UFC FN 128 - Barboza vs Lee - Atlantic City | Page 9

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Naught2Sixty, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Stunna77 Purple Belt

Stunna77
    Taking someone down 11 times and losing the fight speaks to is top control too though, no? Iirc he did absolute shit when he had him down and maybe kept him there for 10 seconds on avg, while getting the worst of the clinch as well.

2. ill800 Founder of Eugenics Society of Gambling

ill800
    Yea I’d say more in the -180 range. I tried to get him at -190 and it went up to -215. I had to make the decision cause I figured he’d get steamed. I don’t mind paying a little extra for killers like santos. That guy is going to fight for my money I know that much

Branch has jiu jitsu he just rarely utilizes it. Not many subs. He’s more of a control guy. Not very aggressive on the ground. I don’t know that he can hold santos down if he manages to get him there and three rounds is a long time for branch to stay away from santos power

Branch is a solid all around fighter. Can’t hate on plays on him especially around +200

3. MacPherson911 street walkin' cheetah with a heart full of napalm

MacPherson911
    I don't see that happening like I'm Stevie Wonder.

4. Gugabe Blue Belt

Gugabe
    Gonna be playing Branch. Tbh I was expecting to get Santos @ +150 and play him there for value, but Santos at -200 with the sheer amount of dumb things he does/has done is hard to swallow.

5. Gugabe Blue Belt

Gugabe
    Yeah. That's perplexing as hell. Johns doesn't have a good win yet, and is a Euro WrestleBoxer that's going to be against somebody with better point striking and better grappling.

2bet likes this.
  6. Levels White Belt

Levels
    The only thing that really bothers me about Aljo is his inability to scramble out of bottom position. If Johns gets top position he could spend a whole round there without Aljo being able to get up. Look at that Aljo vs Barao fight, Aljo couldn't get up in round 1.

Still think Aljo is the better athlete and more skilled fighter, he should be favored. Johns is a over hyped euro prospect and he's only beaten bums.

TheOneTrueKing likes this.
  7. Gugabe Blue Belt

Gugabe
    Barao is an insanely good grappler. Johns is, most likely, not on Barao's level on the top.

8. Levels White Belt

Levels
    Thats true but it was also USADA Barao. Wasn't a good look for Sterling to get held down like that but yeah on paper Johns isn't the grappler Barao is.

I'll be on Sterling as an underdog, I do favor him to win.

If Sterling wasn't coming off a KO loss and if Johns wasn't coming off that impressive sub win, then Aljo would be favored significantly, hot and cold.

2bet likes this.
  9. CheeseAndHoneyMustard Yellow Card

CheeseAndHoneyMustard
    Exactly. On top of all the talk about Aljo being better at everything, lets remember. This is some third world foreigner whos best training partner is probably Stevie Ray or some other over hyped obscure euro bum. And hes taking on someone from the Beast Coast of USA. We don't play over here. Most heavily infested area of amazing and savage fighters.

Maybe flake Joe Soto who gets steamrolled by Alcantara and Anthony Birchak gives up some bullshit leglock to Johns, but Aljo won't. Hes gonna crush this fool and remind the bookies you never favor random Euro country over Beast Coast USA

10. OutRun I'm giving you a night call to tell you how I feel

OutRun
    I'm actually talking about his 2016 fight where he got caught in lazy sub attempts like four times by Bumdon Thatch. Why should he be the favorite; knockout power? Name one other advantage of his.

11. Levels White Belt

Levels
    I agree with you

And yeah Johns trains at some bum gym in Wales, can't compare it to Serra Longo MMA.

Good match up for Aljo who has all the advantages, LOL at the odds, I'm getting mine

CheeseAndHoneyMustard likes this.
  12. zeckdo White Belt

zeckdo
    I just watched that fight and don't recall him being in any danger from Thatch on the ground, Siyar actually battered Thatch with GnP all fight, Brandon quit in that fight, he's a wimp, but Chagas should be good enough on the ground to either avoid it entirely and stick to his striking (with eyepokes), or get back to his feet qucikly after one of siyar's explosive takedowns. close fight, pissed I didn't bet Luan at +140, not gonna bet him as a favorite though.

13. CheeseAndHoneyMustard Yellow Card

CheeseAndHoneyMustard
    Siyar/Chagas itd -180

Very nice

14. CheeseAndHoneyMustard Yellow Card

CheeseAndHoneyMustard
    -245 already lmfao

15. mkess101 85 or bust...

mkess101
    Did Thatch just retire? That guy was absolutely clueless on the ground, and hell no did he ever threaten Siyar at all. On that you are for sure correct. Not because Siyar's grappling is anything special, but because Thatch has crap grappling and crap cardio, at least when it comes to a UFC caliber fighters.

LIke you said, Thatch never looked like he really wanted to be in there in the first place. Hard to take a lot away from Siyar dominating him on the mat.

2bet and zeckdo like this.
  16. piglord Brown Belt

piglord
    leslie smith tdd intel?

turbozed likes this.
  17. OutRun I'm giving you a night call to tell you how I feel

OutRun
    Thatch was position to kimura him r1, to triangle him r1, and to armbar him r2 but Thatch is a fucking flako supremo so didn't really have the gumption to do anything with it. Siyar fights like a brute, with little regard for his own safety-- on the feet and on the ground.

zeckdo likes this.
  18. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Sham5916910
    Chin cardio power

OutRun likes this.
  19. Roads55 Brown Belt

Roads55
    Lee and sterling getting bet pretty hard, aljo looks likely to go fav soon

20. michi972 Green Belt

michi972
    Nakamura
    Barboza