TRT is destroying Vitor's Legacy

B.S the older guys already have advantages. They don't need any more. No the general public wouldn't be ok with it since TRT is banned in nearly every other sport.

If the older guys already have advantages, how much longer do you think Anderson would last at the top at his age. What about GSP?

Do you think Hendo would still be relevant. He gave us a memorable show.

When you say every other sport, do you include golf, tennis, frisbee throwing? It's still illegal to have elevated T levels and to abuse the treatment and fighters would still get fined, suspended, or cut for abusing it. No one is saying it's legal to do so.

But the treatment itself (and its point) is to raise the T level, lost through wear and aging, and bring it to normal levels.

Hendo/Mir never tested positive for steroids.
Chael doesn't get a pass he was over the limit 17:1
Vitor is a proven steroid user.

They all are proven steroid users if they are able to use try are they not? If we're gonna allow one person a pass and use a doctors note to be legally on the prescribed medication then it is unfair to restrict another person that same treatment. Baring a thorough medical exam that does in fact prove said person does require trt.

My main gripe here is that chael gets a pass while Vitor doesn't. Its crap

That is not the issue (at least from the press). The issue is: can Vitor get a license to fight in the U.S.

It is clear he can legally fight in Brazil on TRT. It is unclear if he would be allowed to do so in the U.S.

But he fought in the US not that long ago in the UFC and he won easily against Rich and Akiyami. Do we know for a fact he only started using TRT recently? The UFC is not talking and neither is Vitor.

Vitor is playing by the rules as far as I know. He is a legend

They all are proven steroid users if they are able to use try are they not? If we're gonna allow one person a pass and use a doctors note to be legally on the prescribed medication then it is unfair to restrict another person that same treatment. Baring a thorough medical exam that does in fact prove said person does require trt.

My main gripe here is that chael gets a pass while Vitor doesn't. Its crap

Chael doesn't get a pass, at least with me, because he broke the rules and was cheating. TRT shouldn't be allowed but if anyone should have it it's Griffin considering he has one testicle. Vitor is a known cheater from his past. The only people who give Chael a pass are his fans and the only ones that are ok with Vitor getting his TUE are Vitor fans or people that don't care about fighters juicing.

The Athletic commissions allow it... he's doing nothing against the rules at the moment. If the MMA World and athletic commissions want to get serious then they should either ban the usage of TRT all together, or come up with a way of monitoring its usage.

As it stands, no matter where he fights, he's doing nothing wrong.

Well, abusing steroids in the first place causes lower TE levels than the norm, and that's why fighters get TRT exemption?

Fighter uses steroids, causes lower TE levels, now uses steroids. More needs to be done about the rules, there are faults, and it has to be admitted it's not perfect. The commission either find a better way to monitor/catch PED abusers or just let everyone use PEDs.

I feel like the commission will do neither of those actions. They will just sit there, test a few here and there. And the rest is up to VADA. And NSAC makes so much money, it's not even about money. They know, the more better testing they spend (deficit), and maybe they think if they catch every PED user they too will make less money because of the lower viewership.

Vitor will go down as one of the first fighters to use TRT,... way back before the entire roster went on TRT.

Ya totally destroying his legacy.

LOL What legacy? He's had a long history of abusing roids and until recent, he was always perceived as a guy who couldn't live up to his potential.

It's not against the rules, so I don't get why people continue to complain about such a minute issue. Get over it.

If the affects of TRT are the same than it is idiotic to condemn one fighter but not another. Hendo is in his 40's and still elite and on TRT. Surely there is a connection there.. The fact that he did not get busted for steroids does not change the fact that he is old and fighting at a high level while using TRT... Vitor is 36 and fighting at a high level on TRT..

But he fought in the US not that long ago in the UFC and he won easily against Rich and Akiyami. Do we know for a fact he only started using TRT recently? The UFC is not talking and neither is Vitor.

Since the UFC announced it without being forced it makes sense he was not on it prior. Also, athletic commissions granting of TRT exemptions is announced and they were not back then.

What we know 100% is the director of the NSAC said they would not license him because of the past.

I think it depends how TRT is viewed in coming years. It might become the norm after all. Hope not.

as long as he keeps giving us highlight reel KO's, I'll let it pass.

hqdefault.jpg

Since the UFC announced it without being forced it makes sense he was not on it prior. Also, athletic commissions granting of TRT exemptions is announced and they were not back then.

What we know 100% is the director of the NSAC said they would not license him because of the past.

Fine then he can fight outside of Nevada. The NSAC giving Hendo and Chael a license makes officially no god damn sense than... Chael was suspended for god's sake..

If the affects of TRT are the same than it is idiotic to condemn one fighter but not another. Hendo is in his 40's and still elite and on TRT. Surely there is a connection there.. The fact that he did not get busted for steroids does not change the fact that he is old and fighting at a high level while using TRT... Vitor is 36 and fighting at a high level on TRT..

Absolutely.

Hasn't he pissed hot twice? I'm not sure his "legacy" is in jeopardy here.

Shit, he was 234+ lbs when he was 19-20....his legacy started with juice and will end with TRT.

All said, he has always been one of my favorite fighters.

Vitor weighed in at 205 for ufc 12

Fine then he can fight outside of Nevada. The NSAC giving Hendo and Chael a license makes officially no god damn sense than... Chael was suspended for god's sake..

Sonnen's lawyers talked him into a TRT license, Vitor may be able to do the same.

Vitor's failed test was in LV while Sonnen's was in Cali...not sure how much that will matter.

Hasn't he pissed hot twice? I'm not sure his "legacy" is in jeopardy here.

Shit, he was 234+ lbs when he was 19-20....his legacy started with juice and will end with TRT.

All said, he has always been one of my favorite fighters.

This puts it all in perspective. Nice post. I agree 100%.

I too enjoy watching him fight, but I can't get into or root for a guy who is a cheater (sanctioned or otherwise, he's done both).

it's all about the wins. he keeps winning and doing it in very impressive fashion. i'm def an anti-TRT advocate, but i don't think he's hurting his legacy as much as you might think. it's not like they're discussing it in the actual broadcasts.

also, i don't get the physique comments. he's always had a chiseled body, now he's just smaller. i thought he looked more suspect before when he looked like he could bench 400 lbs.

Vitor was a hulk weighing in a 224 with zero fat

After he was caught he deflated and lost all kinds of muscle mass and tone

Now that he's on TRT he certainly looks like he's made some crazy gains. He's back to being shredded.

Back