UFC 211 - Stipe vs JDS II - Dallas - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe i am going to pass JJ/Andrade fight and not going to bet on it, but i think that JJ can earn some respect from Andrade with some good counter punchesh in the first rounds and then all will become a lot easier for her.
Ta hell with that just bet on maia

Man forreal? Yair is a killer he didn't really fight like that against caceres bro they had a lil friendly fight. Violent yair is here in Dallas he's best bro.

Give me Yair for the win, and you bet on Frankie at - odds. Not cool man

I'm only betting on one fight tho and that's Maia. That fight is very intriguing and the fight I'm most looking forward to beside the main event
Haha, I am not that confident in Frankie, I just think -120 is off.

Haha yeah. I am only super condifent and big on Maia. I am medium/small on Frankie and Small on JJ (and I got her at -120. I would not bet her current line). Also I did take Andrade NSC.

I'm on all of those besides Andrade NSC.

I'm on Andrade, but JJ managed a 10-8 against Claudia, I could see the same happening late in this fight.

That is because Claudia was a punching bag after the second round, no way Andrade gasses THAT hard. Claudia is usually gassed by the third in 3 rounders whereas Andrade up'd her volume against Hill in Rd 3.

In addition, Claudia's whole game revolves around her wrestling, so once she gassed she had nothing to offer JJ. Even if Andrade slows down, she will definitely bite down on that mouth piece and still throw heat, just not as much volume. I just see it very hard for JJ to earn a 10-8 unless she drops Andrade with a counter shot (unlikely imo) or lands a big elbow (slightly more likely). She doesnt have the edge on the ground either, so even if one of the above scenario's happens, she would still have to have a fairly dominant round standing in addition to that to earn a 10-8.

Last edited:
I am not gonna bet. But my 2 cents is JJ will lose this fight. Just a gut feeling. I am not gonna bet cause it is not like Andrade +200 or +300 underdog. At current odds i see no value in this fight.

Haha, I am not that confident in Frankie, I just think -120 is off.
Yeah he should be the dog lol
Yair at plus odds is something I like. I remember right when I was about to check the odds for the first time I was wondering who the favorite would be in this fight. I'm surprised to see Yair at + odds

Yeah he should be the dog lol
Yair at plus odds is something I like. I remember right when I was about to check the odds for the first time I was wondering who the favorite would be in this fight. I'm surprised to see Yair at + odds

There is no way yair should be fav wtf has he done to warrant this hype hes sooo overrated

That was a friendly fight bro

If you exclude the corpse of Penn, Yair has 1 finish in the UFC seconds after Fili was clearing his vision on the side the kick landed

He has a 75% decision rate in the UFC with 2 splits otherwise

There is no way yair should be fav wtf has he done to warrant this hype hes sooo overrated

Nothing except be taller in a staredown

Will the new 10-8 scoring rules be implemented in this event?

Leans at current 5d odds

Stipe
Andrade
Maia
Frankie
Alvarez
Polo
Casey
Sherman
Christensen

That is because Claudia was a punching bag after the second round, no way Andrade gasses THAT hard. Claudia is usually gassed by the third in 3 rounders whereas Andrade up'd her volume against Hill in Rd 3.

In addition, Claudia's whole game revolves around her wrestling, so once she gassed she had nothing to offer JJ. Even if Andrade slows down, she will definitely bite down on that mouth piece and still throw heat, just not as much volume. I just see it very hard for JJ to earn a 10-8 unless she drops Andrade with a counter shot (unlikely imo) or lands a big elbow (slightly more likely). She doesnt have the edge on the ground either, so even if one of the above scenario's happens, she would still have to have a fairly dominant round standing in addition to that to earn a 10-8.
Nothing makes 1 gas more than getting hit a lot in the face and busted up with jabs (tons) str. rights and elbows at close range. Even if Andrade has her way early she is still going to get pieced up in the process.
This isnt unskilled hill (1-2 entering that fight)---this is an ELITE striker and ya maybe this is one of Andrades 1 in 3 fight WOW KO moments in all div. so far IF Andrade catches JJ early, yes could happen, but if it does not happen then the 4th/5th round could easily have a 10-8 JJ round in it or even a late ref. mercy stoppage when its JJs time to do her best work and her opp. fades and this heavy thick tongue wagging hamburger faced opp. will be no different.

Last edited:
Nothing makes 1 gas more than getting hit a lot in the face and busted up with jabs (tons) str. rights and elbows at close range. Even if Andrade has her way early she is still going to get pieced up in the process.
This isnt unskilled hill (1-2 entering that fight)---this an ELITE striker and ya maybe this is one of Andrades 1 in 3 fight WOW KO moments in all div. so far IF Andrade catches JJ early, yes could happen, but if it does not happen then the 4th/5th round could easily have a 10-8 JJ round in it or even a late ref. mercy stoppage when its JJs time to do her best work.

Nothing makes someone gas more than getting blasted to the body over and over

damn, you are starting to scare me a little bit.. You are on Maia, Edgar and JJ while I'm on Masvidal, Yair and Andrade... GL tho

I'm with cagebrain on the picks. I guess we're either going to have a great night or you're going to have a great night; although it could just end up mediocre for all of us.

Eddie Alvarez is a level above Dustin Porier

With Pettis/Cejudo scrapped, the award for most laughable line on UFC 211 goes to Alvarez/Porier. When the fight was first announced, I thought it was going to be somewhere along the lines of Alvarez -250, maybe even -300. This seemed to be a good tune up fight for Alvarez coming off a devastating loss, as opposed to throwing him in the wolves at the top of the division right away.

But... he's the UNDERDOG? Incredible. Porier gets knocked dead by Michael Johnson in two minutes, gets a decision victory over Jim Miller, and is supposed to be the favorite over the man who went thru murderers row at LW to win the title?

Yes, he got embarassed by the best fighter in the world, but didn't we count out Jose Aldo against Frankie Edgar for that same reason? Let's not make that same mistake twice.

This is also the third consecutive southpaw Alvarez will face. I'm sure he is incredibly well prepared and you know damn well he has something to prove.

Whether he cracks that glass chin of Porier's or grinds away a decision, the result will remain the same.

Eddie Alvarez will defeat Dustin Porier because, despite what the odds say, he is simply a level above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back