U.K. holds back intelligence sharing with U.S.

What's the bigger problem here? The President, within his rights, disclosing certain classified details(which were wholly appropriate BTW) to officials from other nations in a closed door meeting, to aid them in the fight against ISIS, or the leaks to the media of said meeting and said details, who then broadcast it all to the world?

Let me guess...

Stupid Drumph!!!!
I misunderstood his post, no need to be a jackass.

If it turns out to be someone on Team Trump, the pattern would be pretty hard to deny

Well shit, President Trump has been in office for 3 months and has already twice willingly given high level secrets to both Russia and the Philippines. Not to mention all the other crazy shit to come out of his mouth.

Is it too much to ask for a President with poise and a commitment to the nation over self interests?

Well shit, President Trump has been in office for 3 months and has already twice willingly given high level secrets to both Russia and the Philippines. Not to mention all the other crazy shit to come out of his mouth.

Is it too much to ask for a President with poise and a commitment to the nation over self interests?
The electorate won't learn from this.
That's the only thing I'm near certain of

"We quite frankly can't afford to risk it anymore. " -Manchester Mayor

Great job in electing this unqualified idiot.

We told you so.

You realize he was talking about the media reporting the leaks and the Whitehouse leaking it out, right?

Not about Trump. If you haven't noticed, Trump has been telling people that its the leakers and media printing leaks that are doing the real damage for months.

Neither Russia nor Phillipines leaked any information, so I'm not sure why that's relevant. It was people inside our own Whitehouse that leaked the information to the public.

This could have something to do with Obama's exiting executive order that allows other agencies access to NSAs intelligence database.

This makes leakage more common. Some would even say it encourages leaks.

The electorate won't learn from this.
That's the only thing I'm near certain of

Of course not because they have no fucking accountability. The only requirement to vote is to be a breathing human being. You don't have to know the first thing about politics to have a say in this country. My biggest issue is with the electoral college though. That shit was setup to prevent this from happening, not allow it. We literally just let unknown powerful people decide who they want to vote for regardless of the public's opinion.

Neither Russia nor Phillipines leaked any information, so I'm not sure why that's relevant. It was people inside our own Whitehouse that leaked the information to the public.

Right, President Trump leaked those secrets to those nations. Someone in the White House appropriately found that to be disgusting behavior and exposed it.

My guess is they're holding him responsible for not being able to keep his house in order. There's truth to that, but I don't think he has the worst look here. Personally, there's a pretty obvious line that got crossed which makes me unhappy about this.

Leaking information in an effort to hold the president accountable is something that I support, but leaking information that jeopardizes an investigation into a terror attack isn't. I think we have a right to know if our president is being honest with us; but when it comes to information like this, I wish the source/NYT had shown better judgement.

This is where I stand on it. When someone like Snowden leaks something that exposes the government is routinely infringing on all of our rights, that man is a hero.

The recent set of leaks regarding what Trump told Russia, the Phillipines, and now about this terror-investigation weren't motivated by some patriotic duty. They didn't expose anything illegal or corrupt. All they did was release sensitive classified information into the public sphere.

Its also unfathomable to me that we haven't found the leakers yet. And Trump should take a lot of heat for that. We have people sitting next to the President, taking in all the most classified information and running straight to the media with it every fucking week, and we can't find them? How many spies does China or Russia or ISIS have embedded in our government if this is the case? If find it hard to believe that the Washington Post or Buzzfeed are better at espionage than China, so if this is what the media gets, what the fuck is China getting?

I think he has to start charging journalists who publish classified information. Its clearly gone to far. We can't rely on them to police themselves anymore.

Right, President Trump leaked those secrets to those nations. Someone in the White House appropriately found that to be disgusting behavior and exposed it.

He actually didn't give anything classified to the Phillipines, so that was kind of a non-story.

But in general, we have a need to share classified intel with other nations. In fact, isn't that exactly what this thread is about? The UK having the need the share to classified information with the US? Do you think we never share any the other way?

I think he has to start charging journalists who publish classified information. Its clearly gone to far. We can't rely on them to police themselves anymore.
And there it is. The solution to your guy being incompetent is to warp the first amendment around his incompetence. What a pussy.

I understand that the NYT published something they didn't like, but how is it Trump's fault?
No one ever said anything about Trump, it's about sharing intelligence with America, which has been leaking like a faucet since he took office. The people just aren't trustworthy for the time being. Trump is obviously a part of the problem, bragging about intelligence, but I didn't read anything about the U.K. pointing fingers at Trump.

No one ever said anything about Trump, it's about sharing intelligence with America, which has been leaking like a faucet since he took office. The people just aren't trustworthy for the time being

Literally in the OP:

"We quite frankly can't afford to risk it anymore. " -Manchester Mayor

Great job in electing this unqualified idiot.

We told you so.

I doubt the "unqualified idiot" he was talking about was the Manchestor Mayor.

No one ever said anything about Trump, it's about sharing intelligence with America, which has been leaking like a faucet since he took office. The people just aren't trustworthy for the time being. Trump is obviously a part of the problem, bragging about intelligence, but I didn't read anything about the U.K. pointing fingers at Trump.
Did you read the OP?

Back