UFC Fox 24 - DJ vs Reis - Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Value. I think Jacare should be like -130ish, not over -200. I think you're implying Whittaker only has a puncher's chance and I don't think that at all. And do an extent, I think I think he fits into that prototypical fighter to beat Jacare that you outlined early in your post.

I think he has it all other than the TDD necessary. Problem is I think that's the most important tool needed.

Also I want to be clear I'm not saying it's just a "puncher's chance". Whit throws great combos and has nice footwork. My point was that imo if he wins the overwhelming majority of the time it's because he lights up Jacare standing. I don't think he can stop TD'S for 15 minutes, nor do I think he can survive on the mat vs Jacare.

Last edited:
Do people seriously put value in Luca Fury isn't he a proven liar who alters his bets?

If anyone's paying 3 grand or whatever for his picks honestly re-evaluate your life, it's a fist fight on a Saturday night

No fucker knows what's gunna happen

Plus.. my lord does he have the worst accent I've ever heard in my life, the fuck even is that?
Combined with him sucking his own cock for about 20 minutes per podcast about how well he's doing,

Fuck off you complete nob
Noone here does. It's a running joke here to post his picks since they're favourites 99.99% of the time. He's the king of juice.

Has anyone actaully seen Waterson vs Tamada AKA 50 year old Japanese lady? This was Waterson's only successful title defence as the Invicta atomweight champ. One of the biggest beatdowns in WMMA IMO, the poor old lady just ate it for 3 rounds, I'm actaully surprised the athletic commission sanctioned, it was a complete miss match. The fight was a couple years ago and Tamada was 47 at the time, brutal stuff.

Yeah it was a joke pissed myself when saw her age

FOTN is kind of tough for this card, but i'm taking stabs on two lowkey candidates. Green vs Mago +1000 and Collier vs Clark +1150

Ill also stab Duquesnoy Fastest KO +700 and Jacare fastest sub +450

clark-collier was another one i considered, too -- that & moicano-stephens

so i don't dislike that at all, hehe

I think he has it all other than the TDD necessary. Problem is I think that's the most important tool needed.

Also I want to be clear I'm not saying it's just a "puncher's chance". Whit throws great combos and has nice footwork. My point was that imo if he wins the overwhelming majority of the time it's because he lights up Jacare standing. I don't think he can stop TD'S for 15 minutes, nor do I think he can survive on the mat vs Jacare.
Man, i dont think Jacare is gonna have an easy time taking Whittaker down.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/15/15287680/ketlen-vieira-wants-to-be-female-version-jose-aldo-ufc

aldo-mcgregor-ufc-fight-gif-2.gif

cb6fcc5007d06c464f665acea714d91e.gif

@Oblivian you always seem to have a great opinion as to which fighter will be the square bet of the night. Thoughts on who that will be today?

@Oblivian you always seem to have a great opinion as to which fighter will be the square bet of the night. Thoughts on who that will be today?
I believe he's thinking Cummings...

Don't be right O!!!

<codychoke>

If you scroll down on your screen to where only the bottom half of the second gif is showing (their legs,) you just see Aldo covering ground and then his legs just stop working lol. New appreciation for gif
yeah that second gif is so beautiful. could watch that all day lol. was kinda stupid of aldo to close the distance with two hooks. i hope rematch happens one day

am i the only one on moicano here?
I think so.

Watch his hands during his combos, they return to his waist after every single punch he throws. His head movement is also pretty poor. I think Stephens has a field day

I Jacare is a brilliant wrestler ....established himself as an extremely effective MMA grappler (even his wrestling), not just a bjj legend. Meaning not only is it pretty much game over once he gets guys down, but also that he's developed the ability to get them down in the first place. ..And unlike traditional wrestlers, guys like Jacare and Maia have a HUGE edge when it comes to working for TD's: .

Let me add ..

Regarding his wrestling and takedowns and the many set ups he uses to get the takedowns. They are a cornucopia of brilliance.

When striking, one of his favorite techniques to get in the telephone booth range with his opponent is to throw a left hook to overhand right combo and then clich so he can hit a judo throw/trip from a bodylock. Additionally he'll throw faclever spinning heel-kick to get in close and put his hands on his man. The methods are very deep for him to set up a takedown as opposed to a traditional wrestler. I mean, Jacare has various methods to bring his guys to the floor as seen in recent fights and discussed below:

it's not just that Jacare has takedowns, it is the myriad ways that he accomplishes it in his cavernous tool-kit to cull from when the opportunity presents itself. Much of his striking is intrinsically window dressing as to get his man thinking kick boxing match before ultimately ending flat on his ass and subsequently having one of their limbs ripped from their anatomical structure. I'm going off memory on some of these but most are supported with statistics. The main thesis is the various methods utilized by the Brazilian to ground his opposition.

Go back and watch them for yourself.

Ed Herman fight Jacare 2-2 in R1 to tap-out in first-round.

Carmont did infinitely better than ANYONE else has. Jacare went 2-4 over 15 minutes and Francis defriended brilliantly once he was taken down. Indeed he never allowed Jacare to settle into position and ever get his shoulder blades flat to the canvas and relinquish position. Instead Francis continued squirming, shrimping, and bucking his hips to offset Jacare's rhythm . Nevertheless, once Jacare got him down he controlled the round by eating clock.

Camozzi = one take down plus one submission attempted = tap-out = Jacare victory.

Tim Boetsch: Initially "The Barbarian" stuffed Jacare's first 2 offerings but made one tiny mistake by throwing a ill-advised low leg kick in which Jacare scooped and drove him to the fence off a single takedown, dumps Tim, steps over his knee into the full mount and the clamps down onto a Kimura with the force of a shark bite. Game. Set. Match. Hit the showers. Fight is over.

Belfort: The "Phenom" stuffs the initial two shots (blast double legs) and was forcing Jacare into a glorified kickboxing match before circling the wrong way, trying to reset, and giving Jacare the opportunity to blast in with cat like quickness and secure the takedown. This takedown illustrated Jacare's wrestling versatility as he eschewed a basic single or double which would have allowed Belfort to get back into position, by centering his feet up and gathering his base underneath him where he could obtain under hooks to stuff the shot. Instead Jacare took the path of least resistance and hit a good old fashion John Smith style ankle pick. Belfort never got back up and was bludgeoned.

Mousasi: so Moose stuffed the first 3 TDA's and 4-10 TDA's but they started coming to easier later in the fight. Indeed, by round three Jacare hit 2–3 TDAs and only attempting one submission — the guillotine — which was tight as a vice. Result: Tap-out Mousasi winner Jacare.

If past is prologue, Robert Whitaker cannot make a single mistake less he end up on his back and getting a limb ripped from his body.

am i the only one on moicano here?
I think so. Pretty much all experts are on Stephens. I have no idea why odds are that close or where is money on Moicano coming from. This is weird. Stephens deserves to be 4-1 fav

Man, i dont think Jacare is gonna have an easy time taking Whittaker down.

That's the big question. Whittaker spent a lot of the first few minutes of the Brunson fight with his back pressed against the cage. I think if that happens here, he's getting taken down and at that point he's in serious trouble. He's a purple belt and I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he can survive with Jacare on top of him. I don't think Jacare is going to be completely outclassed standing either. That said, I personally cap Jacare around -250 but I can see arguments for playing Whittaker in the +200 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back