UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with cagebrain on the picks. I guess we're either going to have a great night or you're going to have a great night; although it could just end up mediocre for all of us.

I will feel very dumb if I have a bad night after picking against most of you, but I have to trust myself

Theoretically I would eat body shots all day compared to shots to the face and head.

Not specific this to fight but in general.

I thought that liver shots hurt more than head shots

Nothing makes 1 gas more than getting hit a lot in the face and busted up with jabs (tons) str. rights and elbows at close range. Even if Andrade has her way early she is still going to get pieced up in the process.
This isnt unskilled hill (1-2 entering that fight)---this is an ELITE striker and ya maybe this is one of Andrades 1 in 3 fight WOW KO moments in all div. so far IF Andrade catches JJ early, yes could happen, but if it does not happen then the 4th/5th round could easily have a 10-8 JJ round in it or even a late ref. mercy stoppage when its JJs time to do her best work and her opp. fades and this heavy thick tongue wagging hamburger faced opp. will be no different.

Mr. walljohn, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

-Billy Madison

damn, you are starting to scare me a little bit.. You are on Maia, Edgar and JJ while I'm on Masvidal, Yair and Andrade... GL tho

You shouldnt expect a stocky, muscular fighter who has never fought 5 rounds to win a 5 round decision. You shouldnt expect a 115lb woman with no pure striking experience? to KO such a determined champion with a pure striking background. Especially when the possible KO blows are obvious but her KO power not prolific or diverse. Andrade doesnt even fully believe herself she'll win.

I'll finish correcting a misconception about women and cardio. It has never been proven that women are better endurance athletes than men(unless new research has come out that I am ignorant of) so if you're thinking because Andrade is a woman she likely wont gas then your hypothesis is not grounded in this reality.

I'll bless y'all with full picks tonight or tomorrow morning. You are welcome for Divine Knowledge.

Eddie Alvarez is a level above Dustin Porier

With Pettis/Cejudo scrapped, the award for most laughable line on UFC 211 goes to Alvarez/Porier. When the fight was first announced, I thought it was going to be somewhere along the lines of Alvarez -250, maybe even -300. This seemed to be a good tune up fight for Alvarez coming off a devastating loss, as opposed to throwing him in the wolves at the top of the division right away.

But... he's the UNDERDOG? Incredible. Porier gets knocked dead by Michael Johnson in two minutes, gets a decision victory over Jim Miller, and is supposed to be the favorite over the man who went thru murderers row at LW to win the title?

Yes, he got embarassed by the best fighter in the world, but didn't we count out Jose Aldo against Frankie Edgar for that same reason? Let's not make that same mistake twice.

This is also the third consecutive southpaw Alvarez will face. I'm sure he is incredibly well prepared and you know damn well he has something to prove.

Whether he cracks that glass chin of Porier's or grinds away a decision, the result will remain the same.

Eddie Alvarez will defeat Dustin Porier because, despite what the odds say, he is simply a level above.

Agreed. Said it from the start. Alvarez will be my main pick then Miocic....

You shouldnt expect a stocky, muscular fighter who has never fought 5 rounds to win a 5 round decision. You shouldnt expect a 115lb woman with no pure striking experience? to KO such a determined champion with a pure striking background. Especially when the possible KO blows are obvious but her KO power not prolific or diverse. Andrade doesnt even fully believe herself she'll win.

I'll finish correcting a misconception about women and cardio. It has never been proven that women are better endurance athletes than men(unless new research has come out that I am ignorant of) so if you're thinking because Andrade is a woman she likely wont gas then your hypothesis is not grounded in this reality.

I'll bless y'all with full picks tonight or tomorrow morning. You are welcome for Divine Knowledge.

Andrade's cardio looked good against Hill, and it was a high pace fight in which she landed 148 strikes.
Joanna has a suspect chin, she got dropped by Claudia's jab and got hurt badly against KK.
I think that Andrade will drop her and will get ahead in the scorecards or even finish her.
We have already seen Joanna in bad spots.

Last edited:
Andrade's cardio looked good against Hill, and it was a high pace fight in which she threw 148 strikes.
Joanna has a suspect chin, she got dropped by Claudia's jab and got hurt badly against KK.
I think that Andrade will drop her and will get ahead in the scorecards or even finish her.

She landed 148 she threw 350

Andrade's cardio looked good against Hill, and it was a high pace fight in which she threw 148 strikes.

Yeah the Hill fight has me thinking her cardio is pretty damn good. I like to base my analysis on what fighters have shown in past fights, not their body types or gender

With Pettis/Cejudo scrapped, the award for most laughable line on UFC 211 goes to Alvarez/Porier. When the fight was first announced, I thought it was going to be somewhere along the lines of Alvarez -250, maybe even -300. This seemed to be a good tune up fight for Alvarez coming off a devastating loss, as opposed to throwing him in the wolves at the top of the division right away.

But... he's the UNDERDOG? Incredible. Porier gets knocked dead by Michael Johnson in two minutes, gets a decision victory over Jim Miller, and is supposed to be the favorite over the man who went thru murderers row at LW to win the title?

Yes, he got embarassed by the best fighter in the world, but didn't we count out Jose Aldo against Frankie Edgar for that same reason? Let's not make that same mistake twice.

This is also the third consecutive southpaw Alvarez will face. I'm sure he is incredibly well prepared and you know damn well he has something to prove.

Whether he cracks that glass chin of Porier's or grinds away a decision, the result will remain the same.

Eddie Alvarez will defeat Dustin Porier because, despite what the odds say, he is simply a level above.

Eddie has looked shite in the ufc and dp will send him packing this sat

Hehe Eddie got killed by Cowboy, got 2 split decisions then a fluke TKO against RDA who passed out backstage before the fight, now he's coming off the most embarrassing loss in UFC history. Just like Miesha Tate he got lucky to win the title and now he's done. Dustin still has years of fights left. He will win the striking clearly and won't be grinded out. Dustin should be -200 and will win this fight.

Hehe Eddie got killed by Cowboy, got 2 split decisions then a fluke TKO against RDA who passed out backstage before the fight, now he's coming off the most embarrassing loss in UFC history. Just like Miesha Tate he got lucky to win the title and now he's done. Dustin still has years of fights left. He will win the striking clearly and won't be grinded out. Dustin should be -200 and will win this fight.

Agreed, think Dustin sparks him at some point. Eddie is too hittable and taken too much damage in his long career.

Have asked about if the new 10-8 scoring will be implemented in the scoring of this card, asked about 6 times already itt all ignored. I highly doubt many leet bettors here if none even know.

I will feel very dumb if I have a bad night after picking against most of you, but I have to trust myself
feels-lol-5551361837638.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back