To those who are trying to clown Branch for tapping....

Just to spice up this conversation, one could argue that tapping to a choke is way worse than tapping to strikes. Don't tap to a choke and you take a lil nap. Don't tap to strikes when you know you're not getting out of that position and you take head trauma accumulating CTE.

Branch's options were to tap or continue taking bombs to the head with no ability to defend against them.

Branch was a beast and put up a hell of a fight. Major props, he's going to be a great addition to the UFC. Luke is just the man.

squash match was a squash match.

Weidman/Bisping/Whitaker all would have beaten the luke that fought last night.

funny how tapping to protect your brain and your a pussy but tapping to protect an elbow is ok?

Said it in the other thread but I'll say it in here too. Fans need to stop being ignorant and have respect for fighters well being. That meathead mentality is cutting fighters careers short. It is hurting their quality of life and may even be talking years off their lives. Tapping to strikes is no different than tapping to protect a limb. Branch was trapped. There was no out other than unconscious.

Stop worrying about these guys bank accounts and start worrying about the brains in their heads.

Didn't we just have a topic last week on how fighters shouldn't be ashamed of tapping to strikes?

...Everyone? For starters, every fighter that's ever been stopped by strikes via referee stoppage instead of tapping to them (which is 99.9% of them.)

every fighter would shit on someone for tapping to strikes?

Thing is though, if you don't tap to strikes, yoo end upp talking liyke vis

It's not the fans who started the whole "real fighters don't tap to strikes" shit. It was the fighters themselves. There's a reason seeing a guy tap to strikes is such a rare occurrence at the the highest levels.

Doesn't matter who started it. Up to us to reject it rather than plaster all over the internet and social media that a guy is a pussy for giving up his brain cells rather than tap.

I'd like to see a poll and find what percent of Doggers believe that tapping to strikes means you are not a real fighter. I wonder if any of them can kick Branchs ass?

GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

34y4kmd.jpg

It's called knowing your limits & saving yourself from serious damage. Give Branch his props for going in there with the p4p best MW in the world <BronTroll1>and sticking to his word and doing what he said what he was going to do and that was test Rock's chin. But of course the 6'6 giants of Sherdog have way too much dignity to tap to strikes.

actually, he's the #4 ranked MW in the world behind 3 other guys. He's not p4p anything. He has an awesome skill-set but some of his flaws are being shown more and more and if he doesn't fix soon, he'll be KO'd again.

but yes, Branch isn't some pussy cuz he tapped to strikes. He knew he was done, nothing more.

Rockhold the best P4P middleweight fighter ? WTF does that even mean??
Best MW?
I think Whitaker owns that right now!

The majority of pro fighters would say the same, it's called having heart and not giving up.

Lol stop projecting your lame opinions on others. Fighting is a game of respect which you clearly have none.

Guys like you quit after getting hit once. Trust me I've seen it a lot. I too use to be like this until I actually started learning how to fight. You could use the discipline and respect.

Lol stop projecting your lame opinions on others. Fighting is a game of respect which you clearly have none.

Guys like you quit after getting hit once. Trust me I've seen it a lot. I too use to be like this until I actually started learning how to fight. You could use the discipline and respect.

lol at fighting being a "game" of "respect" and "discipline". It is a bunch of meatheads pounding each other's heads in for money.

every fighter would shit on someone for tapping to strikes?

Fighters have shit on people for tapping to certain submissions before, yes they would mock tapping to strikes, most likely. They obviously think they're above it by not doing it themselves.

Back