UFC 224 Nunes vs Pennington only 85,000PPV Buys

UFC is dying, confirmed.

A card that looked awful did poorly in the ratings!?
source.gif

Irrelevant. Most fans wouldn't care about the previous fight or whether she has come to terms with her losses or not. The people who still are crying about her are not the people who buy PPV's.
How many times does she have to prove you wrong regarding her star power?

Honda could fight an invisible opponent and still sell around a million PPV's.

The myth is over! People bought Nunas fight to see if she still had it. She doesn't! The casuals have moved on. WWE numbers apparently have not been improved by Ronda at all. She is no longer the star she once was

She's too big of a name to lose her star power just like that. And you're just repeating what everybody on here said after her loss to Holm, before the Nunes fight and then before her WWE debut.

It's wishful thinking. Not reality.
The Nunes fight got big numbers for the same reason Anderson got big numbers after his first ufc loss. If you can't tell that the casuals don't care anymore the you are delusional

Fuck all 85,000 people who bought this shit. It is your fault that cards are so watered down and shitty.

I'm glad that it was under 100k but the only way to get a message to them to stop selling watered down cards is to stop paying for shit cards.

I'm thinking you are right. 85K does seem too low. UFC 215 Nunes v Shevchenko II got 100,000 buys so 95k sounds more reasonable.

Also UFC 215 was during Hurricane Irma that had the entire state of Florida in evacuation mode. In fact i think Irma hit that same day.

The myth is over! People bought Nunas fight to see if she still had it. She doesn't! The casuals have moved on. WWE numbers apparently have not been improved by Ronda at all. She is no longer the star she once was

The Nunes fight got big numbers for the same reason Anderson got big numbers after his first ufc loss. If you can't tell that the casuals don't care anymore the you are delusional

So we're just making up shit now?

"WrestleMania 34' broke numerous WWE records, and all the numbers point to Ronda Rousey. "

"As documented by BusinessWire, the WWE has reported record-breaking numbers for WrestleMania 34. The celebrated event aired live on April 8, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, in New Orleans, Louisiana. The event attracted a live audience of 78,133, breaking the record for the highest-grossing entertainment event at the Superdome, bringing in $14.1 million."

"In addition, WWE Network viewership was up 12 percent from last year, with subscribers viewing 25.2 million hours during WrestleMania week (an average of 16 hours per subscriber). They also saw an increase of 27 percent with social media and digital viewership, with 13.9 million hours consumed during WrestleMania week. And while that is all impressive, it’s the next statement that’s the most striking."

"The mega-event garnered views of 2.12 million households worldwide on the WWE Network, and not even including pay-per-view buys outside of the network, those numbers make the event the most-watched WrestleMania in WWE history. That mind-blowing statement takes a bit to sink in."

"That means more people watched Ronda Rousey make her in-ring debut than The Rock and Hulk Hogan dream match, the three matches between Steve Austin and The Rock, both matches featuring John Cena and The Rock, Floyd “Money” Mayweather taking on The Big Show, the two epic matches with The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair’s retirement match, and so on."

"With over 50 million views, the day after ‘Mania was WWE’s most viewed day ever on YouTube. If you look at all the WrestleMania 34 highlight footage on the official YouTube channel for the WWE, the numbers speak for themselves; The Undertaker’s return against John Cena, Braun Strowman’s match, Daniel Bryan’s return, and the Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns match all have 7.1 million views combined. Ronda Rousey’s highlight reel surpassed them all with 9 million views."

"While some naysayers point to reports showing that she hasn’t boosted Raw ratings significantly, recent numbers indicate that this should change once she starts performing in the ring on a regular basis. The WWE has indicated several times that they believe the former UFC champion will be a major game-changer for the company, and if her future resembles the success she had at WrestleMania, it looks like “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey could surpass their high expectations."

https://www.inquisitr.com/4887860/w...ing-ronda-rousey-had-record-breaking-numbers/

Clearly not the star she once was. <36>

You're welcome.

<21>

WMMA is why my friends and I stopped buying PPVs or were even willing to go to the bar to watch. Ronda always sucked, could never understand how anyone thought any different; it was obvious her striking was boxercise level, as it quickly proved to be.

The UFC is no longer even trying to be a legitimate sporting organization and WMMA is a big part of that failure.

While Ronda was a big short term success, in the long run I think her hype train has done more harm than good to the UFC. People were told she could beat Floyd Mayweather, half the male bantamweights, NFL players etc and all other kinds of absurd bullshit. So to see her get the crap beaten out her by other 135lb woman must have been a real eye opener for some people. It exposes how clueless and gullible they are and makes them feel like they were lied to and taken for a ride. People don't like this and will turn away.

So now the UFC is stuck with WMMA which they will be scared to get rid of because of the inevitable backlash this would cause in today's political climate and they are never going to manufacture another Ronda because people aren't going to fall for their bullshit again.

Of course there are still a few WMMA fans who try and convince us that it's high level stuff and that the only reason we don't like it is because we are sexist. But these people are clearly in a minority. Every MMA fan I know in the real world thinks WMMA sucks, doesn't want to see it and it's a major factor in them watching less and less. It's only on sherdog do I encounter legions of die hard WMMA fans lol.

So we're just making up shit now?

"WrestleMania 34' broke numerous WWE records, and all the numbers point to Ronda Rousey. "

"As documented by BusinessWire, the WWE has reported record-breaking numbers for WrestleMania 34. The celebrated event aired live on April 8, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, in New Orleans, Louisiana. The event attracted a live audience of 78,133, breaking the record for the highest-grossing entertainment event at the Superdome, bringing in $14.1 million."

"In addition, WWE Network viewership was up 12 percent from last year, with subscribers viewing 25.2 million hours during WrestleMania week (an average of 16 hours per subscriber). They also saw an increase of 27 percent with social media and digital viewership, with 13.9 million hours consumed during WrestleMania week. And while that is all impressive, it’s the next statement that’s the most striking."

"The mega-event garnered views of 2.12 million households worldwide on the WWE Network, and not even including pay-per-view buys outside of the network, those numbers make the event the most-watched WrestleMania in WWE history. That mind-blowing statement takes a bit to sink in."

"That means more people watched Ronda Rousey make her in-ring debut than The Rock and Hulk Hogan dream match, the three matches between Steve Austin and The Rock, both matches featuring John Cena and The Rock, Floyd “Money” Mayweather taking on The Big Show, the two epic matches with The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair’s retirement match, and so on."

"With over 50 million views, the day after ‘Mania was WWE’s most viewed day ever on YouTube. If you look at all the WrestleMania 34 highlight footage on the official YouTube channel for the WWE, the numbers speak for themselves; The Undertaker’s return against John Cena, Braun Strowman’s match, Daniel Bryan’s return, and the Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns match all have 7.1 million views combined. Ronda Rousey’s highlight reel surpassed them all with 9 million views."

"While some naysayers point to reports showing that she hasn’t boosted Raw ratings significantly, recent numbers indicate that this should change once she starts performing in the ring on a regular basis. The WWE has indicated several times that they believe the former UFC champion will be a major game-changer for the company, and if her future resembles the success she had at WrestleMania, it looks like “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey could surpass their high expectations."

https://www.inquisitr.com/4887860/w...ing-ronda-rousey-had-record-breaking-numbers/

Clearly not the star she once was. <36>

You're welcome.

<21>
Ronda "once ever athlete" Rousey overhyped and overrated in a fake sport is just fine as long as I never have to hear about her overhyped and overrated ass competing in a real sport ever again.

Ronda "once ever athlete" Rousey overhyped and overrated in a fake sport is just fine as long as I never have to hear about her overhyped and overrated ass competing in a real sport ever again.

Sure. I can tell.

<21>

Well duh lol... I didnt even bother to go watch and I go for eveyone

Not surprising. Pennington looks like a female Roy Nelson without the personality. Unfortunate in that Nunes is very good.

Keep shoving this down our throats and then more and more people will puke. I am all puked out and stopped buying PPVs altogether.

Just Something different in the bantamweight division...would be nice for Joanna (rather than chase a lost cause in rose) move up 25 pounds and challenge nunes or have van zant be brave and take up the challenge.

Both would most definately get smashed but u still get people tuning in.

Holly ain't gonna get the next shot so why not??

While Ronda was a big short term success, in the long run I think her hype train has done more harm than good to the UFC. People were told she could beat Floyd Mayweather, half the male bantamweights, NFL players etc and all other kinds of absurd bullshit. So to see her get the crap beaten out her by other 135lb woman must have been a real eye opener for some people. It exposes how clueless and gullible they are and makes them feel like they were lied to and taken for a ride. People don't like this and will turn away.

So now the UFC is stuck with WMMA which they will be scared to get rid of because of the inevitable backlash this would cause in today's political climate and they are never going to manufacture another Ronda because people aren't going to fall for their bullshit again.

Of course there are still a few WMMA fans who try and convince us that it's high level stuff and that the only reason we don't like it is because we are sexist. But these people are clearly in a minority. Every MMA fan I know in the real world thinks WMMA sucks, doesn't want to see it and it's a major factor in them watching less and less. It's only on sherdog do I encounter legions of die hard WMMA fans lol.

I wish they would send all the females to invictica

Back