Tony Bellew still hasn't apologized to Ngannou

I've seen Ngannou take enough blasting shots to conclude that. He was semi depressed and had no confidence against Derrick Lewis. He said publicly that he was ashamed of his performance but it wasn't due to Lewis.
Oh, well there we go. He was just depressed is all. Get him some Prozac and he's back! There's this sports term known as "choking" and that's what happened to him in there against Lewis. He choked due to the threat of Lewis' power. Didn't want to get kayoed. Now multiply that power by an order of magnitude and you get Wilder.

Oh, well there we go. He was just depressed is all. Get him some Prozac and he's back! There's this sports term known as "choking" and that's what happened to him in there against Lewis. He choked due to the threat of Lewis' power. Didn't want to get kayoed. Now multiply that power by an order of magnitude and you get Wilder.

It's not like he hasn't traded with other big punchers. But anyway sure, they can have a very boring fight, Wilder and Ngannou. But Ngannou wins that style too. He is a far superior technical boxer. As he showed against Fury.

It's not like he hasn't traded with other big punchers. But anyway sure, they can have a very boring fight, Wilder and Ngannou. But Ngannou wins that style too. He is a far superior technical boxer. As he showed against Fury.
Rationalize it however you like. The difference is that Wilder has never choked. He always pulls the trigger. That's a true cold-blooded killer's mentality. He won't hesitate to blast Ngannou's cranium into orbit. Styles make fights and Wilder essentially had Fury out. How's that for technical inferiority? Also, that was in a 12 round championship fight (Ngannou only fought Fury in a 10 round non-title bout).

Rationalize it however you like. The difference is that Wilder has never choked. He always pulls the trigger. That's a true cold-blooded killer's mentality. He won't hesitate to blast Ngannou's cranium into orbit. Styles make fights and Wilder essentially had Fury out. How's that for technical inferiority? Also, that was in a 12 round championship fight (Ngannou only fought Fury in a 10 round non-title bout).

It's nothing to do with killer mentality. Ngannou has great killer instinct in MMA. He's afraid to gas in boxing. It was quite obvious against Fury. But I would be curious to see if he steps it up in a rematch and takes some chances with his cardio and really test Furys metal, which he didn't do in the first match.

In addition to cardio, he's probably respectful of boxers greater abilities to counter punch. It's unknown to him exactly how much better they are at that compared to UFC fighters. So why risk it. He's sparred boxers but that's controlled forms of training.

It was actually Fury who underestimated Ngannous ability to counter punch. But that was One of the things that made me believe in Francis being competitive all the way. It also stopped Furys aggressive confidence.

One thing that really surprised me was Furys lack of a jab but I don't think he ever felt settled and in rhytm to throw it like he used to.

I ultimately didn't think Ngannou would win in his debut since I don't think most of his punches are enough to Keep fury down. But I do think he punches harder than Wilder since he's bigger and still got very fast hands.

It's nothing to do with killer mentality. Ngannou has great killer instinct in MMA. He's afraid to gas in boxing. It was quite obvious against Fury. But I would be curious to see if he steps it up in a rematch and takes some chances with his cardio and really test Furys metal, which he didn't do in the first match.

In addition to cardio, he's probably respectful of boxers greater abilities to counter punch. It's unknown to him exactly how much better they are at that compared to UFC fighters. So why risk it. He's sparred boxers but that's controlled forms of training.

It was actually Fury who underestimated Ngannous ability to counter punch. But that was One of the things that made me believe in Francis being competitive all the way. It also stopped Furys aggressive confidence.

One thing that really surprised me was Furys lack of a jab but I don't think he ever felt settled and in rhytm to throw it like he used to.

I ultimately didn't think Ngannou would win in his debut since I don't think most of his punches are enough to Keep fury down. But I do think he punches harder than Wilder since he's bigger and still got very fast hands.
Let's see how effective Ngannou is against some actual killers in world heavyweight boxing. Now that the element of surprise is gone and there's 30 minutes of film on him boxing. They won't look past him going forward.

Since that crap of a “fight” of Francis and Fury happened this boxing forum has not been the same …. Christ ….

Let's see how effective Ngannou is against some actual killers in world heavyweight boxing. Now that the element of surprise is gone and there's 30 minutes of film on him boxing. They won't look past him going forward.

Fury is not a bad puncher these days. Ngannou said Fury is the hardest puncher he's felt. So let's not get things twisted here.

Fury is not a bad puncher these days. Ngannou said Fury is the hardest puncher he's felt. So let's not get things twisted here.
I'm aware of what Ngannou said about Fury's power. He can punch to a degree but he's never been regarded as a big puncher. Not even recently after stopping his last several opponents. Big punchers like Wilder, Joshua, and Zhang hit noticeably harder and damn near everything that they throw is hard.

Why do you call that crap? Ngannou was magnificent.
I’m sorry … Ngannou did better than expected … but was a horrible fight overall … Francis landed 59 punches in 10 rounds … and let the fight get away when he landed 2 punches in round 9 and 4 in round 10 … that sucks big time

I’m sorry … Ngannou did better than expected … but was a horrible fight overall … Francis landed 59 punches in 10 rounds … and let the fight get away when he landed 2 punches in round 9 and 4 in round 10 … that sucks big time

How many punches do you want Francis to land before you are happy?

I can care less about the guy … lol!!! I’m telling you the fight sucked …. Landing less than 6 punches a round and you called him magnificent lmao!!!
Yeah I know but two big guys in there scared of each other for different reasons

I'm aware of what Ngannou said about Fury's power. He can punch to a degree but he's never been regarded as a big puncher. Not even recently after stopping his last several opponents. Big punchers like Wilder, Joshua, and Zhang hit noticeably harder and damn near everything that they throw is hard.N
Ngannou walked through a fucking spin kick to his head. It doesn't matter how hard they punch.

Ngannou walked through a fucking spin kick to his head. It doesn't matter how hard they punch.
If memory serves that 'spin kick' was a wheel kick from Gane that only grazed him. Punches can be delivered even faster meaning they're harder to see coming. The shots you don't see are typically the ones that hurt fighters the most. Wilder surprises opponents with his straight right hand. It's not just his punching power it's how sneaky he is with that shot.

Ngannou himself said that Fury hit (punched) him the hardest out of all of his opponents. He felt his power and Fury doesn't hit nearly as hard as Wilder does with his right hand. If Ngannou wasn't concerned about it in the slightest then why is he trying to get Wilder to fight him in the cage under mixed rules? Smart move but it's not his shot to call.

If memory serves that 'spin kick' was a wheel kick from Gane that only grazed him. Punches can be delivered even faster meaning they're harder to see coming. The shots you don't see are typically the ones that hurt fighters the most. Wilder surprises opponents with his straight right hand. It's not just his punching power it's how sneaky he is with that shot.

Ngannou himself said that Fury hit (punched) him the hardest out of all of his opponents. He felt his power and Fury doesn't hit nearly as hard as Wilder does with his right hand. If Ngannou wasn't concerned about it in the slightest then why is he trying to get Wilder to fight him in the cage under mixed rules? Smart move but it's not his shot to call.

You make it sound like Wilder is some nuclear puncher. He didn't put Washington down and I know for a fact that Ngannou has a stronger chin than him.

You make it sound like Wilder is some nuclear puncher. He didn't put Washington down and I know for a fact that Ngannou has a stronger chin than him.
I believe Wilder was injured in the Washington fight. Doesn't really matter though because he stopped him in 5 rounds. Since then Wilder's only become even more deadly. His skills have improved and he's gained more championship experience. He's a dynamite puncher. Wilder's been in with 40 opponents and only 1 has survived. Just barely at that.

When Ngannou's chin has actually been tested in world boxing by a proper puncher or two, and it passes, then you can say his chin is granite. Then we'll know exactly how durable it is.

I believe Wilder was injured in the Washington fight. Doesn't really matter though because he stopped him in 5 rounds. Since then Wilder's only become even more deadly. His skills have improved and he's gained more championship experience. He's a dynamite puncher. Wilder's been in with 40 opponents and only 1 has survived. Just barely at that.

When Ngannou's chin has actually been tested in world boxing by a proper puncher or two, and it passes, then you can say his chin is granite. Then we'll know exactly how durable it is.

The most likely scenario is that Wilder-Ngannou is a snooze fest. And Wilder will be gifted the decision even if he doesn't deserve it because he's the boxer in the fight. That's what's most likely going to happen.

The most likely scenario is that Wilder-Ngannou is a snooze fest. And Wilder will be gifted the decision even if he doesn't deserve it because he's the boxer in the fight. That's what's most likely going to happen.
No. What's most likely to happen is that Francis Ngannou never enters the boxing ring with Deontay Wilder. He might be willing to fight him in a mixed rules MMA environment. Maybe. If you think that a fight between these two would ever go to decision though then you're high as a kite. Don't expect their power to cancel each other out like we saw in Ngannou vs Lewis. Wilder will actively push for the KO even if Ngannou doesn't. He's about that life.

No. What's most likely to happen is that Francis Ngannou never enters the boxing ring with Deontay Wilder. He might be willing to fight him in a mixed rules MMA environment. Maybe. If you think that a fight between these two would ever go to decision though then you're high as a kite. Don't expect their power to cancel each other out like we saw in Ngannou vs Lewis. Wilder will actively push for the KO even if Ngannou doesn't. He's about that life.

Wilder felt Fury was too big. He is on record stating that after the trilogy. But he somehow smokes Ngannou who has a stronger chin than both of them.

Back