Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz in the Works For UFC 219

Who Wins?

• Total voters
man this a great troll job by the UFC...they must be laughing their asses off.... later bros

so mcgregor wanted this fight? Dana and Co give it to his biggest rival as a negotiating tactic? i don't see this fight actually being booked... lol it would kill the sport

how would it kill the sport?

Woodley's ppv did 240k buys.....how would matching woodley up with a more popular fighter and possibly making him more popular kill the sport?

By the book #1 fights #2 match making has almost never existed in MMA for a multitude of reasons.

First of all, no. Fights aren’t fought on paper. The fights that jump out as boring against the Diaz brothers are Condit and Anderson Silva, not two fighters that are known for being boring at all.
Second, and this isn’t a response to you directly, but this whole thread, this is an underrated fight. Diaz has tools he might be able to use here. It isn’t even a bigger mismatch than Joanna Jedrzejczyk (spelling from memory, don’t hate me, I ain’t Polish) vs Rose Namajunas was.
Nate has zero tools here except cardio. It's a way bigger mismatch then jj vs rose

Now that would make sense, even from a timing perspective with Conor 'being pulled from 219 (per Mazulli)'. This is just hot garbage and going to be a massacre. Plus, 155 in 6 weeks gives me pause for Nate's case, as he is currently looking like he is near 200.

A fight against Tyron makes no sense on any level. If they are actually trying to make it there has to be a reason for it. The only thing I can think of is the UFC has to offer Nate a fight headlining 219 otherwise pay him because he has a contract which entitles him to such. Then they have to find someone willing to take the fight on 6 weeks notice, and is also worthy of headlining one of their bigger events of the year.

I just want to see Nate fight. If he somehow becomes champion it would be ducking hilarious!

If this is true
This fucking sucks, fuck this, fuck!!

Theres no order or anyshit right about the ufc, Its a side shit joke.

The prestige is gone.

Hahaha. TWood ducking Colby for a LW gatekeeper who lost his last fight is just tragic

I sincerely hope this fight is only being rumored to put pressure on other fighters to accept a fight. I really don't want this fight to happen.

Tyron outwrestles Nate. Fight won't be competitive. Conor/Nate 3 will lose its luster as a result. Meanwhile WW right now is all of a sudden stacked with contenders, all getting passed over. RDA, Lawler, Covington, Till, Ponzinibbio, Usman, Perry. GSP and Conor and even Nick Diaz are potential Woodley opponents too. All are better ideas that Tyron/Nate.

If it were to happen I'd be rooting so hard for Nate to produce an upset. I don't see it though

I've always been such a supporter of the UFC even through dip shit moves, but man. This is fucking ridiculous.

T-Wood was a verrrrry active champ taking on the best. He deserves his gimmie fight as a reward for being so active.

Not signing Askren and letting Rory get away were way worse than T-Wood vs Nate.

I sincerely hope this fight is only being rumored to put pressure on other fighters to accept a fight. I really don't want this fight to happen.

Tyron outwrestles Nate. Fight won't be competitive. Conor/Nate 3 will lose its luster as a result. Meanwhile WW right now is all of a sudden stacked with contenders, all getting passed over. RDA, Lawler, Covington, Till, Ponzinibbio, Usman, Perry. GSP and Conor and even Nick Diaz are potential Woodley opponents too. All are better ideas that Tyron/Nate.

If it were to happen I'd be rooting so hard for Nate to produce an upset. I don't see it though

Whilst I don't disagree, I don't think any of them are a clear cut contender at this stage. This match up is confusing, but I can understand why they've done it. If Woodley puts on a great performance, he might be able to reverse the minds of the casuals who saw his more recent performances.

I thought this was a joke when i clicked on this thread fuck the UFC this is the stupidest shit they've ever pulled and that's saying something

If they let Tyron fight Nate... that's just a complete joke. I mean, that's worse than Bisping vs GSP by a mile.

Especially when there are clear top 5 contenders that would step up. Covington is definitely one of them.

I thought this was a joke when i clicked on this thread fuck the UFC this is the stupidest shit they've ever pulled and that's saying something
are you aware floyd mayweather boxed mcgregor?

So happy to see everyone united about what a farce this sport has become. Finally.

To people saying this is a joke....
How does this shit seriously surprise you anymore? They been giving undeserved bullshit title shots for a few years now.

Nate shouldn’t be at 170, sux against wrestlers, doesn’t have 1 punch ko power, needs a miracle sub

are you aware floyd mayweather boxed mcgregor?
Yep and as a hard core boxing fan at least i could watch that freakshow to watch floyd shut the dumb assess of MMA up that Thought Conor had a chance, but what the fuck reason can i possibly wanna watch this? Again at least with bullshit like Henderson bisping we got to watch Henderson retire. This is a whole new level

WTF is this crap lol he lost his last fight....UFC is a joke

Back