog bet)
Williams (small dog bet)
Volkov (large bet)
Stephens
Whittaker
Thug Rose (large bet)
Reis submission (small bet for fun)

Had a fucking nightmare with losing on Rumble. Lost everything i had won this year. Learnt a harsh lesson as got carried away with myself... Onwards and upwards. GL to everyone. Cant wait for this card

Collier wins by TKO/KO @ +350

Collier wins in round 2 @ +675
Collier wins in round 3 @ +1150

I am hitting all 3, I think Collier can finish Clark.

You have better odds at Bet365) collier wins in r1 +450 , r2 +800 , r3 +2000

Gentlemen, this is stacked card except for the female fights. Let us prosper together.

Do people seriously put value in Luca Fury isn't he a proven liar who alters his bets?

If anyone's paying 3 grand or whatever for his picks honestly re-evaluate your life, it's a fist fight on a Saturday night

No fucker knows what's gunna happen

Plus.. my lord does he have the worst accent I've ever heard in my life, the fuck even is that?
Combined with him sucking his own cock for about 20 minutes per podcast about how well he's doing,

Fuck off you complete nob

Hmm he can't lie because he tracks his bets 3rd party. But his ROI is only like 12% so he's actually below average to me.

Had a fucking nightmare with losing on Rumble. Lost everything i had won this year. Learnt a harsh lesson as got carried away with myself... Onwards and upwards. GL to everyone. Cant wait for this card

No prob I had Rumble too and it was an elite pick imo. He had all the tools to beat Cormier but no one knew he would approach this fight like an idiot.

Anyway im little bit scared of Collier. I mean Clarke is better athlete but he gasses at the same time. Collier is terrible too. It's gonna be a close fight.

No prob I had Rumble too and it was an elite pick imo. He had all the tools to beat Cormier but no one knew he would approach this fight like an idiot.

Anyway im little bit scared of Collier. I mean Clarke is better athlete but he gasses at the same time. Collier is terrible too. It's gonna be a close fight.
Clark is the more terrible one IMO.

I don't bet... but Smith is fighting an undefeated Brazilian who loves the ground game and wrestling and looked big at the weigh-ins. I'd say it's going to be a tough night for Smith.
I disagree her wrestling aint that good. I think she will get out muscled by Evans smith.

holy shit pat is 9.20 in my bookie this is out of control and i made a bet on pat when he was 4.0... fuck LOL didnt expect that coming. no one deserves to be that big of a favorite. Unless cm punk fights ronaldo jacare XD

i think someone made a monster bet on Tom. maybe few hundred thousand. Odds cant move like that overnight

Thoughts on Evans-Smith?

Just not impressed by vieira. She's a hugger without many skills.. don't think she's ufc level yet.. I know she got the split over faszholz, but a: I don't think she deserved it and b: she needs to be the bigger fighter to implement her game.. not the case against evans smith

Ashlee has shown much improved standup since her return.. she didn't deserve the decision against reneau, but she has the edge at distance and should be a wash in the clinch. Also, if she gets on top of vieira she can do some major damage

@ + 800 I had to make a donation to the sports book account as well regarding Pat Williams. It's just the Williams has so little way to win this fight and he is so fucking chinny it's ridiculous. Dude's jawline is constructed of sugar glass! For Christ thanks Pablo Alonso put him to sleep and Pablo is so feather-fisted he makes Aljo look like Mike Tyson. And Pablo got him in the first round.

Worse still is that PW literally rushes in with his head straight up in the air like a puppet who's strings are being pulled by someone in the rafters lol Like he has no control over his anatomical structure. Indeed, it's like he can't help it. Even more funny is that in many fights he repeatedly looks at his feet like they're to blame lol Just watch him vs. Chris Beal for instance, he charges at Beal like a fucking wild gazelle whose musculoskeletal system is in full rigor mortis. It's bizarre. EPIPHANY! Now I know why he is called the animal.

I jumped on Collier +125 and Collier rd2, too.

He has wilted and kinda quit a couple times, which is concerning, but I think Clark is more raw / less developed in mma (but is more explosive)... And he seems darned chinny.

Thought about Collier nsc instead of ml, but the fact that he's from Missouri made me stick with ml (in case close Dec)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back