UFC 224 Nunes vs Pennington only 85,000PPV Buys

It was a very competitive weekend for combat sport viewers..if you consider this..85 to 120k makes sense
It was the compitition outside the event that was the problem a -1000 challenger and no comain, and not even fight night level of interesting matches.

It was the compitition outside the event that was the problem a -1000 challenger and no comain, and not even fight night level of interesting matches.

Thats what im saying...lots of other events to watch instead if it was booked on another weekend less busy comp wise it would do better numbers..but 85 to me still sounds low..but i cant see more then 120k

2018 and people boycotted this event Because two homosexuals headlined it. That is fucking disgraceful. People should be ashamed of themselves.

Irrelevant. Most fans wouldn't care about the previous fight or whether she has come to terms with her losses or not. The people who still are crying about her are not the people who buy PPV's.
How many times does she have to prove you wrong regarding her star power?

Honda could fight an invisible opponent and still sell around a million PPV's.
She HAD star power. She's lost it. She's found it again in WWE, but her MMA star days are over. No one would buy another Ronda PPV after the last one was so bad.

Not sure why you think otherwise.

Was a trash card. I didn’t even check the results first thing when I got up Sunday.

When a preliminary card fighter ... fights on the UFC PPV main event...

who fooking gave "Rocky" the title shot needs to be fired.... most undeserving title shot....in UFC HISTORY !!!!!

probably was some moron in marketing... "2 gay fighters headlining a PPV ... once in a life time "...

Well, Pennington beat Miesha Tate in her last fight, and Tate had just recently lost her title to Nunes. Raquel getting a title shot wasn' insane, IMO.

Pennington's injury screwed everything up. She was out for so long, that everyone forgot she existed! :D

She HAD star power. She's lost it. She's found it again in WWE, but her MMA star days are over. No one would buy another Ronda PPV after the last one was so bad.

Not sure why you think otherwise.

She's too big of a name to lose her star power just like that. And you're just repeating what everybody on here said after her loss to Holm, before the Nunes fight and then before her WWE debut.

It's wishful thinking. Not reality.

WMMA is a disgrace to MMA.

UFC needs to stop pushing these crap divisions...the talent isn't there, maybe one day they will be worthy....At best they should be in the undercard of a PPV, but should never headline....and by undercard, I mean the first fight on PPV

Only Cyborg has the star power/entertainment factor to headline PPVs or Co-Headline.

Gastelum vs Jacare was the only fight i had an interest in.. and even then imo it wasn't a no one contender fight or anything..

Just a fight between 2 good MWs

Nobody wants to see old Vitor and Machida off the sauce.. but even then it was still the second most interesting fight on the card lol!

Nunes vs Cyborg or Holm is interesting.. Pennington? Who the fuck cares

What was the other fight? Some unproven fat women with BJJ skills (who lost her last fight imo) fighting a can.. and she even missed weight by almost 10 lbs how professional...

I live in the UK so its free.. but no way am i waking up at 3-4am to watch that garbage.. i feel sorry for the US guys who have to pay 60$

Colby/RDA should have headlined this.. and even then the card only goes from garbage to average

When you go up against the #1 MMA promotion in the world (bellator) this is what happens.

stay in your lane and know your role

I'm glad you added the parenthesis there LOL

<36>

The geniuses at WME deliver another card for the ages.

Cyborg's twitter page as a source?

<36>

Dave Meltzer is the only reputable source for ppv numbers and he doesn't announce them this early.

Shouldn’t have been that many for that sheet card

225 & 226 should make up for it

With Nunes, Gastelum, Souza, Lineker, Machida and Belfort on the card - they definitely should have sold a lot more if 85K is accurate (which I doubt).

Guys, it doesn't fuckng matter if the card ends up being good.

People don't usually buy something that 'might be' good.

People buy something that looks good or appeals to them. Dana can spout this crap all he likes - yes, quite often cards like 224 end up being pretty damn good. But good luck getting people to even consider buying them.

who fooking gave "Rocky" the title shot needs to be fired.... most undeserving title shot....in UFC HISTORY !!!!!

probably was some moron in marketing... "2 gay fighters headlining a PPV ... once in a life time "...
Bethe was worse

PPV’s are an antiquated format. Numbers like this will continue. Streaming is becoming too popular, too reliable and too easy.

Back