Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz in the Works For UFC 219

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I hear you. If there was a clear cut number 1 contender i'd agree with you. Robbie tied up and I just don't want to see Wonderboy 3.

So if it comes down to him waiting for RDA vs Robbie winner otherwise; i'm alright with him taking a stupid fight.
Any top 10 WW is fine I'm not picky. Nate is not even a top 10 LW let alone WW.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/6/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-129031

Its pretty easy to see whats going on here. They are hoping and praying old iron chin can gas out Wood and take belt then set up Triolgy at 170 to avoid ferg. Any title shot has to include ferg at 155. This is next level ducking.

Woodley wins easily. Nate puts his arms out to his sides when Buffer says all judges score it 50-45 for Woodley and insists that he didn't get taken down at will and lose every round.

Lol Tyrone finally uses his wrestling offensively then.

They need to put Platinum on that card if they want to save it. 6 weeks out and no main event? Sheesh

Terrible fight for Diaz. Woodley going to RDA him.

Fight is fucked up, but I get why they would make it. They come out a little ahead on the short game since Diaz will pull in some numbers, and Conor is a draw no matter who he fights, but they're rolling the dice on a HUGE payout in the long game if Diaz wins and they can set up Diaz - McGregor III for the WW title.

Woodley is going to deliver some of the most brutal GnP mankind has ever seen on skinny fat Nate.

Platinum is the better contender.

WWE UFC now son

If Nate wins then it is a goldmine for the UFC. They would immediately book Conor vs Nate 3 – LW champ vs WW Champion and the winner would then face GSP.

3 divisions now fucked up by this Connie Clown show.

People might actually get their wish. Tyron could freeze and get boxed up. Stranger things have happened. Woodley has a ton of haters, for some pretty bullshit reasons. Whether they admit it or not. If he can't use that as motivation to refuse to lose, well.....

Sorry if someone already pointed this out but this tells me that Nate can't get to 155 anymore. Which is why Conor beating him at the weight he did is so impressive. Conor might not want to go down to 155 right now either. He must want that 170 belt since there is no big money fight at 155 or lighter.

Diaz beats Woodley (the UFC hopes) leaving Mcgregor to re-match for another belt.

Wonder if this is more of a contract thing. Maybe Conor really did come to terms with the UFC and signed a contract with Diaz. Some clause in Diaz contract said if Mac doesn't fight I still get paid and it has to be for a belt . Giving the UFC the options of Woodley or Ferguson.

That really is the only thing that makes any sense to me.

Some sort of scenario like that I can understand. The UFC betting heavily on Mac not cancelling fights ( which he hasn't) and staying healthy. The Bellator " incident" may have really screwed the UFC here.

An actual ww. I’m not picky. Yes I know some guys are already tied up, but not all of them.
Covington is the only option available in the top 10 and while I wouldn't mind seeing that fight I'm also happy to see Nate have a crack at Twood's wall gameplan.
I'm not to picky I just like fights

Man sherdog is really dumb. Giving Nate no shot at all. Like Woodley has no weaknesses at all. Like I always say. Fuck the "who deserves it shit" this is a really cool fight and I'm hype for it.

Welcome to the WME era.

I just hope Conor fights Ferguson then.

Also, if Nate somehow wins, Conor coming for that 3rd belt confirmed.
Probably exactly what WME is planning. Just praying Nate beats Woodley so Conor has a straight shot at the 170 belt lol. What a fucking joke this all is if it actually happens.

Eww No Thanks. How the hell does Nate get a title shot at WW? he is 1-4 at WW in UFC. This is beyond a joke now.

Most predictable 50-45 ever. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Woodley just leg kicks him to death and throws a few power punches, double legs Nate and takes him down easily and just controls him from top with some ground 'n' pound en-route to a unanimous decision.

I have zero interest in it, its not a competitive matchup or needed

They are opposite stances, outside leg kicks don't work that well. Do you actually know anything about fighting?
And it's very hard to wrestle somebody for 5 rounds straight. It requires crazy stamina.

Nate got this. Jabfest and possibly a sub from a desperate takedown. Nate's BJJ is slick.

Everything is going just as planned...McGregor is going for the WW belt in the 3rd fight of their trilogy.

That's amazing tbh. McGregor possible 3 division champ and I'm not even a fan. For real. hahaha
BEHOLD

I have mixed feelings for this fight. I want Nate to win but i dont want McNugget to avoid Tony again and go for the ww title....

Back