Tony Ferguson training at Wild Card Gym, looking slow and sloppy, Conor murders him

D 1 Wrestler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Wow, after watching this 10/10 conor beats him. His pad work is slow, his footwork poor, he looks to be thinking about what he is doing more than instinct. Compared to Conor this looks amateurish. His only hope will be chin/heart or trying to wrestle (which he is too cocky to do). I see Conor finishing him within 1 considering how Groovy Lando, a naturaly 145er, was able to wobble him multiple times.

The difference in speed, fluidity and power is remarkable

Tony lacks defense and is a relatively easy match up for Conor. See how much Lando and RDA was able to land on him, it would be suicide to fight Conor with that low level of defense.

Tony lacks defense and is a relatively easy match up for Conor. See how much Lando and RDA was able to land on him, it would be suicide to fight Conor with that low level of defense.

I agree, and although Sherdog says Ferguson (or Khabib) will destroy him, as soon as Conor finishes this guy inside 1 the narrative will immediately change to "ferguson was the easiest stylistic matchup for conor, he is lucky khabib got sick!"

I bet you said the same exact shit before BOTH Diaz fights lol

Ferg is Diaz but better at everything besides maybe BJJ, but his BJJ is still good enough to make Conor his bitch on the ground.

Honestly Conor seems to avoid tough matchups. I thought khabib had a much better style against him than tony. Frankie's a bad matchup for him too

I bet you said the same exact shit before BOTH Diaz fights lol

Ferg is Diaz but better at everything besides maybe BJJ, but his BJJ is still good enough to make Conor his bitch on the ground.

Nope, Diaz has relentless pressure and an amazing chin and good understanding of boxing defense and rolling with punches, he is a very bad matchup for conor. Ferguson is awkward, gets off balance, and has a terrible chin

Stuck in the mud.

Cardio is his best weapon. Tony needs to grapple, gets murked on his feet.

Honestly Conor seems to avoid tough matchups. I thought khabib had a much better style against him than tony. Frankie's a bad matchup for him too

Aldo pulled out last second and Conor took on the best manlet wrestler on the planet on short notice. And it was a total style change.

Then he took on the GOAT 145er and put him down in seconds. Then he tried to fight RDA who pulled and ruined the fight so he fought Zombie Diaz, and then he fought the champ at 155.

What else can the man do?

Tony isn't an elite striker he just mixes everything up really well and is tough.

In this video he shows slow hands and how not to keep your chin.

why, do they have a boxing match scheduled?
Well... Fights usually start standing. Those Conor's opponents are always eager of trying to exchange with him and they quickly find that it isn't a good idea and they fall.

Didn't Conors fan boys say exactly the same thing before he fought Diaz?

With the lol Nate Diaz has nothing for Conor, he beats him 10/10 times, sloppy, stuck in the mud...........blah...blah...blah.

Nope, Diaz has relentless pressure and an amazing chin and good understanding of boxing defense and rolling with punches, he is a very bad matchup for conor. Ferguson is awkward, gets off balance, and has a terrible chin

Fergusons pressure is way better than Nates, insanely better. You kidding me bruh? Nate is a fringe top 10 LW who got absolutely destroyed by every elite fighter he's faced in the last 5 years besides Conor.

Ferguson also has a granite chin, dudes never been stopped by strikes in an MMA fight. Diaz got stopped by Thomson. The fact that you say he has a terrible chin just highlights how ignorant you are.

I really hope that Nate fights him. Nate will expose tony as a complete novice on the feet.

Wow, after watching this 10/10 conor beats him. His pad work is slow, his footwork poor, he looks to be thinking about what he is doing more than instinct. Compared to Conor this looks amateurish. His only hope will be chin/heart or trying to wrestle (which he is too cocky to do). I see Conor finishing him within 1 considering how Groovy Lando, a naturaly 145er, was able to wobble him multiple times.

The difference in speed, fluidity and power is remarkable

that video of Conor's pad work is just easily as laughable

Back