Tony Ferguson training at Wild Card Gym, looking slow and sloppy, Conor murders him

Wow, after watching this 10/10 conor beats him. His pad work is slow, his footwork poor, he looks to be thinking about what he is doing more than instinct. Compared to Conor this looks amateurish. His only hope will be chin/heart or trying to wrestle (which he is too cocky to do). I see Conor finishing him within 1 considering how Groovy Lando, a naturaly 145er, was able to wobble him multiple times.

The difference in speed, fluidity and power is remarkable

Wild Card is Freddy Roach right? I wonder if he does any work w/ him. Mad respect for Freddy and the work he's done w/ Pac. It's a good place to hone the craft. Yet, something tells me he gets steamrolled by Conor, or a good wrestler....

conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

Watch'em both rolling

Yeah ferg beats him

Wow, after watching this 10/10 conor beats him. His pad work is slow, his footwork poor, he looks to be thinking about what he is doing more than instinct. Compared to Conor this looks amateurish. His only hope will be chin/heart or trying to wrestle (which he is too cocky to do). I see Conor finishing him within 1 considering how Groovy Lando, a naturaly 145er, was able to wobble him multiple times.

Ferguson got dropped multiple times by some random up and comer

Tony's striking defense=1st rd KO.

Best chance for him is to try some crazy monkey roll into a TD.

I agree, and although Sherdog says Ferguson (or Khabib) will destroy him, as soon as Conor finishes this guy inside 1 the narrative will immediately change to "ferguson was the easiest stylistic matchup for conor, he is lucky khabib got sick!"

It's amazing how he has literally called certain things before they have happened. He accurately predicted that Jose would back out of the first fight. And he also predicted correctly that khabib was unreliable and would pull out as well. Make no mistake about it had he taken that fight that man was pulling out.

Aldo pulled out last second and Conor took on the best manlet wrestler on the planet on short notice. And it was a total style change.

Then he took on the GOAT 145er and put him down in seconds. Then he tried to fight RDA who pulled and ruined the fight so he fought Zombie Diaz, and then he fought the champ at 155.

What else can the man do?

His career thus far in the UFC is proof that people will try and nitpick on anything. All the man has done since day one is fight the best. And he has beaten the best.

I disagree. I think Khabob running forward with careless abandonment chin in the air is tailor made for Mcgoat. MJ almost murdered him with a jab.

Tony is more well rounded and I think he is a worse fight however, I think he has holes in his defense as you mentioned and Tony will try and bang.

Left Hand of Doom/Touch of death by Mcgoat.
Getting slightly rocked once in a fight is far from "almost murdered". The fact that Khabib has amazing TDs and infinite cardio when it comes to grappling makes him a nightmare for Conor. But yeah, there is always the chance of a big punch landing.

Guess it's official then. No reason to even make the fight. Just let coonar hold onto the belt forever.

Getting slightly rocked once in a fight is far from "almost murdered". The fact that Khabib has amazing TDs and infinite cardio when it comes to grappling makes him a nightmare for Conor. But yeah, there is always the chance of a big punch landing.

He runs forward with his chin in the air, careless abandonment, and terrible striking. His defense is comical. Russian Can Crusher 2.0. One dimensional. Also, ducked Tony hours before the fight. Does not belong int he same arena as Mcgregor.

I see Ferguson slashing Conr's face with elbows, eventually hitting d'arce from standing or when Mcgregor is rocked.

Ferguson's chin is garbage, his recovery is great, similar to Frankie Edgar and Alvarez, the later of whom had not been put away via KO/TKO in the past 9 years (and his only KO loss was against a huge welterweight), including 2 wars with PED pumped Chandler, yet Conor put him away easily.
Garbage?Clean head kick from Vanatta would put away any other lightweight maybe except Nate Diaz.

Back