• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 300 is going to be a freakshow

Conor vs chandler/Nate, gaethje/Dustin 3, Whitaker/usman, max vs someone, and mvp/Holland

Last edited:
Jones Ngannou is the only ufc 300 worthy fight they could make

R.6c8542440a3a83f690319a32f061e0d3
419WlMbNyRL._SY300_.jpg

Get Cormier off the couch and do Brock vs. Cormier which we never got to see. Why not?

Big lack of stars in UFC these days, so it will probably be Conor. Not a lot else to choose from who are free

I don't think they would bring back Ronda or Brock. It's too late, they both have nothing to offer in terms of "what could happen" and it would look like a desperate move.

Why wouldn't Jones headline 300?
No such thing as desperate. It’s either cool or it’s not. And I’d watch a ronda card or Brock card TODAY

Anyone else kinda think maybe Dana planned on throwing Zuck on that card before he killed his knee?

UFC is pretty smart.

They know it will be difficult to live up to expectations of a huge 300 event, so they'll just skip it and go straight to 301.

I don't think they would bring back Ronda or Brock. It's too late, they both have nothing to offer in terms of "what could happen" and it would look like a desperate move.

Why wouldn't Jones headline 300?
Tore his pec and supposedly out for 8 months minimum. Are you not aware the Jones/Stipe fight is off? And Jones is going to be out until well after 300?

Brock is 46, or some shit. Not crazy for scripted pro wrestling. Not the best idea for mma, and a guy with only one fight in the last 12 years.. And that was 7 years ago. Would that even draw in the WWE crowd at this point? Is he still even in the WWE?

Ronda.. Probably not. But I could at least see her beating Rocky, or Pena. They are not elite fighters. But she doesn’t need the money. And it’s hard to say what her drawing power might be like. Is she even doing WWE anymore? Because UFC 207 was 7 years ago. And I would not expect a Ronda title challenge to be the ME for UFC 300. That’s for damn sure.

And for the Conor nuthuggers..

Conor headlining would almost certainly mean NO title fights on that card. Champions and certain other big name fighters get ppv points. Conor is a draw on his own. So why stack a Conor card with people that will get paid ppv points? That doesn’t really make sense now, does it? It’s hard to imagine the UFC paying out more than they have to. And Conor’s ego means he has to be the “Star Attraction”. He doesn’t share the spotlight with current champions.

UFC 264.. Dustin vs Conor 3. Co-main.. Burns vs WB.

UFC 257.. Dustin vs Conor 2. Co-Main.. Hooker vs Chandler.

UFC 246.. Conor vs Cerrone. Co-Main.. Holly vs Rocky

A clear and obvious pattern for his last 3 fights. Those Co-Mains are not really worthy of being the Co-Main on a regular ppv. And barely even main card worthy of a milestone card like UFC 300.

And if Conor was the ME, with no title fights on the card. Does that sound intriguing, or interesting for UFC THREE HUNDRED? Not to me it doesn’t. A Conor card with no title fights is a run of the mill UFC ppv card. Make it 299, or 301.. Who gives a shit? But that is not what you do for 300.. Period.

And even trusting Conor to show up is taking a big risk. Remember UFC 200. Both Conor, and Jones got pulled. And that was before Conor went off the deep end.

I’m not sure what the plan is for 300. But the UFC can pay a cpl champs to make a 3, or 4 month turnaround. Anything less than 2 title fights would be a massive fail, imo.

People talking about there isn't any stars to headline UFC 300 are crazy. There are so many great matchups available, more than i care to list. Unless we have late cancellations the card is going to be a banger and I'm sure it's going to be stacked. UFC may be the epitome of evil but they can put on solid cards. I'm not worried.

People talking about there isn't any stars to headline UFC 300 are crazy. There are so many great matchups available, more than i care to list. Unless we have late cancellations the card is going to be a banger and I'm sure it's going to be stacked. UFC may be the epitome of evil but they can put on solid cards. I'm not worried.

Star power as in pay-per-view draws. Outside of Conor McGregor you got maybe Jon as a medium PPV seller. Besides that maybe O'Malley.

I dont think USADA will gone long enough in time for Brock to come back. That guy cannot compete without some schenanigans and thanks to Mark Hunts voice,they know they cant just pull that shit again.

Conor is the only star they still have access to - and he's faded from what he once was.

UFC 100 was crazy. WWE athlete phenom Brock Lesnar, long reigning champion GSP, Bisping-Hendo after TUF, Perenial brides maid under GSP Jon Fitch, international sensation and sex icon Akiyama, and even the godfather of ground and pound Mark the hammer Coleman.

It had it all - crazy spectacle, crossover appeal, legitimate GOAT of the sport involvement, compelling stylistic clashes like wrestler vs jiu jitsu, striker vs grappler. UFC100 had multiple very intriguing storylines and compelling characters. UFC200 was along similar lines with the return of Lesnar and the inclusion of DC vs Anderson and GOAT Aldo. Not as amazing as 100, but along the same lines.

I can't see how UFC300 can come even close. Conor will be there, but then what? the two division champ potentials have all recently been tapped out, there aren't any big crossover stars or hyped contenders waiting in the wings and there aren't any interesting style clashes.

They could certainly make a great card with multiple divisions' belts on the line, but it can't possibly be the spectacle that ufc 100 was. In fact, if conor is on the card, he'll certainly be the main event, and then they'll have to have at least one legitimate title fight on the card. They can't give Conor a title shot off of nothing.

I'm actually worried they're gonna look to work the crossover angle to shore up the card, by bringing in one or both of the Logan brothers, and/or by signing Nate Diaz Vs. Deontay Wilder or some bullshit.

Well, UFC 300 will take place in april I think. That leaves open the idea of seing the Makhachev vs Oliveira or, Islam vs Leon/colby for the welterweight title. I also think that Adesanaya may come back for that event. I also think we may have Blanchfield vs Grasso... if you add on top of that a lot of names and fun matchup + McGregor, I think it's good enough.

I dunno man... Oliveira vs Islam is good, even if it is a rematch and we can be pretty sure we know who's gonna win. Leon Colby is fine, but hardly scintilating. Adesanya has really lost some lustre lately; the return of a guy who's got a style that isn't the most fan-friendly and who has been beaten twice in recent fights isn't going to be that big of a deal.

This is all fine, but it does not carry the huge event energy we might expect for a UFC 300. I'm not sure what they're gonna do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pull some sort of bullshit spectacle out of their asses because they don't have much to work with otherwise.

Hopefully not, it would be great if they focused on legitimate fights and compelling matchups for the sport for UFC300, but that's unlikely. They'll find some sort of dog and pony show to spectacle it up.

Back