Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz in the Works For UFC 219

Who Wins?

• Total voters
maybe wme is creating a ponzzi scheme by making money fights after money fights and will sell the company just before all their fans leave at like 6 billion

It's just a nightmare matchup for Nate. Skilled wrestler with huge strength advantage. I don't think Nate has anything for him barring some kind of flukish finish. He probably gets thrown around and beaten up. Maybe finished, even though Diaz has no quit.

All im saying is a 5 round fight diaz odds improve by an order of magnitude due to gas tank opposites. nate could come on strong late or sub him in 4 or 5. obviously i favor tyron tko GnP because 1st 3 rounds its hulk smash

655.gif

That UFC ain't right, I tell you whuat.

LOL, THIS is the fight that is going to propel you into legend status, Tyron?

A blown up, fringe top 5 Lightweight with a 19-11 record??

and he was only 6 because they snuck him in there so they could justify conor defending the LW belt vs him....he really shouldnt even be ranked 6 lol
Now that I look closely at the rankings, he's had a 15 months layoff and somehow ahead of Poirier, Kevin Lee and Iaquinta. At WW Covington, Till, RDA, Thompson and Lawler all coming off high profile wins. smh

Um, why?
This is worse than Sonnen vs. Jones.

Why would the 170 poud champion just randomly fight Nate Diaz? Shit doesn't even make sense.

What sucks is that as a Diaz fan I don't feel bad. Maybe it is a setup for Conor for the 3rd, or gives Woodley a storyline that he beat Diaz, or a negotiating tactic, but it is definitely a bit undeserved

Easy fight for Tyrone, I feel Tyrone will finally put on the performance Dana has been waiting for. Retarded match making but I guess they're trying to milk Nates fame and create a more credible contender for Woodleys next fight. No one wants to see Thompson vs Woodley III, Covington is too fresh, Lawler needs another win as does RDA.

Not that Nate is a contender, but they're banking on his name. Will be interesting to see what sort of figures Nate draws without Conor as his side A.

Here's the thing, though...

If you've been watching the UFC for a good while, then this shouldn't surprise you. I stopped taking the UFC seriously a while back. This isn't a true sport but it's all good.

Just gotta watch in hopes of seeing a good beat-down or a hell of a fight. Nothing else.

I don’t get the demand for Diaz.

I’ve been watching the game for almost a decade now. Nate’s been nothing but a journeymen the whole time. His win against Conor was an anomaly. If only causal knew that Nate was really just an average welterweight and a decent lightweight.
I don't even know if I'd consider Nate an average WW. He's 1-4 at that weight, and the last time he fought a real WW was laughable and an absolute mismatch. He actually hasn't fought well at that weight at all.

why would nate even take this fight? why does he get a title shot? what the fuck is going on?

Now that I look closely at the rankings, he's had a 15 months layoff and somehow ahead of Poirier, Kevin Lee and Iaquinta. At WW Covington, Till, RDA, Thompson and Lawler all coming off high profile wins. smh
That aint nothing. Khabib sat in the hospital for two years after RDA and slowly went from #5 to #1. It's best not to fight it seems

Wolf rankings
Wolf tickets
UFC is trash now.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't even have the energy at this point to flip a lid over ridiculous WME/UFC booking.

It's an uninteresting matchup, makes no sense rankings-wise, is uncalled for by even casuals, and I don't even think it'll draw esp. well.

Being real for a second, I'm not even mad nor dissapointed at the fight - I'm in complete and utter disbelief.

Literally like the last fight i expected to be in the works. What has nate done to even deserve a title shot? Why does woodley even want to fight him?

Id rather see RDA vs woodley atleast RDA has been at WW for a little and looke good.

Back