TRT is destroying Vitor's Legacy

people love finding reasons to bash on vitor. this is nothing new

if youre a fan of vitor youre a fan. if youre not youre most likely a hater

haters gonna hate

If you believe Vitors legacy is tarnished by his obtainment of a trt exemption, you likely also believe most of the fighters at the top of the sport do not use peds of some kind themselves and that unicorns still exist somewhere in the wilds of borneo as well.

If you've obtained a trt prescription and exemption you've proven a medical necessity based on a low testosterone count. The trt prescription is meant to bring an individuals test count back into acceptable levels and there are legal thresh holds individuals are expected to fall under in order to compete professionally. So its not like Vitor is walking in there abusing trt, but rather is using it to bring his own test count in line with accepted ranges.

If you think it would be fair for Vitor to continue competing with below average test counts against fighters who do not suffer from this problem you've likely not thought this through very far.

And its interesting how Vitor is the subject of so many threads here at Sherdog when there are a plethora of other fighters with trt exemptions.

Did the entire AKA team register accounts here at Sherdog to troll Vitor of what? lol.

well said

you are talking about bodybuilding (HIT)... which is a totally different topic.

It's not a totally different topic... PEDs allow the body to heal at a much faster rate, from training stress as well as injuries, so whether someone is just doing bodybuilding or MMA training with strength and conditioning, the PEDs help them train at much higher intensity and heal quickly.

Try going 500/600 mg/week cyp + 75 eod or ed tren, and see how good your body reacts to fighting, yet you will be putting some good solid muscle, but you wont be fighting anyone for longer than 1 round either. hell try to go 600 mg test/week alone and see it may be counterproductive.

First of, are you talking about Trenbolone making someone gas quicker? This isn't true for everyone. Not everyone will have the same side effects when taken the same anabolics. I know of guys who are on Tren are their cardio is fine.

Second of all, Trenbolone and Test cyp aren't the only PEDs... For someone who does combat sports (boxing, MMA,etc.) where endurance is important, EPO is used in addition to anabolics. The EPO boosts the endurance, while the anabolics boosts strength, power, and speed up healing.

Mods need to impose a 6:1 post/reply ratio rule on Bjj rage

tom-cruise-laughing.gif

people love finding reasons to bash on vitor. this is nothing new

if youre a fan of vitor youre a fan. if youre not youre most likely a hater

haters gonna hate

This is ridiculous. TRT has been controversial for far longer than Vitor has been using it. His success in the past few years has made him the poster boy for TRT criticism.

But suggesting that people who don't like TRT are haters, or even people who simply aren't Vitor fans are haters is poor reasoning. It's attacking the speaker rather than their argument.

I've been rooting for Vitor for a long time. As a fan of his, I think his accomplishments are likely to be considered with an asterisk, mainly because of his current cavalier attitude toward TRT. He doesn't have a TUE so he just doesn't fight in Vegas? Really? Being the fighter who can't fight in most countries because of the drugs he is on is not a good reputation for Vitor.

If you believe Vitors legacy is tarnished by his obtainment of a trt exemption, you likely also believe most of the fighters at the top of the sport do not use peds of some kind themselves and that unicorns still exist somewhere in the wilds of borneo as well.

If you've obtained a trt prescription and exemption you've proven a medical necessity based on a low testosterone count. The trt prescription is meant to bring an individuals test count back into acceptable levels and there are legal thresh holds individuals are expected to fall under in order to compete professionally. So its not like Vitor is walking in there abusing trt, but rather is using it to bring his own test count in line with accepted ranges.

That's pretty funny.

1. I don't think everyone here is singling out Vitor to the extent you think they are. Vitor's legacy is the subject of the thread, so of course the discussion will revolve around him. But I also think it isn't unlikely that many, many fighters from this era could be besmirched by PED usage or suspicions thereof. Look at the so called "steroid era" in baseball. A lot of great players have their legacies discounted to a large extent because of fan distrust.

2. Proven medical necessity for TRT? Hardly. Naturally occurring hypogonadism is rare, but diagnosis of the cause in known steroid users is very easy. According to the endocrinologist interview that's been floating around Sherdog the past few days, all a guy like Vitor would need to due is stop using PEDs for a year and his testosterone would return to normal.

Who gives a shit about legacy. Vitor is making money and responsible for the growth of the sport in his beloved country.

WAR VITOR!

I don't have a problem with his TRT use. Those of you who say "it's not roids, it doesn't make that big a difference" are uneducated on the subject. I know people on TRT and the difference is astounding. A typical normal male testosterone level range given is 260 -1080 ng/dl. If you don't think going from the low end, or lower, to the high end is a huge difference maker you are wrong. Plain and simple.

Also, yes his kick against Rockhold was impressive. He is not landing walk off KO high kicks, however. Even Bisping absorbed Vitor's kick to the head and wasn't knocked out clean. He didn't turn into prime Crocop. Put it in perspective.

Vitor has probably always been on something.

This. Athletes of the highest levels in any sport are almost always on some kind of PED. The testing realistically only catches a small fraction of all the athletes who are doping. I don't care as long as he's not using it in excess, and steroids dont win fights at the end of the day, it's the athletes hard training that wins fighs, the steroids just supplement the body's healing processes. Tbh I would be using them too regardless if I needed them or not. if I'm a UFC fighter I would want any advantage I could possibly have over the competition.

I don't have a problem with his TRT use. Those of you who say "it's not roids, it doesn't make that big a difference" are uneducated on the subject. I know people on TRT and the difference is astounding. A typical normal male testosterone level range given is 260 -1080 ng/dl. If you don't think going from the low end, or lower, to the high end is a huge difference maker you are wrong. Plain and simple.

Yes, but people who are cycling (testosterone) are at 4000-5000+ng/dl. Supraphysiological steroid use is a way different territory.

He roided so much in the past that he is now using trt. Roiding again

For me it's hard not to look at his current run through the prism of "TRT Vitor". I hope that his performances/physique acts as the catalyst to a serious review of the whole TRT TUE thing by athletic commissions.

Five years from now when Vitor is retired and people are looking back on his awesome KO's, nobody will give a damn.

Back