U.K. holds back intelligence sharing with U.S.

Now we know what the guy carrying the nuclear codes looks like.
There's been a uniformed military officer carrying a football accompanying the POTUS for the last 40+ years. They work out of the WH Military Office. And do you think there's only one football handy at any given time?

All of this info is out there and available to anyone.

And there it is. The solution to your guy being incompetent is to warp the first amendment around his incompetence. What a pussy.

Trump should really rein in those freewheeling journalists, they're such a liability for his administration. There aren't enough restrictions on the media, maybe they should all be merged into one government run news source they can control.

Trump should really reign in those freewheeling journalists, they're such a liability for his administration. There aren't enough restrictions on the media, maybe they should all be merged into one government run news source they can control.
At least Bannon will have something to do now.

And there it is. The solution to your guy being incompetent is to warp the first amendment around his incompetence. What a pussy.

Warp the first amendment? I'm not proposing any new laws.

This is where I stand on it. When someone like Snowden leaks something that exposes the government is routinely infringing on all of our rights, that man is a hero.

The recent set of leaks regarding what Trump told Russia, the Phillipines, and now about this terror-investigation weren't motivated by some patriotic duty. They didn't expose anything illegal or corrupt. All they did was release sensitive classified information into the public sphere.

Its also unfathomable to me that we haven't found the leakers yet. And Trump should take a lot of heat for that. We have people sitting next to the President, taking in all the most classified information and running straight to the media with it every fucking week, and we can't find them? How many spies does China or Russia or ISIS have embedded in our government if this is the case? If find it hard to believe that the Washington Post or Buzzfeed are better at espionage than China, so if this is what the media gets, what the fuck is China getting?
It's funny I heard leftists saying the same thing about Snowden because he made America look weak and leaked publicly that we were spying on close allies, making them look dumb and having to denounce us.

Maybe Trump should start off with his own mouth then figure out who the fuck is singing all this info and keep it from them?

I doubt the "unqualified idiot" he was talking about was the Manchestor Mayor.
I meant official U.K. response, I haven't looked too deep into it but I did read a story about this before seeing it on here (which is why I wasn't bothered by TS crappy post without a source) and they weren't pointing fingers just saying it's unacceptable that we leak so much.

He actually didn't give anything classified to the Phillipines, so that was kind of a non-story.

But in general, we have a need to share classified intel with other nations. In fact, isn't that exactly what this thread is about? The UK having the need the share to classified information with the US? Do you think we never share any the other way?

I'm fairly positive the locations of our nuclear submarine arsenal is highly classified material, and he gave just that to Duterte for no reason other than to brag. I can't think of a single reason to divulge that to the President of the Philippines.

Of course we need to share intelligence, the cooperation is already strong with most of our allies. The problem is when it gets leaked to the public (and nations that aren't our allies like Russia and the Philippines) and puts people at risk. It's not meant to be shared so the public knows. It's meant to be shared to stop threats.

Trump should really rein in those freewheeling journalists, they're such a liability for his administration. There aren't enough restrictions on the media, maybe they should all be merged into one government run news source they can control.

The Mayor of London is literally telling you that they are a liability. They are upset that the NYT printed the photos.

I'm fairly positive the locations of our nuclear submarine arsenal is highly classified material, and he gave just that to Duterte for no reason other than to brag. I can't think of a single reason to divulge that to the President of the Philippines.

He didn't give them the locations. He told them what part of the world they are in. The Navy said the same thing in an open press release a week ago.

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=100221
http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=100072

It was #fake news.

Of course we need to share intelligence, the cooperation is already strong with most of our allies. The problem is when it gets leaked to the public and puts people at risk. It's not meant to be shared so the public knows. It's meant to be shared to stop threats.

You and Trump are in agreement on that. You agree that he needs to find and plug the leaks, and the media needs to stop printing classified intel.

Eventually the media is going to print something that the administration releases/leaks that does real harm and that is going to empower Trump's War on the free press. If it's not fake news, rumor, dishonest by omission, or biases news,or sensationalized news. it's irresponsible news.

the day after he signs a record weapons deal with the chief exporter of wahhabism in the world there is an attack on an ally

thats the kind of shit Alex Jones wouldve jumped all over back in the day

I just can't understand why other nations in the world might not fully trust the United States

This is where I stand on it. When someone like Snowden leaks something that exposes the government is routinely infringing on all of our rights, that man is a hero.

The recent set of leaks regarding what Trump told Russia, the Phillipines, and now about this terror-investigation weren't motivated by some patriotic duty. They didn't expose anything illegal or corrupt. All they did was release sensitive classified information into the public sphere.

Its also unfathomable to me that we haven't found the leakers yet. And Trump should take a lot of heat for that. We have people sitting next to the President, taking in all the most classified information and running straight to the media with it every fucking week, and we can't find them? How many spies does China or Russia or ISIS have embedded in our government if this is the case? If find it hard to believe that the Washington Post or Buzzfeed are better at espionage than China, so if this is what the media gets, what the fuck is China getting?

This. So much this.

Trump is not under investigation
Suck it
well not personally, but he is under investigation as party to a broader one. give it another month though. im sure he'll be under personal investigation soon. President "here hold my beer" cant help himself.

Or the president leaking information

You think Trump called up the NYT and gave it to them?
Boy, wouldn't that be a twist. All the "anonymous sources" in these recent leaks turn out to be Trump.

Crooked Hillary Clinton and her team "were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information." Not fit!

China, Russia and Iran are laughing at us. We have weak leaders who are threatening our national security. Dangerous times.

Hillary Clinton should not be given national security briefings in that she is a lose cannon with extraordinarily bad judgement & insticts.​

All Trump quotes.

Crooked Hillary Clinton and her team "were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information." Not fit!

China, Russia and Iran are laughing at us. We have weak leaders who are threatening our national security. Dangerous times.

Hillary Clinton should not be given national security briefings in that she is a lose cannon with extraordinarily bad judgement & insticts.​

All Trump quotes.

All of those things are true...

Back