Tony Ferguson training at Wild Card Gym, looking slow and sloppy, Conor murders him

Fergusons pressure is way better than Nates, insanely better. You kidding me bruh? Nate is a fringe top 10 LW who got absolutely destroyed by every elite fighter he's faced in the last 5 years besides Conor.

Ferguson also has a granite chin, dudes never been stopped by strikes in an MMA fight. Diaz got stopped by Thomson. The fact that you say he has a terrible chin just highlights how ignorant you are.

this, all the Conor nuthuggers are saying he has a terrible chin, he's slow, etcetc....when has he been stopped? Nate isn't a power puncher at all and had Conor trying to wrestle him. Tony has way better offense than Nate, his wrestling is better, his cardio is second to none.

Conor has the power and accuracy to KO most guys at this weight class, whether he does it, is another question. I'd still take Tony in a fight between the two but don't think its an easy fight for either guy (Easier for Tony imo if he gets him to the ground)

Frankie, a bad match up?

<36><36><36><36><36>

yes, Frankie is pretty much the worst match-up for Conor. Endless cardio, good chin n recovery, good boxing, amazing wrestling. He would take Conor down and slice his face with elbows. It would be Frankie vs Cub but worse.

This thread is awful. Have you ever seen Ferguson fight? He moves extremely well. Making a fight prediction based on a single cherry picked video of a guy hitting pads is retarded.

this, all the Conor nuthuggers are saying he has a terrible chin, he's slow, etcetc....when has he been stopped? Nate isn't a power puncher at all and had Conor trying to wrestle him. Tony has way better offense than Nate, his wrestling is better, his cardio is second to none.

Conor has the power and accuracy to KO most guys at this weight class, whether he does it, is another question. I'd still take Tony in a fight between the two but don't think its an easy fight for either guy (Easier for Tony imo if he gets him to the ground)

He leaned into a nasty head kick from Lando while off balance and got dropped a few times. Lando hits hard as fuck, but Tony was never in legit trouble. He was still doing cartwheels and shit, he was never really hurt.

Tony absolutely walked through bombs from RDA, Barboza, and Michael Johnson without even being phased. He's never been stopped by strikes. His chin is granite.

Meanwhile Diaz got dropped like 5 times and finished by Josh Thomson, got dropped like 3 times by punches from fucking Bendo of all people, dropped by Grey Maynard, dropped by Guillard. Yet he's got the best chin of all time.

I don't know why MMA fans are so gung ho on pad work. They only started using that shit in the 80's,
Nope, Diaz has relentless pressure and an amazing chin and good understanding of boxing defense and rolling with punches, he is a very bad matchup for conor. Ferguson is awkward, gets off balance, and has a terrible chin

You're mistaking Nate for Nick. Nate is an out fighter, not a pressure fighter.

Not trying to know Ferguson but I've always thought Conor was a bad match up for him. His striking defense has holes in it that Conor is tailor-made to exploit.

And like TS said I think Ferguson is too stubborn to take this fight to the mat where he holds the best chance of winning. And by the time he finally forces himself too the fight will already be close to being over.

Fergusons pressure is way better than Nates, insanely better. You kidding me bruh? Nate is a fringe top 10 LW who got absolutely destroyed by every elite fighter he's faced in the last 5 years besides Conor.

Ferguson also has a granite chin, dudes never been stopped by strikes in an MMA fight. Diaz got stopped by Thomson. The fact that you say he has a terrible chin just highlights how ignorant you are.

Ferguson's chin is garbage, his recovery is great, similar to Frankie Edgar and Alvarez, the later of whom had not been put away via KO/TKO in the past 9 years (and his only KO loss was against a huge welterweight), including 2 wars with PED pumped Chandler, yet Conor put him away easily.

I bet you said the same exact shit before BOTH Diaz fights lol

Ferg is Diaz but better at everything besides maybe BJJ, but his BJJ is still good enough to make Conor his bitch on the ground.

Ferg is nothing like Diaz, only thing they have in common is height and being Mexican. Diaz has better boxing and BJJ, Ferg has better wrestling and overall striking. You know what the problem is? His wrestling isn't as good as Mendes's and Alvarez's, and his striking isn't on the same planet as McGregor.

Tony gets eaten up in a fight with Conor.

Wow, after watching this 10/10 conor beats him. His pad work is slow, his footwork poor, he looks to be thinking about what he is doing more than instinct. Compared to Conor this looks amateurish. His only hope will be chin/heart or trying to wrestle (which he is too cocky to do). I see Conor finishing him within 1 considering how Groovy Lando, a naturaly 145er, was able to wobble him multiple times.

The difference in speed, fluidity and power is remarkable

Conor has to defend in order for this to happen......................and we all know about Conor and defenses.

Ferg is nothing like Diaz, only thing they have in common is height and being Mexican. Diaz has better boxing and BJJ, Ferg has better wrestling and overall striking. You know what the problem is? His wrestling isn't as good as Mendes's and Alvarez's, and his striking isn't on the same planet as McGregor.

Tony gets eaten up in a fight with Conor.

They are very similar. Both are tall, rangey, pressure fighters with insane cardio and chins. Tony is just way more complete.

And I'm not sure I'd say Nate is a better boxer at this point. Tony's boxing looked great against RDA. He's also way faster and a much better athlete and just a much better fighter. Compare their common fights with RDA & Thomson.

Ferguson also has much better striking defense. Nate has some of the worst striking defense in the game and relies entirely on his chin.

yes, Frankie is pretty much the worst match-up for Conor. Endless cardio, good chin n recovery, good boxing, amazing wrestling. He would take Conor down and slice his face with elbows. It would be Frankie vs Cub but worse.
Yeah, another easily hittable midget (who had serious trouble against JEREMY STEPHENS), Conor's worst nightmare.

LOL.

Yeah, another easily hittable midget (who had serious trouble against JEREMY STEPHENS), Conor's worst nightmare.

LOL.

again, something people have said for years and yet, Frankie's managed to make it to the highest level of the sport. Keep yappin and praying that Conor never faces him because if he did, it's not a fight he would win.

Aldo pulled out last second and Conor took on the best manlet wrestler on the planet on short notice. And it was a total style change.

Then he took on the GOAT 145er and put him down in seconds. Then he tried to fight RDA who pulled and ruined the fight so he fought Zombie Diaz, and then he fought the champ at 155.

What else can the man do?
defend a belt?

again, something people have said for years and yet, Frankie's managed to make it to the highest level of the sport. Keep yappin and praying that Conor never faces him because if he did, it's not a fight he would win.
What an original sentiment, the same one that idiots have repeated since before Conor even signed for the UFC. He's never won a fight and never had a chance.

But oh wow, I can't believe there are still people who think Frankie would even make Conor break a sweat. <36>

I like how the proof is a fight that took place 5 years ago when tony had a broken arm.

In fact, the only thing that's the same about then as now is that Conor ducking title defenses.

giphy.gif

Nope, Diaz has relentless pressure and an amazing chin and good understanding of boxing defense and rolling with punches, he is a very bad matchup for conor. Ferguson is awkward, gets off balance, and has a terrible chin

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Conor got rocked by a 1 - 2 and shot for a takedown. Ferguson ate a shin to the head while on one leg and came back and finished Lando you dumb motherfucker.

Back