UFC Fox 24 - DJ vs Reis - Kansas City | Page 46

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by EzFlyer, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkess101 Title incoming...

mkess101
    I think he has it all other than the TDD necessary. Problem is I think that's the most important tool needed.

Also I want to be clear I'm not saying it's just a "puncher's chance". Whit throws great combos and has nice footwork. My point was that imo if he wins the overwhelming majority of the time it's because he lights up Jacare standing. I don't think he can stop TD'S for 15 minutes, nor do I think he can survive on the mat vs Jacare.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. MMA Gambling Expert #1

MMA Gambling Expert
    #DarkHorse #TooFast #HeadCleanOff #DoneInOne #TeamWhittaker

AmericanBeauty and Cptn1NSAN0 like this.
  3. Agent Mulder Brown Belt

Agent Mulder
    Noone here does. It's a running joke here to post his picks since they're favourites 99.99% of the time. He's the king of juice.

King_Brown likes this.
  4. MMA Diversity MMA Diversity

MMA Diversity
    How much you put on it?

5. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Sham5916910
    Yeah it was a joke pissed myself when saw her age

MMA Gambling Expert likes this.
  6. KeystoneKannon Yellow Belt

KeystoneKannon
    If Pat Williams pulls off this win I will be rich

King_Brown and cagebrain like this.
  7. cagebrain MMA Expert Bettor

cagebrain
    this is feeling like a bektic/elkins situation

8. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    clark-collier was another one i considered, too -- that & moicano-stephens

so i don't dislike that at all, hehe

9. iGnP Red Belt

iGnP
    Man, i dont think Jacare is gonna have an easy time taking Whittaker down.

Cptn1NSAN0 likes this.
  10. King_Brown #AndStill #1 bettor on Sherdog ($4300)

King_Brown
  11. Shoulder #29 most average paid MMA bettor on Sherdog.

Shoulder
    I'm on Williams 0.2U@9.00, no one should be that favored in their ufc debut.

King_Brown likes this.
  12. Cptn1NSAN0 shows no mercy

Cptn1NSAN0
    cagebrain and King_Brown like this.
  13. iGnP Red Belt

iGnP
    @Oblivian you always seem to have a great opinion as to which fighter will be the square bet of the night. Thoughts on who that will be today?

14. Cptn1NSAN0 shows no mercy

Cptn1NSAN0
    I believe he's thinking Cummings...

Don't be right O!!!

<codychoke>

rille31 and iGnP like this.
  15. King_Brown #AndStill #1 bettor on Sherdog ($4300)

King_Brown
    yeah that second gif is so beautiful. could watch that all day lol. was kinda stupid of aldo to close the distance with two hooks. i hope rematch happens one day

16. piglord Brown Belt

piglord
    am i the only one on moicano here?

17. Cptn1NSAN0 shows no mercy

Cptn1NSAN0
    I think so.

Watch his hands during his combos, they return to his waist after every single punch he throws. His head movement is also pretty poor. I think Stephens has a field day

18. MMA Goodfella Jury-Jiu-Jitsu Purple Belt in capping

MMA Goodfella

Let me add ..

Regarding his wrestling and takedowns and the many set ups he uses to get the takedowns. They are a cornucopia of brilliance.

When striking, one of his favorite techniques to get in the telephone booth range with his opponent is to throw a left hook to overhand right combo and then clich so he can hit a judo throw/trip from a bodylock. Additionally he'll throw faclever spinning heel-kick to get in close and put his hands on his man. The methods are very deep for him to set up a takedown as opposed to a traditional wrestler. I mean, Jacare has various methods to bring his guys to the floor as seen in recent fights and discussed below:

it's not just that Jacare has takedowns, it is the myriad ways that he accomplishes it in his cavernous tool-kit to cull from when the opportunity presents itself. Much of his striking is intrinsically window dressing as to get his man thinking kick boxing match before ultimately ending flat on his ass and subsequently having one of their limbs ripped from their anatomical structure. I'm going off memory on some of these but most are supported with statistics. The main thesis is the various methods utilized by the Brazilian to ground his opposition.

Go back and watch them for yourself.

Ed Herman fight Jacare 2-2 in R1 to tap-out in first-round.

Carmont did infinitely better than ANYONE else has. Jacare went 2-4 over 15 minutes and Francis defriended brilliantly once he was taken down. Indeed he never allowed Jacare to settle into position and ever get his shoulder blades flat to the canvas and relinquish position. Instead Francis continued squirming, shrimping, and bucking his hips to offset Jacare's rhythm . Nevertheless, once Jacare got him down he controlled the round by eating clock.

Camozzi = one take down plus one submission attempted = tap-out = Jacare victory.

Tim Boetsch: Initially "The Barbarian" stuffed Jacare's first 2 offerings but made one tiny mistake by throwing a ill-advised low leg kick in which Jacare scooped and drove him to the fence off a single takedown, dumps Tim, steps over his knee into the full mount and the clamps down onto a Kimura with the force of a shark bite. Game. Set. Match. Hit the showers. Fight is over.

Belfort: The "Phenom" stuffs the initial two shots (blast double legs) and was forcing Jacare into a glorified kickboxing match before circling the wrong way, trying to reset, and giving Jacare the opportunity to blast in with cat like quickness and secure the takedown. This takedown illustrated Jacare's wrestling versatility as he eschewed a basic single or double which would have allowed Belfort to get back into position, by centering his feet up and gathering his base underneath him where he could obtain under hooks to stuff the shot. Instead Jacare took the path of least resistance and hit a good old fashion John Smith style ankle pick. Belfort never got back up and was bludgeoned.

Mousasi: so Moose stuffed the first 3 TDA's and 4-10 TDA's but they started coming to easier later in the fight. Indeed, by round three Jacare hit 2–3 TDAs and only attempting one submission — the guillotine — which was tight as a vice. Result: Tap-out Mousasi winner Jacare.

If past is prologue, Robert Whitaker cannot make a single mistake less he end up on his back and getting a limb ripped from his body.

Ukram, Cptn1NSAN0 and t6p like this.
  19. King_Brown #AndStill #1 bettor on Sherdog ($4300)

King_Brown
    I think so. Pretty much all experts are on Stephens. I have no idea why odds are that close or where is money on Moicano coming from. This is weird. Stephens deserves to be 4-1 fav

AmericanBeauty likes this.
  20. t6p Purple Belt

t6p
    That's the big question. Whittaker spent a lot of the first few minutes of the Brunson fight with his back pressed against the cage. I think if that happens here, he's getting taken down and at that point he's in serious trouble. He's a purple belt and I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe he can survive with Jacare on top of him. I don't think Jacare is going to be completely outclassed standing either. That said, I personally cap Jacare around -250 but I can see arguments for playing Whittaker in the +200 range.

Ukram and King_Brown like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.