UFC 224 Nunes vs Pennington only 85,000PPV Buys

Ronda vs Nunes 2 would do a million.
Doubtful.

She was outclassed and looked ridiculous in the first fight. She admits she still hasn't come to terms with either of her losses. Most fans wouldn't be interested in a rematch, and Ronda probably still has nightmares about the beat she took, with the words "head movement" being repeated over and over as she gets punched in the face

Nunes vs Pennington is an ok fight to make.. just not the main event

Shame, the card was quite good, way better than many "stacked" cards.

Scrap wmma for starters, only hipsters pretend to enjoy it.

I don't trust the accuracy of any "news" that comes from whoever it is that does Cyborg's social media postings. There is quite a history of false "news" from that source.

Plus Meltzer said there is no number yet

The report comes from the same guy that said UFC was signed to NBC/ESPN & were doing split rosters - 0/3
The number might be about that, but there are no real numbers yet

I'm a WMMA fan but most people don't want it rammed in their faces and out of all the WMMA fighters, real talk Nunes is one of the most obnoxious, not even the Brazilians like her.

Plus Meltzer said there is no number yet

The report comes from the same guy that said UFC was signed to NBC/ESPN & were doing split rosters - 0/3
The number might be about that, but there are no real numbers yet

Yeah, it's way too early, only been 4 days? I think usually take at least a week or two to get more accurate numbers.

That said, it is almost certain to have come in under 100k, which was what Nunes got on her last PPV, UFC 215 against Shevchenko who is more talented and hotter than Pennington.

So you don't think that Pennington being on a four fight win streak, the most recent win of which was over former bantamweight champion Miesha Tate, had any relevance for Rocky deserving a title shot?

It had some relevance....but it's almost been 2 years since that fight

Doubtful.

She was outclassed and looked ridiculous in the first fight. She admits she still hasn't come to terms with either of her losses. Most fans wouldn't be interested in a rematch, and Ronda probably still has nightmares about the beat she took, with the words "head movement" being repeated over and over as she gets punched in the face

Irrelevant. Most fans wouldn't care about the previous fight or whether she has come to terms with her losses or not. The people who still are crying about her are not the people who buy PPV's.
How many times does she have to prove you wrong regarding her star power?

Honda could fight an invisible opponent and still sell around a million PPV's.

Too early for the real numbers, but when you have a bunch of fight pass women on a PPV, obviously most of us with brains won't be paying for that garbage. Hell I didn't even fucking stream this one it looked so bad.

UFC can do what it wants but I voted a big "No" with my dollars. WMMA for the main event and the second from last fight. No thanks. No thanks at all. Man do I wish WMMA within the UFC would go away.

Just read they only reporting 85,000 buys for UFC 224, which is worst buyrate in 10yrs!
Not surprising, but I thought the the card well surpassed my expectations
Source:

It was a very competitive weekend for combat sport viewers..if you consider this..85 to 120k makes sense

Just read they only reporting 85,000 buys for UFC 224, which is worst buyrate in 10yrs!
Source:

#fakenews

P.s. Cyborgs social media is bs 95% of the time.

When a preliminary card fighter ... fights on the UFC PPV main event...

who fooking gave "Rocky" the title shot needs to be fired.... most undeserving title shot....in UFC HISTORY !!!!!

probably was some moron in marketing... "2 gay fighters headlining a PPV ... once in a life time "...

She had a win streak i believe, but the fight should had been co-main of a more legit title matchup, it wasnt PPV worthy imo.

Source:

Who the fuck is Terez Owens? That's the source of this super credible news story. No surprise that Cyborg's site is reporting it lol.

Although the buy rate doesn't seem far off from expectations.

Back