Vitor's legacy is solid as a rock. The only legacies getting destroyed are:

Rockhold's
Bisping's
Johnson's
Akiyama's
Franklin's
Linland's

... the list goes on and on and on.

You obviously don't compete then. Anyone who does will want a level playing field. Its not fair that some fighters can use testosterone, especially fighters who were known to use steroids in the past.

Who the fuck cares if someone competes, hahaha, let me guess, you are the champion of your local cage fighting promotion right...
I love when some tools on here automatically say, "you dont fight" "you dont train" etc...most of these guys talking are overweight couch potatoes talking like they are John Jones or something....
Hell, Maybe I am the Ice Man, how do you know who completes and shit, we all have opinions and I feel the TRT haters only hate when their guy loses.
The bottom line is....as a fan, I pay to watch someone loose, preferable in highlight reel fashion and if they shoo tup, it does not bother me one bit, they can pray, shoot up, whatever they like as long as they bring it when I plop down the PPV money. If it is not fair, then go get you some testosterone.
OK, well, lets look here, Rockhold is much younger and probably has more testosterone in his system, so Vitor is much older so its not fair, pump Rockhold with some estrogen to level the playing field.

Honestly, I think the general public would be okay if fighters aged 35 or older get licensed to start TRT to prolong their careers.

It's not hurting anyone since they would have retired anyway, and it'll help keep fighters like Fedor/Anderson/GSP/etc. around longer for the younger generation to enjoy.

Every other age bracket should be 100% illegal.

I agree with the other stuff you said, but here you said THE GENERAL PUBLIC would be ok if fighters had to be 35 to qualify for TRT. Who's to say that 35 is the only acceptable age? What if a 23 year old man medically needs it? So he suffers and cant have a career "on an even playing field" until he gets to be 35?
And who is to say that a young man who needs TRT only needs it because of past steroid use....even if he did use steroids, who's to say that's what caused the low T count?
I'm saying there should be no grey area...just yes or no. Even if we go by amounts, some men have higher levels naturally . So it should be available for EVERYBODY or available for NOBODY.

It's only an issue because Vitor has been winning in devastating fashion. One problem, TRT or not, Vitor has ALWAYS won in devastating fashion.

Why aren't there threads for guys like Griffin, Mir, Rampage, Hendo and Marquardt who have been losing and/or looking bad in their fights lately? Oh yeah, because they are losing. No one cares.

Hasn't he pissed hot twice? I'm not sure his "legacy" is in jeopardy here.

Shit, he was 234+ lbs when he was 19-20....his legacy started with juice and will end with TRT.

All said, he has always been one of my favorite fighters.

He was 215 when he fought tank and 224 when he fought Randy. I'm not saying he wasn't on roids back then, but it's not like Overeem where you can just tell by looking at him that he was juicing.

If certain fighters did not bitch and moan about this would any of us even be discussing it? Do we even know how long he has been on TRT? Did it matter when Silva and Jones wrecked him? Does it only matter when he wins?

What I don't understand about people getting hot and bothered about TRT is that it's still LEGAL. Maybe it should be banned because it's and unfair advantage, but you can't blame a fighter for taking a legal substance.

who gives a shit about TRT, some fan boys want to use that as an excuse as to why the other fighter lost, I am pretty sure, no amount of TRT or winstrol, etc will teach you technique, timing, etc...Isnt it funny how when a fighter loses, but was on roids, no one talks about it.
Hell, I say, let steroids be legal, regulate them if you want, you cares, we are watching fighters beat the crap out of each other, we are not their mothers to tell them what to do.
Shoot up all you want and give us amazing HL reel KO, and to those who complain, get you some roids too or STFU

TRT is performance enhancement. It gets to give him that extra push, better coordination, speed, power, and recovery from damage. Take all of those and add it into his training and what do you have ?

I agree with the other stuff you said, but here you said THE GENERAL PUBLIC would be ok if fighters had to be 35 to qualify for TRT. Who's to say that 35 is the only acceptable age? What if a 23 year old man medically needs it? So he suffers and cant have a career "on an even playing field" until he gets to be 35?
And who is to say that a young man who needs TRT only needs it because of past steroid use....even if he did use steroids, who's to say that's what caused the low T count?
I'm saying there should be no grey area...just yes or no. Even if we go by amounts, some men have higher levels naturally . So it should be available for EVERYBODY or available for NOBODY.

There's the magic behind that rule. If he's 23 years old and is in need of TRT he shouldn't be competing anyway. And there are always exceptions to the rule given that you can always plead your case along-side your doctor to the NSAC. Athletes who are already in the UFC and are 35 have had a long career. Most are retiring at that age anyway.

If everyone is allowed to use it, there'd be more people abusing it, not just fighters already on their way out.

Hard to say what will become of this issue, if somewhere down the line it'll become 100% illegal to all fighters. Whether or not the effects of prolonged TRT useage results in an Octagon death, etc, or if it will become regulated on a case by case basis.

What's with this legacy nonsense? Belfort's bank account > than his legacy. TRT has helped him to continue making a living and that's more important than what people on Sherdog think of him!

I'm a HUGE Vitor fan. And that's why I'm so sad about how he is handling this TRT situation. I'm not sure if he realizes it, but him using it, and especially not talking about it, just makes him look bad.

It sucks, because at the end of the day he will always have an asterisk at the end of his wins (since being on TRT). Honestly, it doesnt matter to me if each win was purely from his own training and skill, because it can never be proven... so he will always have that asterisk.

I dont care if it meant he would begin to lose, but I'd rather he fight without using TRT so that his legacy would be pure and not tarnished.

This whole things just makes me sad for his fighting career. I just wish they'd get rid of TRT all together. I mean, Jon Jones has natural abilities that make him great, and one day it will wear out because of age. When your natural abilities wear out, then you should have to leave it that way.

People with brains know that it is not tarnishing his legacy at all. It's just nerds on the internet crying about fighters. Hero worshiping is so pathetic yet the majority do it. lol

Some of us lead and the rest follow i guess.

Compare the way he looks now to how he looked in the Silva fight....Like night and day. You know he is loading and I mean LOADING up on something......

I think this TRT hate is not unlike racism, and hatemongering against minorities, you need to stop hating on other people just because they are different.

Even if that difference is taking a substance that makes him better.

Who the fuck cares if someone competes, hahaha, let me guess, you are the champion of your local cage fighting promotion right...
I love when some tools on here automatically say, "you dont fight" "you dont train" etc...most of these guys talking are overweight couch potatoes talking like they are John Jones or something....
Hell, Maybe I am the Ice Man, how do you know who completes and shit, we all have opinions and I feel the TRT haters only hate when their guy loses.
The bottom line is....as a fan, I pay to watch someone loose, preferable in highlight reel fashion and if they shoo tup, it does not bother me one bit, they can pray, shoot up, whatever they like as long as they bring it when I plop down the PPV money. If it is not fair, then go get you some testosterone.
OK, well, lets look here, Rockhold is much younger and probably has more testosterone in his system, so Vitor is much older so its not fair, pump Rockhold with some estrogen to level the playing field.

Thankfully not all fans are just bleed ***s like you. If you just want to see people get fucked up you might prefer watching Felony Fights. Steroids have no place in this sport

I don't get this TRT hate? If it allows fighters to continue fighting and making a living then what's so bad about it? In an age of watered down cards due to injuries, cuts, etc the UFC needs all the fighters they can get! Without TRT Belfort, Sonnen, Henderson, etc are all retired!

If certain fighters did not bitch and moan about this would any of us even be discussing it? Do we even know how long he has been on TRT? Did it matter when Silva and Jones wrecked him? Does it only matter when he wins?

He wasnt on it until the Bisping fight. If you see his weigh in pictures from the Silva fight and compare them to now, there is a huge difference in appearance.

Thankfully not all fans are just bleed ***s like you. If you just want to see people get fucked up you might prefer watching Felony Fights. Steroids have no place in this sport

On the contrary, Steroids have a huge place in this sport.

I really don't see how people can defend Vitor using TRT. I get that he used a skill based move to win that really had nothing to do with PED's. But he still won while using TRT. An example is an Indy car wins a race using the same tires, engine, etc as everybody else. But he also has nitrous "just in case" he needs it down the last stretch. Also, can any of you earnestly say you would be ok with losing to someone using TRT? I was a big fan of his but now I'm not sure.

Great post. If you were a competitor you would not want to have to fight someone on steroids, its an unfair advantage. I respect these fighters, they're still extremely talented, but its not fair on their opponents. Respect to Roy Nelson and BJ Penn asking their opponents to do VADA testing. So many fighters are using steroids and cycling off before their fight. Totally unfair to clean fighters. Fighters who need to use steroids are pussies

Back