UFC 288: Sterling vs. Cejudo, May 6, New Jersey

I don't think that matters, I think the question here is can Ikram get Hawes down. Hawes should be the sharper striker.
Has Hawes faced a good grappler of Ikram's level before?

Is he a good wrestler or is he just fighting guys that aren't at his level?

He got tapped back in 2016. How much drill does he do for bjj submission escapes?

I just started watching it from where it was timestamped from and didn't research the guy he was fighting. I didn't think the kid looked that bad. Khaos should win, but would I put money on him at -320? Hell no.
He's going to look like a -800 fighter. -320 is a gift for parlay betting.

Montel/Rani replica.

Has Hawes faced a good grappler of Ikram's level before?

Is he a good wrestler or is he just fighting guys that aren't at his level?

He got tapped back in 2016. How much drill does he do for bjj submission escapes?

Well he got tapped by Dolidze by the leg lock, but that might have gotten him to drill sub defence more. Was looking great against Curtis until he wasn't, managed to stall out Imavov.

Ikram didn't have an easy time with Burrell in the fight before the contender series either and Mario Sousa who made Ikram look great on the show just recently lost to a 43 year old.

Well he got tapped by Dolidze by the leg lock, but that might have gotten him to drill sub defence more. Was looking great against Curtis until he wasn't, managed to stall out Imavov.

Ikram didn't have an easy time with Burrell in the fight before the contender series either and Mario Sousa who made Ikram look great on the show just recently lost to a 43 year old.
well he didn't tap but got compromised.

Ikram has terrible power when it comes to striking. Hawes has him there, i do see Ikram just cage stalling him and dragging him to the floor for brief moments against the cage. Will Ikram shoot a double and sweep Hawes? maybe not, but i see his cage grappling being far superior. He has a lot of the same grappling techniques that Khabib uses. Hawes is also 34 4+ years older, age will start to rear its ugly head soon.

well he didn't tap but got compromised.

Ikram has terrible power when it comes to striking. Hawes has him there, i do see Ikram just cage stalling him and dragging him to the floor for brief moments against the cage. Will Ikram shoot a double and sweep Hawes? maybe not, but i see his cage grappling being far superior. He has a lot of the same grappling techniques that Khabib uses. Hawes is also 34 4+ years older, age will start to rear its ugly head soon.

I think it might be a bit similar to the Burrell fight but with Hawes being a bit stronger and more athletic than Burrell and able to break away more. I see it as 50/50 so tempted to play the dog in that scenario.

The Under 2.5 for the Lopez/Evloev just came put on my site at -125...

Is there a world where Evloev doesn't get this done inside two rounds? Still waiting on more props for this one also

*I realize Evloev has been a DEC machine in the UFC but in M1 he was finishing guys left and right

Is there a world where Evloev doesn't get this done inside two rounds? Still waiting on more props for this one also

*I realize Evloev has been a DEC machine in the UFC but in M1 he was finishing guys left and right
Keep in mind he might play it safe since he's fighting a late replacement.

Also, most of his finishes came at 135 against shitty guys, didn't they? Personally I wouldn't pay that price for the under, if it were at plus odds (like the Zhalgas fight) I'd change my tune.

Keep in mind he might play it safe since he's fighting a late replacement.

Also, most of his finishes came at 135 against shitty guys, didn't they? Personally I wouldn't pay that price for the under, if it were at plus odds (like the Zhalgas fight) I'd change my tune.

They were at Bantmem weight but the last one was in 2018 so he has had plenty of time to grow into his FW frame since then.

Some of the names he finished are respectable like Sergey Morozov who is 3-2 in the UFC right now.

Just seems like Evloev is so much better everywhere then you add in the weeks notice for Lopez and well...

Lopez did have some canceled fights at the end of April so I'm sure he's been training but still.

Many of his finishes came on the ground from what I remember. Lopes isn’t great, but he’s got very high level BJJ.

I've spent more time thinking about the 2 main fights than I probably should.

Burns is my guy, but I just can't shake my thoughts on Belal pushing a hard pace and wearing Gil down over the course of the fight. A strong wrestler with good cardio who can push a pace is usually a recipe for success. If Gil doesn't hit Belal with a kill shot I'm not sure what his path to victory is. Can he take Belal down? Given the odds I think I might have to pay to find out.

Is Aljo now overrated? Last 3 fights - the infamous Yan DQ where Aljo didn't look ready for the moment. Followed by a controversial decision that many, including myself, thought he lost. Then he breaks down a hobbled TJ. And now he's pick 'em vs CCC? Jon Jones just showed us that a long layoff doesn't matter if you prepare for your return properly. A 2-division UFC champ and Olympic gold medalist probably doesn't need to be shown how to prepare for a comeback. If Henry's grappling presumably matches up with Aljo's, who do I trust in a striking match? Certainly Henry.

Anyway just adding my 2 cents to the convo. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Many of his finishes came on the ground from what I remember. Lopes isn’t great, but he’s got very high level BJJ.

Lopes was effortlessly taken down by Brito in the opening seconds of the fight and controlled for large parts of that fight minus some sub attempts that Evloev would have no problem with.

Evloev has great standup and could end it early that way but I think he takes the back and sinks in the RNC in Rd1 still waiting for odds on that from my site as well.

Total missmatch #124 in the world vs #7 in a stacked division with the lesser ranked fighter having all the disadvantages...

Is Aljo now overrated? Last 3 fights - the infamous Yan DQ where Aljo didn't look ready for the moment. Followed by a controversial decision that many, including myself, thought he lost. Then he breaks down a hobbled TJ. And now he's pick 'em vs CCC? Jon Jones just showed us that a long layoff doesn't matter if you prepare for your return properly. A 2-division UFC champ and Olympic gold medalist probably doesn't need to be shown how to prepare for a comeback. If Henry's grappling presumably matches up with Aljo's, who do I trust in a striking match? Certainly Henry.

Anyway just adding my 2 cents to the convo. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

I can feel that we can sort of say the same thing about CCC. He got a controversial decision that many thought he lost against DJ, then he breaks down a near death TJ and won against Dominick Cruz that was way past his prime.

I guess on paper CCC is the better fighter. His striking is much more polished and fluid and he's probably faster. But Aljo has been more active, is bigger, stronger and has a 6" reach advantage. We also don't know how much the time off and age will affect Cejudo.

In the end I feel like the odds kinda make sense. I'll just pass on this one. But I'm looking to livebet CCC if Sterling can't get the fight to the ground and backpack him on the first rounds.

Either way, good luck! I will be rooting for Cejudo.

I have Braxton,Khaos,Dober,Evloev as highest candidates to win by rnd 1.

I feel like Holmes has a good chance of controlling riberio/ subbing him. but he also lost to Jamie Pickett so that’s concerning.

jandiroba is also a ground technician and Rodriguez seems to lose or draws to anyone who attempts a takedown on her. I like her via sub or Dec

sterlings gonna make it look easy vs triple cringe imo.

dober and andrade are both gonna get finishes.

I feel like Holmes has a good chance of controlling riberio/ subbing him. but he also lost to Jamie Pickett so that’s concerning.

jandiroba is also a ground technician and Rodriguez seems to lose or draws to anyone who attempts a takedown on her. I like her via sub or Dec

sterlings gonna make it look easy vs triple cringe imo.

dober and andrade are both gonna get finishes.

Re: Holmes. He missed weight so that's a hard pass for me.
I agree on Dober.

I'd be surprised if Sterling just flat out dominates CCC based on Cejudos wrestling and distance management.

Lopes was effortlessly taken down by Brito in the opening seconds of the fight and controlled for large parts of that fight minus some sub attempts that Evloev would have no problem with.

Evloev has great standup and could end it early that way but I think he takes the back and sinks in the RNC in Rd1 still waiting for odds on that from my site as well.

Total missmatch #124 in the world vs #7 in a stacked division with the lesser ranked fighter having all the disadvantages...

Evloev cNt finish a sandwich ….. had a close fight with Grundy for fuck sakes … zero finishes overall in the ufc

Evloev cNt finish a sandwich ….. had a close fight with Grundy for fuck sakes … zero finishes overall in the ufc

That was three years ago, Evloev has been making massive improvements and Mike Grundy is considerably better then Lopez never mind the short notice.

Come on now look at their physiques, It's not a max bet or anything for me but will be a play forsure

diego-lopes-ufc-288-official-weigh-ins.jpg movsar-evloev-ufc-288-official-weigh-ins.jpg

We’ve seen Henry get finished by a 5’2 manlet. I’m wondering if Sterling by TKO +800 is worth a shot. Perhaps a knee to the solar plexus? Or a spinning backfist to the equilibrium?

Back