UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I thought Eddie looked worse against McGregor than Poirier. He honestly looked lost.
The conor alvarez faced was a more improved conor.
After his devasting lose to diaz conor improved radically and learned how to beat the bigger and stronger men.
I will go with eddie...eddie has heart and is very durable.
It can't get worse for eddie and he knows it.

Honestly I think Alvarez vs Poirier is one of the most unbettable high level fights I can think of in recent memory. Literally any result could happen. Poirier dec, poirier itd, alvarez dec, alvarez itd, draw, could go over or under due to shitty chins, idk it just screams pass.

Just gonna watch this one with the popcorn.

Eddie alvarez has been fighting the exact type of fighter DP is for years! Literally eddie has already experienced this type of fight before.

People saying he has fluke wins..perhaps over RDA because of that weight cut. But who is the best guy dustin has best? Bobby green? Joe duffy? Every time he fights a top 5er he loses. Every time. Looked good against an over the hill jim miller who started to come back in the 3rd round big time. Also looked horrible against MJ...crossing his feet while striking and getting ktfo with a single blow.

I think people are deluded by eddies shellshocked performance against mcgoat... If eddie was fighting a vicious young contender shit might be different, but DP isnt a contender, hes a high level gatekeeper.

These are just my thoughts/opinion so dont be getting all butthurt on me guys

Eddie is fading mate. He got a gift against gilbert bs dec imo. He stunk the joint out to beat pettis who was comfortably outstriking him. He wont cage hug dp and if he does he wont get the decision judges hate that shit now. He is 33 he is past his best and he is getting served up.

Was talking to JImGunn and EZ and after doing a bit of additional research I'm not just switching my pick to Casey but putting a bet on her. Here was the reasoning as discussed with my boy JG. I just wanted to make sure nobody read my original preview and used it as reasoning to play JAG ..

So...

Jessica and Casey.

So yeah, initially I was on Jag but after talking to EZ + JG and watching a bit more footage, I am inclined to switch plays. Going back and watching Courtney I was concerned with her TDD against Claudia and because Jessica is virtually a poor woman's Claudia I was worried we'd get a similar results. Also JoJo Calderwood was able to take Courtney down multiple times as well. However, after going back and watching I was actually impressed with Courtney's performance against Claudia. She did get taken down but she was also very active off of her back and was hustling back to her feet every time she hit the mat. Anytime she's taken down she never accepts defeat or lets her shoulders get flat on the canvas so that her opponent can secure position.

What's more, she has a really crafty guard which was even able to secure an arm bar finish over Randa Markos. Additionally, I wasn't aware of the fact that heading into the Claudia fight that she had suffered an automobile accident and missed four weeks of camp because of it. And of course she took the JoAnn Calderwood fight on super short notice and flew halfway around the world to take it. Moreover that was over two years ago and she has progressed infinitely since then.

Meanwhile, JAG is 35 years old and is coming off of a torn ACL in her last fight. She's been out 22-months and who knows where her head and body is. It must be at peak form so she can get past a young hungry lioness like Casey.

Basically if Jessica is to win this fight, she's going to have to dig extremely deep. Courtney Casey isn't an easy fight when you are on a roll much less when you are coming off myriad physical and mental issues.

Finally, Courtney has excellent footwork being a former soccer player and she has improved striking she can do a lot of damage. She is supremely active and I could see her overwhelming Jessica. If there is a finish I do believe it will be Casey who gets it.

I'd love to hear additional thoughts!

Eddie is fading mate. He got a gift against gilbert bs dec imo. He stunk the joint out to beat pettis who was comfortably outstriking him. He wont cage hug dp and if he does he wont get the decision judges hate that shit now. He is 33 he is past his best and he is getting served up.
Hearing someone is "fading" doesnt really tell me anything bro. I need facts, i need stats, something. dustin has never rose to the occasion to beat a top fighter, eddie has rose to the occasion time and time again. If eddie hadnt looked so shitty against conor the odds would be way different, people seem to forget dustin got starched in what, the first round? Dustin can certainly win, i just dont believe eddie is fading just yet.

Hill let Andrade run forward and swing punches at her own pace. It was a lot of punches for sure buts it's a lot easier to not gas when you're dictating the pace entirely. I don't see jj letting her do that. I don't think jj tries running. I think jj plants her feet, creates collisions and looks to elbow and Thai clinch. She'll fight at two ranges... all the way in and all the way out... whereas hill only tried to stay all the way out. How that affects andrades gas tank is yet to be seen. But it's not the same as chasing down hill for theee rounds... as impressive as that is.

People
To be honest, I thought Eddie looked worse against McGregor than Poirier. He honestly looked lost.

Hard to look lost in 90 seconds.

The conor alvarez faced was a more improved conor.
After his devasting lose to diaz conor improved radically and learned how to beat the bigger and stronger men.
I will go with eddie...eddie has heart and is very durable.
It can't get worse for eddie and he knows it.
True imo

Was talking to JImGunn and EZ and after doing a bit of additional research I'm not just switching my pick to Casey but putting a bet on her. Here was the reasoning as discussed with my boy JG. I just wanted to make sure nobody read my original preview and used it as reasoning to play JAG ..

So...

Jessica and Casey.

So yeah, initially I was on Jag but after talking to EZ + JG and watching a bit more footage, I am inclined to switch plays. Going back and watching Courtney I was concerned with her TDD against Claudia and because Jessica is virtually a poor woman's Claudia I was worried we'd get a similar results. Also JoJo Calderwood was able to take Courtney down multiple times as well. However, after going back and watching I was actually impressed with Courtney's performance against Claudia. She did get taken down but she was also very active off of her back and was hustling back to her feet every time she hit the mat. Anytime she's taken down she never accepts defeat or lets her shoulders get flat on the canvas so that her opponent can secure position.

What's more, she has a really crafty guard which was even able to secure an arm bar finish over Randa Markos. Additionally, I wasn't aware of the fact that heading into the Claudia fight that she had suffered an automobile accident and missed four weeks of camp because of it. And of course she took the JoAnn Calderwood fight on super short notice and flew halfway around the world to take it. Moreover that was over two years ago and she has progressed infinitely since then.

Meanwhile, JAG is 35 years old and is coming off of a torn ACL in her last fight. She's been out 22-months and who knows where her head and body is. It must be at peak form so she can get past a young hungry lioness like Casey.

Basically if Jessica is to win this fight, she's going to have to dig extremely deep. Courtney Casey isn't an easy fight when you are on a roll much less when you are coming off myriad physical and mental issues.

Finally, Courtney has excellent footwork being a former soccer player and she has improved striking she can do a lot of damage. She is supremely active and I could see her overwhelming Jessica. If there is a finish I do believe it will be Casey who gets it.

I'd love to hear additional thoughts!

you wont regret it. good bet! currently my biggest play on the card. casey beats her everywhere

No, but DP's win over Duffy is more impressive to me than any of Alvarez's UFC wins.

Just stop! Eddie beat RDA. Just stop. Even Eddies win over Gil is probably better than a Duffy win.

I'm not betting this fight. But just stop with the hyperbole! Eddie is FULLY CAPABLE of cage hugging and taking Dustin down. And he is also capable of stopping Dustin.

I'm not betting the fight but I'm not gonna act like Eddie is a bum and DP is a rock star.

It's a close fight on paper

Hey brother can I get my yellow name removed now? @EzFlyer

30 days is almost done

Mr. walljohn, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

-Billy Madison

ok..... a simple "wrong" would have done just fine, but uh...

Joanna and Andrade look like bff's

Andrade says she has more work to do to be a complete fighter and that JJ is more well rounded, but her edge is that she isn't afraid to take a beating and that she is fearless / takes advantage at the right time

Just stop! Eddie beat RDA. Just stop. Even Eddies win over Gil is probably better than a Duffy win.

I'm not betting this fight. But just stop with the hyperbole! Eddie is FULLY CAPABLE of cage hugging and taking Dustin down. And he is also capable of stopping Dustin.

I'm not betting the fight but I'm not gonna act like Eddie is a bum and DP is a rock star.

It's a close fight on paper

When I say the Duffy win is better, I mean the performance was better. As in, DP looked great in that fight. Eddie has not looked good in any fight since before his second Chandler fight.

I agree with you tho, its a super close fight, and I am also not betting it.

Angela Hill with her 2c on why Andrade wins:

https://champions.co/p/angela-hill-...cking-andrade-to-upset-jedrzejczyk-at-ufc-211

In my fight I felt like I hesitated when my corner called for step-through knees and outside elbows, but when I finally threw them they worked and I was able to cut her on both cheeks before the final bell. Joanna is particularly good at those things, so I'm expecting her to sting Andrade a few times as she charges in. Also, Joanna being bigger and longer than me -- it's going to be a lot harder for Andrade to pressure her to the fence where it's easier to score points from flurries and takedowns. Joanna doesn't typically start kicking until her opponent is hurt but it's doubtful Andrade will give her enough to space to throw them anyway.

At the same time Joanna doesn't move her head as much as I do, so if she does get swarmed, she's going to absorb a lot more damage. Just judging by looks, I think Andrade hits harder than Karolina Kowalkiewicz, who was able to drop Joanna in her last fight, but Andrade is not as precise. If Andrade tightens up her striking and lands something clean it's going to be lights out.

Another thing to look at is the whole wrestling side of things. Andrade was comfortable standing with me, but if she does decide to go to the ground, she has strong takedowns. She's not amazing anywhere, but she's strong and commits to whatever she does, so wherever she feels her opponent feels uncomfortable, she'll try to put them there. I think Joanna has exceptional takedown defense (especially when she digs her fingers in her opponent's eyes in the clinch), so if Andrade is unsuccessful with taking her down but keeps trying, there's a good possibility she'll gas. I think Andrade's best chance of winning is to keep it standing and not waste energy on takedowns like Claudia Gadelha did in her and Joanna's last fight.

One last aspect I'll touch on is Andrade's gas tank. She's a hook machine and I was pretty surprised that she was able to keep that up all three rounds. This weekend she's fighting five rounds, but I don't think that'll be a problem for her. Joanna, however, cuts a lot of weight to make 115lbs and has never fought someone who pressures and throws body shots like Andrade. Andrade has a good chance of tiring Joanna out in this fight. Andrade typically lunges in with a right hook to the body and then loops the left hook over the top and this is a tactic that has served her well against taller fighters.

Loving the Maia odds, obviously if it stays on the feet its Masvidal all day but Maia went back to his bread and butter years ago and r1 and usually 2 his takedowns have been unstoppable and his ground game dominant. If I was betting Masvidal it'd be via live betting if he survives 2 rounds and Maia looks gassed.

Frankie at + odds is the dream, lot of hype behind Yair but his flashiness has holes and I'm expecting a grapple heavy game from Frankie. Takedowns should be there all day and he has great movent, he's not going to be the plodding heavy bag that zombie Penn was.

Hoping for a wrestling heavy game plan from Alvarez too. If he strikes with Dustin he's likely to get hurt but if he can make it a clinch heavy fight he should be able to get takedowns against the cage and win the fight on top. Likely be a pass though unless the odds shift radically either way, then its betting the underdog.

I like Skelly over Knight too, got the grappling chops to easily get Knight down and has a solid top game so should survive the guard of Knight. On the feet I expect Knight to try walking him down while Skelly picks him apart with straights and batters his legs with kicks before changing levels as Knight is coming in.

The obvious picks are Alverz, Maia, Frankie, JJ. Really can't see any of them losing.

The obvious picks are Alverz, Maia, Frankie, JJ. Really can't see any of them losing.
Why dont you go make a 4 team parlay then.

lol dude. They could easily all 4 lose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back