TRT is destroying Vitor's Legacy

Victory

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm a HUGE Vitor fan. And that's why I'm so sad about how he is handling this TRT situation. I'm not sure if he realizes it, but him using it, and especially not talking about it, just makes him look bad.

It sucks, because at the end of the day he will always have an asterisk at the end of his wins (since being on TRT). Honestly, it doesnt matter to me if each win was purely from his own training and skill, because it can never be proven... so he will always have that asterisk.

I dont care if it meant he would begin to lose, but I'd rather he fight without using TRT so that his legacy would be pure and not tarnished.

This whole things just makes me sad for his fighting career. I just wish they'd get rid of TRT all together. I mean, Jon Jones has natural abilities that make him great, and one day it will wear out because of age. When your natural abilities wear out, then you should have to leave it that way.

as long as he keeps giving us highlight reel KO's, I'll let it pass.

really do wonder how this whole thing will play out

If certain fighters did not bitch and moan about this would any of us even be discussing it? Do we even know how long he has been on TRT? Did it matter when Silva and Jones wrecked him? Does it only matter when he wins?

Hasn't he pissed hot twice? I'm not sure his "legacy" is in jeopardy here.

Shit, he was 234+ lbs when he was 19-20....his legacy started with juice and will end with TRT.

All said, he has always been one of my favorite fighters.

People have all but forgotten his punches to the back of the head with Rich and Sexy.

Vitor has probably always been on something.

But he's never looked as "fake" physically as he looks now.

What's funny, is if his physique looked the same as when he fought Anderson the first time he would probably get MUCH less attention. But his muscles just look like he's on something.

Yeah, I can't help but frown upon his TRT use and the monstrous Belfort it has produced. It's just not right in my opinion.

The Athletic commissions allow it... he's doing nothing against the rules at the moment. If the MMA World and athletic commissions want to get serious then they should either ban the usage of TRT all together, or come up with a way of monitoring its usage.

As it stands, no matter where he fights, he's doing nothing wrong.

it's ignorant fans that are destroying his legacy. He's doing what he believes is best for his health and longevity. If other fighters sign up to fight him there should be no issue.

its really not though.. let it go bro
u start a thread like this when hendo wins?

l.jpg

vitorbelfort_display_image.jpg

If certain fighters did not bitch and moan about this would any of us even be discussing it? Do we even know how long he has been on TRT? Did it matter when Silva and Jones wrecked him? Does it only matter when he wins?

Well, if you lose, who cares? Honestly. Nobody gets remembered for losing (unless it's astounding for some reason). But winning is where people remember you, and if he's remembered for this string of wins at the end of his career people will always remember the TRT clouding his wins. Basically, you dont know if it's because he was actually great, or he had some unnatural boost above his opponents.

I'm a HUGE Vitor fan. And that's why I'm so sad about how he is handling this TRT situation. I'm not sure if he realizes it, but him using it, and especially not talking about it, just makes him look bad.

It sucks, because at the end of the day he will always have an asterisk at the end of his wins (since being on TRT). Honestly, it doesnt matter to me if each win was purely from his own training and skill, because it can never be proven... so he will always have that asterisk.

I dont care if it meant he would begin to lose, but I'd rather he fight without using TRT so that his legacy would be pure and not tarnished.

This whole things just makes me sad for his fighting career. I just wish they'd get rid of TRT all together. I mean, Jon Jones has natural abilities that make him great, and one day it will wear out because of age. When your natural abilities wear out, then you should have to leave it that way.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you've never competed in anything at a high level (i.e. varsity athletics), never spent a significant amount of time in a gym, and never trained any modern combat sports.

People whining about TRT drives me insane... because the vast majority of the time, it's armchair coaches, rakes, or former fat kids who don't have a sweet clue what they are talking about. Virtually all athletes use something that is on a banned substance list somewhere.

I couldn't give a rat's ass is a fighter elects to "legalize" his or her use of performance enhancing substances, because guess what, virtually all of them are using something. Only with Belfort, it is deemed legal by the AThletic commission... so guess what genius? He's playing by the "rules".

Have you seen the list of fighters that have been popped for PEDs? It's a mile long (http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroid-busts-definitive-timeline/). And that is only the tip of the iceberg. Do we discredit every fight every one of those fighters have had since getting busted?

Welcome sir, to professional athletics.

P.S. You do understand, that blown-up heavyweight Vitor was a juice-monster who was PED'd out of his mind (a la Mark Kerr), and that this likely persisted, in some form, up until 2006 correct? What was that about a legacy?

Last edited:
He should have some studies done to him and come up with some data that reflects why he needs TRT, and why it allows him to fight on an even playing field with his competitors. Until he does this or something like it, he'll remain open to criticism.

if you really knew the truth about which fighters were using and which fighters wernt i think you might feel diffrently.
personally i have no problem with trt or tue's or what have you.

Def tainting it for me anyways. If he won the belt there would be an astrix beside his name.

Back