Tony Ferguson training at Wild Card Gym, looking slow and sloppy, Conor murders him

All Tony has to do is survive 2 rounds and he will have a great chance at beating Conor. RDA won 2 out of the first 3 rounds against Tony but then he took over rnds 4 and 5. He has zombie like toughness, puts on a pace nobody can hang with for 25 minutes, and has better wrestling, leg and body kicks and top control than Nate. I see Ferg winning by d'arce all busted up in rnds 3, 4 or 5 when McG McGasses.

+
Wow, after watching this 10/10 conor beats him. His pad work is slow, his footwork poor, he looks to be thinking about what he is doing more than instinct. Compared to Conor this looks amateurish. His only hope will be chin/heart or trying to wrestle (which he is too cocky to do). I see Conor finishing him within 1 considering how Groovy Lando, a naturaly 145er, was able to wobble him multiple times.

The difference in speed, fluidity and power is remarkable

Tony's boxing has always sucked. Would get starched by Conor.

Fergusons pressure is way better than Nates, insanely better. You kidding me bruh? Nate is a fringe top 10 LW who got absolutely destroyed by every elite fighter he's faced in the last 5 years besides Conor.

Ferguson also has a granite chin, dudes never been stopped by strikes in an MMA fight. Diaz got stopped by Thomson. The fact that you say he has a terrible chin just highlights how ignorant you are.

Ferg getting stumbled over and over by a late replacement is stuck in their minds.

Nope, Diaz has relentless pressure and an amazing chin and good understanding of boxing defense and rolling with punches, he is a very bad matchup for conor. Ferguson is awkward, gets off balance, and has a terrible chin
How does Ferguson have a terrible chin ?

He's gotten dropped a few times but the only time he's been truly rocked was against Lando and he was still tying up subs on him less than 20 seconds later.

And Tony has relentless pressure too.

Nope, Diaz has relentless pressure and an amazing chin and good understanding of boxing defense and rolling with punches, he is a very bad matchup for conor. Ferguson is awkward, gets off balance, and has a terrible chin

Well, respectable opinion, but honestly, how do you explain the differences between RDA Nate and RDA Fergusson with that logic?

For someone with so terrible standup, he was winning the positional battle against Rafael, while Rafael was landing everything and the kitchen sink on Nate....

They are very similar. Both are tall, rangey, pressure fighters with insane cardio and chins. Tony is just way more complete.

And I'm not sure I'd say Nate is a better boxer at this point. Tony's boxing looked great against RDA. He's also way faster and a much better athlete and just a much better fighter. Compare their common fights with RDA & Thomson.

Ferguson also has much better striking defense. Nate has some of the worst striking defense in the game and relies entirely on his chin.
This. People really need to stop doubting Ferg man. Ferg is a tough fight for anybody. Dude is a killer.

Conor McGregor, no fight scheduled
Khabib Nurmagomedov, no fight scheduled
Eddie Alvarez, fighting UFC 211
Tony Ferguson, no fight scheduled
Rafael Dos Anjos, moved to WW
Edson Barboza, no fight scheduled
MIchael Johnson, no fight scheduled
Michael Chiesa, fighting June (first time in over a year)
Nate Diaz, no fight scheduled
Dustin Poirier, fighting UFC 211
Beneil Dariush, no fight scheduled

This is the UFC's top 11 LW's (according to their own rankings). Three fighters out of 10 with a scheduled fight, 2 of the 3 fighting each other,1 gone to 170, and the champion lobbying for a boxing match. This is fucking lame. All of these lightweights should be taking shit from fans and the brass right now. Just fucking fight. It's like no one wants to fight and simply be given a shot at Conor freely. Fucking earn it.

That amazing no look pad work didn't help him much at 196. Got rocked by Nate freaking Diaz and turned into a panic wrestler.

I bet you said the same exact shit before BOTH Diaz fights lol

Ferg is Diaz but better at everything besides maybe BJJ, but his BJJ is still good enough to make Conor his bitch on the ground.
How is Ferguson a better boxer than Diaz? He is a better wrestler, and that's probably it.

<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>

I know you're a casual but come on

People need to rewatch this and the Lando fight again.

Tony's biggest asset is his tenacity and durability but

Tony gets hit whenever his opponent throws.

MJ's left caught Tony all night. Conor will casket him.
In all fairness, I don't think Tony had ever even heard of Lando Vannata until 5 days before the fight. Lando is proven tough, unpredictable and had nothing to lose in that fight. It was a great performance by Lando ... and he still got choked the f*** out I'm tired of hearing about the Lando fight. If Ferg would have had a full training camp for Lando it would have been a different fight. Lando surprised him with his toughness and diversity of strikes. So what? Ferg choked him the fuck out.

How is Ferguson a better boxer than Diaz? He is a better wrestler, and that's probably it.

He's much faster and has better defense. He showed a great jab against RDA and left hook. He also has a much wider arsenal of punches, where as Diaz is mostly just a 1-2.

Just look at their respective striking matches against Josh Thomson & RDA. Diaz got absolutely embarrassed by both badly. I mean one sided fucking mauling, Diaz looked like a complete amateur against both. Tony absolutely mauled Thomson standing, and edged out RDA.

Who has the better boxing is arguable, but who has better striking is not. Fergusons striking is much, much better than Diaz and if you debate that then you're hopelessly stupid or biased.

Also Conor had to result to kicking and running to win a split against Nate, which would not work against Tony who actually has leg kick defense.

Conor has never finished a fighter that is taller than him inside the octagon. Ferguson is roughly the same height as Nate Diaz with a longer reach. He also isn't gonna gas out like Conor will. Ferg takes this one 9/10 times, Conor won't be able to finish him because he is "the bigger man".

Conors magical left hand turns out to not be magical after all, Sir Isaac Newton discovered the source behind his power 350 years ago... Gravity.

Conor can't finish bigger opponents, and knocks out midgets. Ferg is a nightmare matchup for him.

Ferg's striking is sloppy but he has a Diaz level chin and would likely drown Conor with all the junk he throws. The kicks especially. And if Conor ends up on his back at any point in the fight, it's over.

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Conor got rocked by a 1 - 2 and shot for a takedown. Ferguson ate a shin to the head while on one leg and came back and finished Lando you dumb motherfucker.

Conor didn't get rocked he was gassed

Conor has never finished a fighter that is taller than him inside the octagon. Ferguson is roughly the same height as Nate Diaz with a longer reach. He also isn't gonna gas out like Conor will. Ferg takes this one 9/10 times, Conor won't be able to finish him because he is "the bigger man".

Conors magical left hand turns out to not be magical after all, Sir Isaac Newton discovered the source behind his power 350 years ago... Gravity.

Conor can't finish bigger opponents, and knocks out midgets. Ferg is a nightmare matchup for him.

Lol before it was never beat someone who is bigger. Then he beat Alvarez who is a huge lw who used to fight at ww. Now it's taller than him, lol. As if Tony's height will help his glass chin.

Dumb people think conor is ducking but its the opposite he sees this and sees no challenge at all.

How does Ferguson have a terrible chin ?

He's gotten dropped a few times but the only time he's been truly rocked was against Lando and he was still tying up subs on him less than 20 seconds later.

And Tony has relentless pressure too.

Lando is a 145 lb wrestler,. Michael Johnson is a wrestler with crappy technical striking. Conor is the best striker at 155 with finish pressure that lando lacked due to his size and short notice cardio

If I knew I was being filmed while training, I'd try to look as shitty a possible without making it obvious

Back