UFC 288: Sterling vs. Cejudo, May 6, New Jersey

You guys still like Jandiroba? Marina looks weight class bigger. Don't see how Jandiroba wins this unless she gets quick TD and first round sub.

FvZDV4eaMAAAs0I

We’ve seen Henry get finished by a 5’2 manlet. I’m wondering if Sterling by TKO +800 is worth a shot. Perhaps a knee to the solar plexus? Or a spinning backfist to the equilibrium?
By the goat manlet*

Has Aljo knocked anyone down ever? +800 is juicy though.

We’ve seen Henry get finished by a 5’2 manlet. I’m wondering if Sterling by TKO +800 is worth a shot. Perhaps a knee to the solar plexus? Or a spinning backfist to the equilibrium?

Weve seen sterling get finished by a 5”2 manlet in moraes too

By the goat manlet*

Sterling and Belal are #1 and #2 in the UFC for landing the most strikes without ever knocking anyone down.

Maybe Belal is #1 in that stat, but both share the top two spots.

By the goat manlet*

Aljo game plan for this fight is to keep it standing. Use his length and spam body kicks. Henry has a weak body. A well placed liver shot would drop anyone down to the ground. In theory, a hard punch, kick, or knee can rupture the liver and cause internal bleeding.

Liver shots cause blood pressure and heart rate to dramatically drop and the entire body goes into a survival mode. To maintain a blood flow to the brain and survive, the body would force itself into a horizontal position, which is the reason why fighters collapse. A perfectly placed liver shot, in some instances, can even cause death. Although it is uncommon, there has been reports of documented deaths relating to excessive internal bleeding in the liver
I think we're all familiar with how a liver shot works. What you're getting some push back on is Sterling somehow having a killer liver kick and Cejudo having a "weak body". I think you're trying to talk yourself into your bet. If it hits, it hits, but nothing we've seen from either guy makes a Sterling ko a likely outcome, thus +800.

I think we're all familiar with how a liver shot works. What you're getting some push back on is Sterling somehow having a killer liver kick and Cejudo having a "weak body". I think you're trying to talk yourself into your bet. If it hits, it hits, but nothing we've seen from either guy makes a Sterling ko a likely outcome, thus +800.

You’re underestimating the power of the liver shot. All it takes is one to close the show. You don’t need much force behind it either. A good liver shot shuts down your body and there's no levels of toughness that can save you. The solar plexus is another lethal spot. Of course, you have to be a little more precise, because the solar plexus is a little smaller region, above it is the sternum, and below it are the abs (which you can contract to absorb some of the bodyshot) - although both of those regions can still do some damage. I think the punches to the liver needs to be very precise (more technical) compared to a kick. The weight of the leg makes the kick more damaging imo

Aljo game plan for this fight is to keep it standing. Use his length and spam body kicks. Henry has a weak body. A well placed liver shot would drop anyone down to the ground. In theory, a hard punch, kick, or knee can rupture the liver and cause internal bleeding.

When has anyone every dropped Cejudo to the body besides Mighty Mouse? And well Sterling ain’t Mighty Mouse.

50% of Cejudo’s losses are due to TKO/KO (statistically speaking) that’s not bad for +800

You’re a literal troll. Another way of saying this would be 1 of Cejudo’s career 18 fights have ended by him being TKO’d/KO’d. And once again Sterling ain’t Mighty Mouse. Still interested on this “Cejudo has a weak body” narrative you have.

50% of Cejudo’s losses are due to TKO/KO (statistically speaking) that’s not bad for +800

You’re a literal troll. Another way of saying this would be 1 of Cejudo’s career 18 fights have ended by him being TKO’d/KO’d. And once again Sterling ain’t Mighty Mouse. Still interested on this “Cejudo has a weak body” narrative you have.

That’s the narrative I’m going with, we’ll see what happens. Everyone sees things differently. But like I said earlier, it doesn’t matter if Henry is tough. Liver shots end fights regardless of durability. You saw recently in boxing. Also liver shots are classified as “KO” , not TKO. Ask yourself why?

Yeah like in 2017? It was a fluke knockout. Marlon didn’t intend to do that, it was accidental
Dude just no. Sterling ain't gonna get a TKO finish, the price is actually pretty shit for it considering its likelihood

That’s the narrative I’m going with, we’ll see what happens. Everyone sees things differently. But like I said earlier, it doesn’t matter if Henry is tough. Liver shots end fights regardless of durability. You saw recently in boxing. Also liver shots are classified as “KO” , not TKO. Ask yourself why?
Your narrative is basically that Cejudo got finished by some 'random' short guy, and a longwinded explanation about the liver which can basically be summarised with 'human body can get hurt', which obviously means Sterling is going to do the same. It's a bit of a stretch, to say the least.

Again a card I might as well go 0-6 (Or 1-5 because Movsar aint losing for sure) so I'll try to predict these six top fights.

-I like Cejudo to win and favor him quite heavily despite the layoff. It's easy to shrug off but a lot of weird things have happened with Sterling how we ended up to this point. Maybe for once and for all Aljo proves me wrong but before I see him take a title fight win without before mentioned weirdness I'll continue to fade the guy. I think he clearly beat Yan in the rematch for the record but that fight played out weirdly as well with Yan taking the first round off and then trailing behind with all the backpacking (the one thing Aljo is absolute master at -Dont see him pulling it off with a super seasoned grappler/wrestler though).

-I think Burns is bad matchup for Belal unless he gasses out like crazy. Once scenario I could see playing out is Burns hurting Belal on the feet, being unable to finish the fight off and then getting beaten up by the cardio monster. Aside from big swings off momentum I think Burns is actually the minute winner here as he will land the bigger shots and sis super hard to ground and lay on. So it means in a normal setting Belal should be able to outpoint Burns on the feet? Doesn't seem likely to me. So I'll take Burns.

-Xionan is super fast for the weigh class. She might get better off Andrade on the feet. Does Jessica get her down. Maybe? Not a fight I'm confident on but I take Andrade by split decision.

-I researched Lopez for his DWCS fight and I thought he had potential but he is clearly out of his depth here. If Brito outwrestles the guy so will Evolev. On the feet it's probably even more lopsided. I think Movsar gets the elusive finish with volume gnp.

-Who da fook knows about Kron Gracie. The guy is obviously super though and great on the ground but he barely fights. Either first round sub for him or he looks a bit old and sad as Jourdain just pieces him apart on feet. I'll take Kron as variety pick. Doesnt make much sense but somehow gets the sub.

-I never get Dober fights right because I dont know how to rate pure power. He either finds the chin or he doesn't. Again it doesn't make much sense to not knock out brawler in Frevola but I always want fade Dober as it's just unlikely he always finds the ko's even at this level. So the one moment he loses I dont want to be on the side that didn't pick his opponent. But I'll pick him here because Frevola likes to swing and has been knocked out multiple times before.

I saw a bet and liked it,

Performance of the night

Aliskerov/Hawes - NO @ 1.66

I don't think performance of the night bonus will go to these fight's competitors, pretty value I think. Cejudo sterling winner, drew dober probably, also we have sub possibilities like burns/Gracie.

What's your thoughts?

I saw a bet and liked it,

Performance of the night

Aliskerov/Hawes - NO @ 1.66

I don't think performance of the night bonus will go to these fight's competitors, pretty value I think. Cejudo sterling winner, drew dober probably, also we have sub possibilities like burns/Gracie.

What's your thoughts?

I think that's an amazing bet. What book is it from?

I think that's an amazing bet. What book is it from?
Can I write it down the bookie ?

Edit: the platform is cascade, known as 1xbet or other varieties like megapari betandyou Vs.

They don't serve in US as I know, for other countries ask me.

Last edited:
Back