UFC FN 128 - Barboza vs Lee - Atlantic City

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Naught2Sixty, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Levels

Levels Banned Banned

Thats true but it was also USADA Barao. Wasn't a good look for Sterling to get held down like that but yeah on paper Johns isn't the grappler Barao is.

I'll be on Sterling as an underdog, I do favor him to win.

If Sterling wasn't coming off a KO loss and if Johns wasn't coming off that impressive sub win, then Aljo would be favored significantly, hot and cold.

2bet likes this.
  2. OutRun

OutRun I'm giving you a night call to tell you how I feel

I'm actually talking about his 2016 fight where he got caught in lazy sub attempts like four times by Bumdon Thatch. Why should he be the favorite; knockout power? Name one other advantage of his.

3. Levels

Levels Banned Banned

I agree with you

And yeah Johns trains at some bum gym in Wales, can't compare it to Serra Longo MMA.

Good match up for Aljo who has all the advantages, LOL at the odds, I'm getting mine

CheeseAndHoneyMustard likes this.
  4. zeckdo

zeckdo Blue Belt

I just watched that fight and don't recall him being in any danger from Thatch on the ground, Siyar actually battered Thatch with GnP all fight, Brandon quit in that fight, he's a wimp, but Chagas should be good enough on the ground to either avoid it entirely and stick to his striking (with eyepokes), or get back to his feet qucikly after one of siyar's explosive takedowns. close fight, pissed I didn't bet Luan at +140, not gonna bet him as a favorite though.

5. mkess101

mkess101 85 or bust...

Did Thatch just retire? That guy was absolutely clueless on the ground, and hell no did he ever threaten Siyar at all. On that you are for sure correct. Not because Siyar's grappling is anything special, but because Thatch has crap grappling and crap cardio, at least when it comes to a UFC caliber fighters.

LIke you said, Thatch never looked like he really wanted to be in there in the first place. Hard to take a lot away from Siyar dominating him on the mat.

2bet and zeckdo like this.
  6. piglord

piglord Black Belt

leslie smith tdd intel?

turbozed likes this.
  7. OutRun

OutRun I'm giving you a night call to tell you how I feel

Thatch was position to kimura him r1, to triangle him r1, and to armbar him r2 but Thatch is a fucking flako supremo so didn't really have the gumption to do anything with it. Siyar fights like a brute, with little regard for his own safety-- on the feet and on the ground.

zeckdo likes this.
  8. Sham5916910

Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Chin cardio power

OutRun likes this.
  9. Roads55

Roads55 Brown Belt

Lee and sterling getting bet pretty hard, aljo looks likely to go fav soon

10. michi972

michi972 Green Belt

Nakamura
    Barboza
    Branch
    La flare
    Thoughts guys?

11. vkram

vkram Brown Belt

I quite like Barboza and Branch as I think they both have viable paths to victory as underdogs. Nakamura is also a good fighter and maybe he can snatch a RNC but I haven't really looked into that fight. I wouldn't really touch La Flare, he is coming off his first career KO loss and Garcia is a big puncher in his own right. I'm not sure how their wrestling matches up either but La Flare should have a cardio advantage.

12. zeckdo

zeckdo Blue Belt

props up for cummins vs anderson and barboza vs lee.

cummins ko +815

Stunna77 likes this.
  13. quincy k

quincy k Brown Belt

cummings rd 3 +2100 has some value

14. MrShady

MrShady White Belt

What do you guys think about Cummins vs Anderson?
    I rate Cummins as a grinder and wrestler but Anderson has proven to be solid in that game. Both fighters seem chinny but I feel like Cummins has pillow fists ?

15. Stunna77

Stunna77 Purple Belt

Anderson ML +145, Anderson Dec +315, Cummins TKO hedge +815 for me...Think Anderson will stick and move on the feet and outvolume Cummins to a dec. Wrestling will cancel for the most part.

turbozed, MMAJay, t6p and 1 other person like this.
  16. Wiktoruspro

Wiktoruspro Green Belt

I rewatched Merabs last fight against Frankie.. what a fuckin robbery. How the fuck did he lose this fight? He landed takedown after takedown and was ultra agressive.

17. levitation

levitation White Belt

happy with 2.5 unit play on +290 Sherman. Sherman usually looks better on his rebound fights and he already has experience fighting a southpaw (Harris). Inside leg kick should be there for him, as should reach and height but who knows if he uses it. Willis appears too much the favorite. Sherman will probably play it safe RD 1 since hes coming off a loss on the possibly flukey China card (quite a few fighters didn't show up that night). Could hit the scorecards or end with a KO, but I like +290 sherman

18. lifeisgood12345

lifeisgood12345 Green Belt

I hear what you are saying, but I think you are underrating the key point that the Vanilla Gorilla is complete and utter trash and is going to get wrecked by the superior talent

19. lilbloaty

lilbloaty Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

Chase is a bum

20. raketmannen

raketmannen Brown Belt

He did literally nothing with the takedowns though and from memory he was the one taking more damage in the striking department, also he got cut up by 2 headbutts so all the blood probably swayed the judges. I had money on Merab in that fight and was not suprised by the decision