Tony Ferguson training at Wild Card Gym, looking slow and sloppy, Conor murders him

Tony lacks defense and is a relatively easy match up for Conor. See how much Lando and RDA was able to land on him, it would be suicide to fight Conor with that low level of defense.
Diaz has some of the worst defense in high level MMA lol Ferguson has a chin and I don't think he'll rush into a counter ala Jose Aldo

While I think Conor should be the favorite, Tony could present some problems for him. Tony is an unorthodox striker that is slower than most of the elite lightweights; Conor is a counter puncher. Have you ever sparred someone that is unorthodox and just a little slower than you're used to? It's really hard to time them and you'll sometimes wind up getting hit because of how slow the second and third punch in their combinations come. This is especially true with people like Anderson and Conor who leave their hands low and are ridiculously technical.

To be fair, it's Conor sharp on a fight week vs Tony goofing around in "off season", but, yeah, I do think Conor's more talented. Fergie's still the great hope, though. Other than Nate - who I believe is like Hendo for Bisping, just a weirdly uncomfortable match up - Ferguson is the only 145/155lbs guy who has it in him to beat Conor. Barboza, too, maybe - his chin gets a bad rep, but he's only been TKO'ed once. Khabib would get wrecked.

Conor McGregor, no fight scheduled
Khabib Nurmagomedov, no fight scheduled
Eddie Alvarez, fighting UFC 211
Tony Ferguson, no fight scheduled
Rafael Dos Anjos, moved to WW
Edson Barboza, no fight scheduled
MIchael Johnson, no fight scheduled
Michael Chiesa, fighting June (first time in over a year)
Nate Diaz, no fight scheduled
Dustin Poirier, fighting UFC 211
Beneil Dariush, no fight scheduled

This is the UFC's top 11 LW's (according to their own rankings). Three fighters out of 10 with a scheduled fight, 2 of the 3 fighting each other,1 gone to 170, and the champion lobbying for a boxing match. This is fucking lame. All of these lightweights should be taking shit from fans and the brass right now. Just fucking fight. It's like no one wants to fight and simply be given a shot at Conor freely. Fucking earn it.

Earn a title shot? That's not how it works in the 2017 era UFC lol.

878d1ed9c1fb9bae35ad29bb62077160.jpg

For fucks sake. Then let Conor beat him within a round then. Enough with the hypothetical's Ferg has earned the right to get beat in 1 round if that's the case.

Lando is a 145 lb wrestler,. Michael Johnson is a wrestler with crappy technical striking. Conor is the best striker at 155 with finish pressure that lando lacked due to his size and short notice cardio
You do know the only time Lando tried to make 145 he nearly died, right ?

MJ fight was 5 years ago and Tony fought to a decision after breaking his arm in the 1st.

Nahhh, besides Khabib Ferguson is another bad matchup for irish jabroni. Ferguson has almost the same reach than McG, better wrestling, awkward striking and bigger punching power. Yes, he lacks defense but not to get Ko by irish jabroni; if Lando didn't ko Ferguson i doubt McG will do it. what worries me is how Ferguson can disrupt or nullify the distance management and stance of mcG.

Tony lacks defense and is a relatively easy match up for Conor. See how much Lando and RDA was able to land on him, it would be suicide to fight Conor with that low level of defense.
This.

Nahhh, besides Khabib Ferguson is another bad matchup for irish jabroni. Ferguson has almost the same reach than McG, better wrestling, awkward striking and bigger punching power. Yes, he lacks defense but not to get Ko by irish jabroni; if Lando didn't ko Ferguson i doubt McG will do it. what worries me is how Ferguson can disrupt or nullify the distance management and stance of mcG.

You realize Ferguson's reach is 76.5 right?

And again, if he gets knocked out within a round against Conor so be it but he's earned that right.

Why are you guys arguing over Conor when we all know he's not coming back to the UFC? He'll hold that LW belt for 11 months then give it up. Conor's not in the game to defend belts, not his style.

Why would his coaches even allow him to fight Conor? They must hate him I guess

Hope he doesn't get too injured

Lol instinct?.. what the fuck are u even talking about. Ever seen a trainer go ok we doing pads use your instincts here.

Hes training at a diff gym with a diff trainer any fighter who is trying new things slows it down to get it right.

And that conor no look shit... thats your bases for comparison? A jab uppercut combo hes thrown 1000s of times before with the same padholder hes hit pads with 1000 times before?.. if you actualy knew dick about fighting.. you know that a retreating jab uppercut combo like hes throwing is about the opponent or in this case pad holder runing onto the punch... so yes.. he can have his eyes closed and roddy is gunna find his glove with the mit.

Fuck your a moron.

I disagree. I think Khabob running forward with careless abandonment chin in the air is tailor made for Mcgoat. MJ almost murdered him with a jab.

Tony is more well rounded and I think he is a worse fight however, I think he has holes in his defense as you mentioned and Tony will try and bang.

Left Hand of Doom/Touch of death by Mcgoat.

Back