To those who are trying to clown Branch for tapping....

The people that bash fighters for tapping to strikes are usually guys who have never been in a fight in their life.

Fighters have shit on people for tapping to certain submissions before, yes they would mock tapping to strikes, most likely. They obviously think they're above it by not doing it themselves.

can you name one fighter who has given someone shit for tapping to strikes?

Lol stop projecting your lame opinions on others. Fighting is a game of respect which you clearly have none.

Guys like you quit after getting hit once. Trust me I've seen it a lot. I too use to be like this until I actually started learning how to fight. You could use the discipline and respect.

It sounds like you started getting punched in the face late in life and are equating your experience with a pro fighter on the highest level. Which is pretty odd.

When youre at that level.
Tapping to strikes is frowned upon. The same as quitting on your stool.

You are doing mma for fun and the people who stopped after getting punched in the face once are doing it for fun.
Branch is doing this to be the very best in the world.
It is quite the difference. No disrespect intended

Lol stop projecting your lame opinions on others. Fighting is a game of respect which you clearly have none.

Guys like you quit after getting hit once. Trust me I've seen it a lot. I too use to be like this until I actually started learning how to fight. You could use the discipline and respect.

You (wrongfully) accuse me of projecting my feelings onto others, then go on to do the same. Lulz. Lay off the weed, my friend.

This is how real men do it!

Tapping is for pussies, fainting is for spartans.

jonchokemac_medium_medium_medium.gif

Funny last week people were talking about fighters being too tough for their own good.

can you name one fighter who has given someone shit for tapping to strikes?

You want me to go and look up every possible example of people mocking fighters for tapping? I remember it happening, even if I don't remember specific examples. It's pretty universal though that quitting in a fight is looked down upon unless you're trapped in a hold purposefully designed to make you quit (i.e. a submission.)

making a business decision in the middle of a fight means you've stopped thinking about the fight. Part of the culture of fighting is that fighters go until they physically can't anymore, if you are thinking "Man, i shouldn't take excess damage, that might harm my career", it means you've checked out of the fight and that is something that should be questioned if not looked down on.

And sure, relying on the refs isn't always reliable, but rally for betterment of refs to protect fighters from themselves, encourage a fighter to go until they can't while the people around them are the ones who do the business decisions.

No shame tapping to strikes. People calling him a pussy have obviously never been mounted getting beat on with no way out.

Should be a mandatory 2 year sentence in the Reebok sweatshop for tapping to strikes

You people are acting like there's no ref in there and he would have died if it continued. He was the main event and talked a lot of shit and then tapped to strikes like a b*tch.

Back