Rumored Helwani: “The plan is for Leon Edwards to defend his title at UFC 300. As of now, the opponent slated to face him would be Belal Muhammad.”

I'm cool with it as long as it isn't the main event. It's time Belal got his shot so let's get it over with to clear the path for the great Khan Shavkat.

they should just do Leon vs. Connor 170 lb title. most winnable championship fight for Connor, you know Leon would stand. if Connnor loses, doesn't hurt him at all, Leon's the champ. Then you can give Connor a presumed layup with a Belal match, assuming Conor wins.

Belal even co-maining UFC 300 can’t make that up
So just throw achievements and records out of it all. Go full WWE, or at least pretend to be legit sometimes?

At a pre-fight news conference Thursday, White announced the winner of the UFC 288 co-main event between Gilbert Burns and Belal Muhammad will be next in line for a welterweight title shot. “One hundred percent … yes, the guy who wins this fight will get the next shot (after Covington),” White said.May 4, 2023

What you see right there is as strong a verbal contract as possible. “The winner is next”.

What don’t some people understand?

Helwani is pushing the narrative of Edwards' management
This is the fight they want
There is no way the UFC puts snoozers to headline 300
UFC 200 sucked. And Helwani never said they are headlining.

No way will Dana allow this bore of a matchup to main event.
They might. Everyone already knows the fight is a snoozer between 2 guys that nobody cares about. Their options are to either make a bigger fight to put above it, to put it on a free card, or to put it on a card like 300 that people are already going to buy anyway, and try to stack the undercard to cover for a weak main event.

Ufc 300 just lost 400k buys if this is true

Wow that was nothing to announce to us fans and I dont care if somones booked to fight 7 months away let me know a few months before at the most ufc 300 was supposed to be good.. leon vs belal 2 is gonna suck and not worth losing 100 bucks they better put omalley and costa khamzat on that card

Ugh. It should be Shavkat. That would actually make this fight interesting.

As is, I hope Leon wins. We don't need the division held up for 6-8 months with an immediate rematch, should Belal win. Leon wins, then Shavkat is next. Hopefully.

they should just do Leon vs. Connor 170 lb title. most winnable championship fight for Connor, you know Leon would stand. if Connnor loses, doesn't hurt him at all, Leon's the champ. Then you can give Connor a presumed layup with a Belal match, assuming Conor wins.

Presumed layup with Belal lol, Belal would beat Conor at this point in a 5 rounder. Probably even finish him given Conor's awful gas tank, he'd quit halfway through.

Presumed layup with Belal lol, Belal would beat Conor at this point in a 5 rounder. Probably even finish him given Conor's awful gas tank, he'd quit halfway through.
theyd both beat him, i meant to say that conor would have the best chance at beating belal over a shavkat type. it's all hearsay and bullshit, 100%. conor beats none of them but this is what I would do if I was the UFC. Better chance of being Leon over islam.

For Eire

Now that we know Conor McGregor isn’t headlining UFC 300, is this all we have left??
This can’t be the Main Event of UFC 300 right…
<{hughesimpress}>
Would you have believed me if I told you a Belal Muhammad title shot would possibly headline UFC 300??

For how much this card has been hyped, this better be the Prelims Main Event

It doesn't say main event in that tweet though sir, it just says defending.

It has to happen, whether we like it or not. Also, I am not convinced that belal will be a walk in the park for Leon. It might be boring, but I think it will be fairly competitive.

Happy New Year sir.

LMFAO. All this hype and we get Belal Muhammad on the main event.

Back