UFC 224 Nunes vs Pennington only 85,000PPV Buys

So you don't think that Pennington being on a four fight win streak, the most recent win of which was over former bantamweight champion Miesha Tate, had any relevance for Rocky deserving a title shot?

A four fight winning streak that she got going on 2 years ago.

Couple the fact that Bethe and a strawweight made up 2 of the 4. The other 2 were Meisha and Phillips who is a total scrub.

She got a single top 10 win, sat out for almost 2 years then got a title shot.

She's too big of a name to lose her star power just like that. And you're just repeating what everybody on here said after her loss to Holm, before the Nunes fight and then before her WWE debut.

It's wishful thinking. Not reality.
I knew the Nunes fight would be huge. But after getting mauled in the first round and not even showing a single effective thing before the ref jumped in and saved her? How many of those million PPV buyers want to pay for that again? Maybe half?

The WMMA fad is over. Actually, there never was a fad. It was just Ronda.

You fucked up, Dana.

When a preliminary card fighter ... fights on the UFC PPV main event...

who fooking gave "Rocky" the title shot needs to be fired.... most undeserving title shot....in UFC HISTORY !!!!!

probably was some moron in marketing... "2 gay fighters headlining a PPV ... once in a life time "...

You should really look up the history of UFC title shots before you believe you're own BS. What a moronic statement when fighters have gotten title shots coming off losses and fighting in a division for their first time

What do you expect from WME-IMG? They are a talent agency that doesn't promote their own fighters. The best thing WME-IMG has done is Tyron Woodley's segment in TMZ. Meanwhile someone like Sexyama and Dong Hyun Kim are now big celebrities in Korea. No thanks to WME-IMG. Fertittas should've sold UFC to Tencent Holdings you know the chinese conglomerate that now has a market value of $580 billion and owns League of Legends and Legendary Pictures.

With Nunes, Gastelum, Souza, Lineker, Machida and Belfort on the card - they definitely should have sold a lot more if 85K is accurate (which I doubt).
Not really. Aldo and max II did like 120k, and the rematch had ngannou and overeem as the co main plus Alvarez and Gaethje

Not surprised this didn’t crack 100 if these numbers are accurate

Edit - rematch did 230k....im thinking of the first fight. Can’t remember that card at all aside from the main event

Last edited:
Not really. Aldo and max II did like 120k, and the rematch had ngannou and overeem as the co main plus Alvarez and Gaethje

Not surprised this didn’t crack 100 if these numbers are accurate
Aldo vs Holloway II did 230k buys.

A four fight winning streak that she got going on 2 years ago.

Couple the fact that Bethe and a strawweight made up 2 of the 4. The other 2 were Meisha and Phillips who is a total scrub.

She got a single top 10 win, sat out for almost 2 years then got a title shot.

When you say a single top 10 win, are you referring to Miesha Tate? That seems to be a rather downplaying way to sum up a former champion who fought for the title so many times. Surely she is more than merely a top ten win.

Bethe too, is a top ten ranked fighter, and one who has fought for the belt, as much as we may both wish that the division was strong enough so that such would not have been the case. Nevertheless, Bethe has been ranked top ten for years, and is--I just checked--currently ranked #10.

Not so shocking, but pretty damn bad!

When you say a single top 10 win, are you referring to Miesha Tate? That seems to be a rather downplaying way to sum up a former champion who fought for the title so many times. Surely she is more than merely a top ten win.

Bethe too, is a top ten ranked fighter, and one who has fought for the belt, as much as we may both wish that the division was strong enough so that such would not have been the case. Nevertheless, Bethe has been ranked top ten for years, and is--I just checked--currently ranked #10.

I'm not trying to down play the Tate win, I'm just trying to accentuate my point that Raquel didn't deserve a title shot and was just there to give Nunes another win until the Cyborg deal is agreed upon. In my opinion it was made evident when a fighter who, when active, is an unknown with no real signature wins, let alone after not competing for almost 2 years. They knew it wouldn't sell even if Raquel was active all that time, it was just to pass the time for the superfight.

I actually forgot Bethe was in the top 10, you got me there. Either way a split decision over Bethe being the second best win of her career says it all.

Wow. That's terrible. Totally mis-promoted. The legends should have been on the top of the card with their own promo vids.

Furry lesbos scared people away. NBA over WNBA.

Well done UFC. Keep promoting these girls who make Mighty Mouse's numbers look good.

Back