PBP UFC 298: Volkanovski vs. Topuria Main Card PBP Discussion: Sat 2/17 at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the islam high kick was too much, the return was too much. i dont think volk ever gets it back now. it's all over.
There were a lot of things working against volk here, but he made his bed so now he has to lay in it, and I say that as a huge volk fan. That right hand was perfect and Ilia did a good job to extend his combo and find that shot. Props to the new champ.

I don't know what is next for Volk, but hopefully he takes some real time off for once before deciding what to do.

Now Top Gun will become a duck, sit out and talk about boxing and Super Fights
As is custom when winning the belt

There were a lot of things working against volk here, but he made his bed so now he has to lay in it, and I say that as a huge volk fan. That right hand was perfect and Ilia did a good job to extend his combo and find that shot. Props to the new champ.

I don't know what is next for Volk, but hopefully he takes some real time off for once before deciding what to do.
after you get system restarted like that, twice in less than a year, you need to take a massive break. hopefully he does just that.

lol… but but, Yair finished him in 2 rounds!!?!??
13 of Ilia's 15 wins have been finishes. Josh is lucky to not get finished but he caught a 50-42 beatdown. Conversely, Bryce Mitchell and Ryan Hall were like 25-1 when they fought Ilia and had never been finished until they fought Ilia. With this Volk win now people can't say he hasn't fought anyone good.

That was big for Volk's legacy unfortunately. He really needed that win. Unfortunately, the stats don't favor guys in their late 30s fighting guys in their 20s.

Volk is still an all time great FW but he could have been THE all time great FW if he won that fight.
Legacy? He’s already been champion. These losses don’t erase his other wins or belts. Jesus

Back