TRT is destroying Vitor's Legacy

And yes, Mir, Chael, Hendo, and whoever else is on TRT should have the same criticism... but I dont really care much about their legacies. I do however care about Vitor's. Everyone has personal preferances.

And yes, he's following the rules so far, so he's not doing anything he's not allowed to do.

And yes, Vitor did juice earlier in his career.

But as of being in the UFC he hasn't juiced. And that's the string of his career that I'd like him to be remembered for. TRT is messing that up.

The Athletic commissions allow it... he's doing nothing against the rules at the moment. If the MMA World and athletic commissions want to get serious then they should either ban the usage of TRT all together, or come up with a way of monitoring its usage.

As it stands, no matter where he fights, he's doing nothing wrong.

Sort of...the NSAC won't give him a therapeutic exemption since his usage is response to past steroid abuse. He'll never fight in the US again. So what he's doing isn't against the rules in Japan or Brazil, but what is?

I don't really care. I watch Vitor fight to see him knock dudes out and he usually delivers. That's all that matters.

I see no legitimacy in his wins

I really don't see how people can defend Vitor using TRT. I get that he used a skill based move to win that really had nothing to do with PED's. But he still won while using TRT. An example is an Indy car wins a race using the same tires, engine, etc as everybody else. But he also has nitrous "just in case" he needs it down the last stretch. Also, can any of you earnestly say you would be ok with losing to someone using TRT? I was a big fan of his but now I'm not sure.

His trilogy with Couture is the summary of his career in my mind.

Vitors legacy was already tainted just like anyone else who failed a drug test and shrank

Without it he may not have one. His striking has improved dramatically

who gives a shit about TRT, some fan boys want to use that as an excuse as to why the other fighter lost, I am pretty sure, no amount of TRT or winstrol, etc will teach you technique, timing, etc...
Isnt it funny how when a fighter loses, but was on roids, no one talks about it.
Hell, I say, let steroids be legal, regulate them if you want, you cares, we are watching fighters beat the crap out of each other, we are not their mothers to tell them what to do.
Shoot up all you want and give us amazing HL reel KO, and to those who complain, get you some roids too or STFU

I'm a huge fan of Vitor as well. I think his legacy will be just fine just as long as he doesn't get busted for being over the limit.

But he's never looked as "fake" physically as he looks now.

What's funny, is if his physique looked the same as when he fought Anderson the first time he would probably get MUCH less attention. But his muscles just look like he's on something.

He looks great, not fake...once again, who cares is he is on TRT

This is Vitor at 19..

vitor-belfort.gif

He was popped for steroids before..

Now he apparently has low testosterone and is allowed to use TRT..

This is TRT Belfort (36 years old)...

93a08588-793b-4a8e-bf0f-ed7e9e740b8c_belfort.jpg

Even if he didn't win it would matter. But no one likes kicking someone when they're down. Then it would just be sad.

In this case, I actually couldn't get excited for Vitor's KO of Rockhold knowing he might have been juicing his way to a spectacular win. Who knows, this whole TRT thing gives me a bad feeling inside.

Chael sonnen in your av, chris leben in your sig.

Of all of the fighters that do or have used TRT, which includes a number of big name guys, Vitor gets a ton of shit for it, waaaaay more than any other fighter.

When it came out that Mir used it for his last fight practically no one gave a crap at all. Mir is 33 years old, 3 years younger than Belfort. Dan Henderson is one of the most respected fighters out there and he has been using it for 6+ years, which would date back to when he was 36 years old (he was 42 when he made those comments), which is the same age as Vitor currently is. Chael Sonnen is 36 like Belfort and he has admitted to doing TRT since at least 2009 and his level at the first Silva fight was like 16x normal.

Still no one cares about any of that except for with Vitor. Get over it... It's allowed in the rules and plenty of other fighters do it too including some much younger than Vitor. Total double standard.

Last edited:
his legacy will be fine. He will go down as one of the greatest, ass-kicking fighters of all time. People will forget about TRT when its all over.

who gives a shit about TRT, some fan boys want to use that as an excuse as to why the other fighter lost, I am pretty sure, no amount of TRT or winstrol, etc will teach you technique, timing, etc...
Isnt it funny how when a fighter loses, but was on roids, no one talks about it.
Hell, I say, let steroids be legal, regulate them if you want, you cares, we are watching fighters beat the crap out of each other, we are not their mothers to tell them what to do.
Shoot up all you want and give us amazing HL reel KO, and to those who complain, get you some roids too or STFU

You obviously don't compete then. Anyone who does will want a level playing field. Its not fair that some fighters can use testosterone, especially fighters who were known to use steroids in the past.

his legacy will be fine. He will go down as one of the greatest, ass-kicking fighters of all time. People will forget about TRT when its all over.

His bank account will not care if a few player hater, sexless tools complain about TRT

This trt will do no harm to vitors standing. Living legend of the sport

Back