Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz in the Works For UFC 219

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Leave it to woodley to take the easy route. Probably the only guy that can fight a Diaz bro and still have a boring fight
First of all, no. Fights aren’t fought on paper. The fights that jump out as boring against the Diaz brothers are Condit and Anderson Silva, not two fighters that are known for being boring at all.
Second, and this isn’t a response to you directly, but this whole thread, this is an underrated fight. Diaz has tools he might be able to use here. It isn’t even a bigger mismatch than Joanna Jedrzejczyk (spelling from memory, don’t hate me, I ain’t Polish) vs Rose Namajunas was.

One man can save UFC 219

20160819100546_09_Mike_Perry.JPG
Not a huge fan, but this is a way better idea than Diaz...

I don't think anyone else at WW or LW draws any different PPV #s with Woodley.

And in the future, if Nate somehow wins, this sets up a HUGE rubber match with Conor for the WW title.

So there's only upside, potentially HUGE upside for this match.

It's a joke. But potentially $$$$$$$$$$$$

This is numba one boolshit. They're only doing this so Conor can come back and challenge for the belt at 170 if Nate wins. Anything to give McDucker a way out of defending the belt. UFC's credibility, in terms of matchmaking and rankings, is officially dead if this fight happens with the intent of giving Conor a way out of fighting Tony.

913.gif

And if that kind of circus happens, Woodley via first round TKO (leg kick, takedown and Hulk smash). What's the point of this fight?

This is the dumbest fight in recent memory. Nate literally zero chance here.
He got smashed by LW wrestlers, henderson, Guida and RDA. Woodley gonna take him down and smash him with elbows til the ref stops it.
lol at 40 people picking Nate to win. ZERO chance. No kicks, no KO power, gets taken down at will by high level wrestler. ZERO chance.

This is the dumbest fight in recent memory. Nate literally zero chance here.
He got smashed by LW wrestlers, henderson, Guida and RDA. Woodley gonna take him down and smash him with elbows til the ref stops it.
lol at 40 people picking Nate to win. ZERO chance. No kicks, no KO power, gets taken down at will by high level wrestler. ZERO chance.
Have you ever been wrong on a "zero chance" prediction before...like Rose..Bisping vs rockhold etc? Everyone has a change. And lackadaisical muscle bound woodley dont get it done in 3 he's getting finished. 5% chance IMO.

That aint nothing. Khabib sat in the hospital for two years after RDA and slowly went from #5 to #1. It's best not to fight it seems

Wolf rankings
Wolf tickets
UFC is trash now.
live_on_this_planet_futurama.gif

This is pathetic. In what world does Nate fucking Diaz deserve a title shot? Even if it's not for the belt, there's no way he deserves this fight.

With Tyron's history of having trouble with fighters who use a lot of forward pressure, this fight is intriguing. However, it still makes absolutely no sense.

3-1 in the division... Deserves a shot...
I'd rather any ranked fighter get a shot over him

Hoping to set up Conor vs Nate 3 for the WW (and Conor's 3rd) belt?

Wtf lol.

I can't believe the UFC is entertaining this idea. So if Diaz actually beats Woodely, Conor will jump out of the woodworks and fight Diaz for the 170 belt. Then GSP will drop down to 170 to fight Conor. This is some WWE bull shit going on here.

Nate doesnt deserve it

Stuff like this is why I cancelled my Fight Pass after 3 years and wont give a cent to UFC. It was actually the Bisping #13 Hendo fight that sent me over the edge but was building for awhile. This is a whole new level of cray cray.

Back