Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz in the Works For UFC 219

Who Wins?

• Total voters
T-Wood was a verrrrry active champ taking on the best. He deserves his gimmie fight as a reward for being so active.

Not signing Askren and letting Rory get away were way worse than T-Wood vs Nate.
I agree he's a active champ. Shit about "deserve" is nonsense. He was paid in full for every one of those fights. His duty as champion for money and prestige it has is keep defending. Anything less is unfair to fighters below wiating who paid their dues and to fans who want best vs best.

You start making these "deserve money fight" excuses you get the shit show we have today.

I agree he's a active champ. Shit about "deserve" is nonsense. He was paid in full for every one of those fights. His duty as champion for money and prestige it has is keep defending. Anything less is unfair to fighters below wiating who paid their dues and to fans who want best vs best.

You start making these "deserve money fight" excuses you get the shit show we have today.

I hear you. If there was a clear cut number 1 contender i'd agree with you. Robbie tied up and I just don't want to see Wonderboy 3.

So if it comes down to him waiting for RDA vs Robbie winner otherwise; i'm alright with him taking a stupid fight.

Welcome to the WME era.

I just hope Conor fights Ferguson then.

Also, if Nate somehow wins, Conor coming for that 3rd belt confirmed.

Diaz fighting Woodley means that McGregor is definitely not planning on defending the belt.

5 rounds of Woodley laying on Nate, and crying that he was boo'd because he's black.

It is pretty silly but the next one in line at WW is Colby Covington.
I think that would be a good fight. I also think after what Colby did in Brazil would give him an extra push in the marketing area. I don't know.

Maybe Woodley ducked Colby. However if that's true then why would the UFC provide him with a 'money' fight against a small Diaz brother?
Not sure I make sense of this.

The only reason I will go along with this bulshit is hopefully Conor will have no choice but to fight Tony.

First the Bellator incident so he can be "suspended" so that 219 is off and now this so he can pull off Alvarez pt. 2 for a belt he never fought in the weight division vs a guy being given an undeserved title shot in the hopes that he somehow wins SOLELY so Conor can fight him.

Jesus Christ this is amateur hour. Straight up terrified of Tony and it is plain to see. This shit is so obvious and pathetic. Fuck the UFC.

You people saying "well at least this means he fights Tony" are totally missing the point. This is a desperate plea so that he never fights Tony.

not even 2 weeks ago, GSP fought Bisping after 4 years of being inactive, Bisping with all respect for him, was ducking legit contenders and you are surprised Woodley will fight Nate Diaz...

Is there going to be a lion tamer and a clown on a unicycle as well? This is a bloody circus.

vXBCyYz.gif

Nate has zero tools here except cardio. It's a way bigger mismatch then jj vs rose
Retrospect is 20/20. What tools did you think Rose had that would help her beat Joanna?

They're trying to salvage the card by whatever means necessary it would seem.

So Nate wouldn't fight Ferguson but he'll fight Woodley for some reason? There's some shenanigans going on behind closed doors.

What in the fuck is going on in the UFC. Jesus Fucking Christ what a mess.

Silly matchmaking.

Easy decision win for Woodley.. easy to game plan a Diaz bro: kicks / wrestling / clinch / run and point fight.. pick any of those or combine them and you get a 50-45.

Not to mention WW, silly UFC/WME/Dana.

Back