UFC 224 Nunes vs Pennington only 85,000PPV Buys

I'm a WMMA fan but most people don't want it rammed in their faces and out of all the WMMA fighters, real talk Nunes is one of the most obnoxious, not even the Brazilians like her.

She just tries way too hard imo. And nobody likes mullets.

Fights were pretty good to be honest though. I find that usually happens

People love snuff films!

Ronda gets murked, again.
To be honest, I would kind of like to see Rousey beat Nunes just for the sheer chaos of it all.

The card performed the problem was that the only really interesting fights were machida Belfort and jacare and kg
Right, but we know it isn’t about good fights. We are guys on a forum who really love mma, however, it’s casuals who dictate a 1 million ppv buy. For this to be 85,000 shows that it was such a bad card (full of no names) that no one cares. Regardless of good fights and fighters performing, if only die hards buy it then ufc gonna go bankrupt.

85,000 who had $70 to throw away

They still would have made money probably even at 50K buys

tumblr_mqh2owRybH1qlc8rho1_500.gif

Card was better than half the cards that are stacked and get hyped

They need to cut the crap with these little cards in between PPV cards and really stack the PPV cards again. The UFC roster is stacked and they need to do a better job of creating PPV cards that people are genuinely interested in. There's no reason why there should be a crappy card at this point.

They really messed up with this card by having a female fight headline and not have a great co-main. No diss to Jacare or Gastelum, but they aren't household names.

Fights were pretty good to be honest though. I find that usually happens
This argument is floated after every card like this, but it completely misses the point. Minor league baseball games can be very competitive as well. That doesn't mean people are going to pay as much to see one as a MLB game.

Wow, you put a Fight Night event on PPV & it doesn't draw?

Ended up being a decent night of fights, but two bums fighting over a dollar might end up being a decent fight but I ain't ordering it on PPV.

So you're telling me people aren't buying a card featuring a lopsided title fight and some chick that has a dadbod fighting a can on the main card? Well I'm completely surprised!

85,000 sex offenders detected

Didn't that bald lying goof say Nunes would never headline another ppv after her no-show?

I think it's time Uncle Dana is put out to pasture.

Back