UFC 288: Sterling vs. Cejudo, May 6, New Jersey

DabanggData

President
@Blue
Reaction score
UFC 288 PPV: Sterling vs. Cejudo, Saturday, May 6

Yan Xiaonan:

"Rose Namajunas always a name I want to fight, in my opinion, she is best female fighter in 115 division, so I always want to fight her. She is also a name we discussed for UFC 288 but what UFC said is she is maybe out for a while. I need to be active. I am fighting Jessica Andrade."

Aljamain Sterling 3.14961 inches taller and will have 3.54331 inch reach advantage, lives in New York, event is in Newark, New Jersey 56 miles away, 80 minute drive

Henry Cejudo 2 years, 11 months since last fight in May 2020

Saturday 05.06.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View
Prelims: ESPN

Venue: Prudential Center

UFC's 9th visit to Newark and first since UFC on ESPN: Covington vs. Lawler in August 3, 2019

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/ufc-fight-night-225-2777
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/97782-ufc-fight-night
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/71758

Fq58cYEaIAEO5Ny.jpg

UFC 288 PPV

Qemapxf.png

at 4:14 mark

Last edited:
Leaning:
Sterling(but I've always bet on Cejudo(including Mighty mouse X2 and Joe B) based on size and more active recently.
Beneil, I believe he has teh better ground game not nessasarily the better subs and I believe he's the cleaner striker but chin is still sketchy to me.
JSP if he's the dog. His takedown defense is really good so IF he can keep it standing, he can outstrike Mitchell.

Should Belal really be the underdog here? I’m thinking that people might be betting with their hearts here. Everyone loves Burns (me to), and people might not be the highest on Belal.

Burns might be able to get Belal down in round 1 with pure strength, but as the fight goes on I feel that Belal should be able to stuff takedowns. Burns throws heavy hands, but I don’t know, I think Belal should be able to win more minutes in between.

Also, I wasn’t too impressed by Burns in his last fight. I think he didn’t look as sharp as he usually does. Mas looked horrible and I expected Burns to be able to dominate him more. He did win very easy so it might just be him taking the safe route.
On the other hand I think that Belal looked really good against Brady with both striking and wrestling on point.

Last point, I do feel that 5 rounds favours Belal. He is more relying on technic while Burns is more relying on power (big takedowns and big swings).

@+121 I think Belal Money line is pretty solid bet.

Anyone else has any early leans?

i like Burns, Belal when forced to fight on the feet, looks unimpressive.

Luque out struck him and Brady was tagging him a lot for my liking.

Belal is the fresher fighter since Burns just fought, and Belal has momentum but i've seen too many scenarios of him on the back foot after eating a heavy shot.

Belal took this fight on 2 weeks notice and that's off the back of Ramadan where I doubt he was doing much intense training. The fight nearly never happened because he wanted it at 175. That should tell you something.

I agree that Burns didn't look great against Masvidal but Belal kinda sucks. His striking is dog shit and he won't grapplefuck Burns.

Anyone else think Jourdain should be a much bigger favourite? Kron has been out for 3 and half years and is nearly 35. He moved to a town in Montana with a population of 11,000 and opened an academy during covid. The level of MMA training out there must be abysmal. I think he is back for a quick payday.

Belal took this fight on 2 weeks notice and that's off the back of Ramadan where I doubt he was doing much intense training. The fight nearly never happened because he wanted it at 175. That should tell you something.

I agree that Burns didn't look great against Masvidal but Belal kinda sucks. His striking is dog shit and he won't grapplefuck Burns.

Anyone else think Jourdain should be a much bigger favourite? Kron has been out for 3 and half years and is nearly 35. He moved to a town in Montana with a population of 11,000 and opened an academy during covid. The level of MMA training out there must be abysmal. I think he is back for a quick payday.

yea kron is bad jourdain is a nice parlay piece. I like marina Rodriguez too -190
She should be able to simply outbox jandiroba

cejudo ko tko (rear straight)
khaos ko tko (standing tko)
ribeiro ko tko (overhand)

Ko artist of the week?

Dober
Kennedy
Kalinn
Claudio
Ikram
Hawes
Braxton
Porter
Santos
Andrade
Jourdain
Burns

Highest probability (without dropping the ball)

1.Kalinn
2.Dober
3.Claudio
4.Jourdain
5.Kennedy
6..Burns

Last edited:
Ko artist of the week?

Dober
Kennedy
Kalinn
Claudio
Ikram
Hawes
Braxton
Porter
Santos
Andrade
Arman

Highest probablity (without droping the ball)

1.Kalinn
2.Dober
3.Arman?(depends on opponent.)
4.Kennedy
5.Claudio
By Arman do you mean Tsarukyan, cause if so I don't think he's fighting

Dober should win handily here, Frevola is way too hittable and has been finished by lesser strikers than Dober. This is definitely a step back for him from the Bobby Green fight.

Gonna wait for some props to come out.

I expect Hawes by decision to be something absurd and look forward to betting it, although I definitely wouldn’t favor him.

Not much I like this card at first glance. A lot of guys I can’t trust. I’ll probably only have a few bets this time around.

No mention of Evloev/Mitchell yet, anyone expecting Mitchell to give Evloev trouble? The -275 seems like a bit of a reach and is probably driven by Topuria smashing Mitchell, is Evloev going to be able to do the same thing?

He looked legit against Ige but there’s not as much of a takedown threat there.

Should be a great fight, I’m glad they didn’t leave it on the prelims so they could put Parker Porter on the main card of a PPV (again).

Edit: Speaking of Porter, I’ll take a shot on Braxton Smith at (+150) against him given that he got flatlined by Tafa less than three months ago

No mention of Evloev/Mitchell yet, anyone expecting Mitchell to give Evloev trouble? The -275 seems like a bit of a reach and is probably driven by Topuria smashing Mitchell, is Evloev going to be able to do the same thing?

Should be a great fight, I’m glad they didn’t leave it on the prelims so they could put Parker Porter on the main card of a PPV (again).

Edit: Speaking of Porter, I’ll take a shot on Braxton Smith at (+150) against him given that he got flatlined by Tafa less than three months ago
Definitely wide line on mitchell

Fuck yeah I'm in.

Back