To those who are trying to clown Branch for tapping....

Gangstub

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
GSP+tapping+to+Strikes.gif

34y4kmd.jpg

It's called knowing your limits & saving yourself from serious damage. Give Branch his props for going in there with the p4p best MW in the world <BronTroll1>and sticking to his word and doing what he said what he was going to do and that was test Rock's chin. But of course the 6'6 giants of Sherdog have way too much dignity to tap to strikes.

Before the finish I was impressed with Branch. Definitely think he belongs in the 7 to 11 range at mw

It's called being smart and not getting DAIN BRAMAGE

Haha. Non fighters questioning the heart and toughness of a guy who got in there to fight.

when you talk so much shit before the fight than tap to strikes you deserve the stick you get

I rather see someone tap to strikes than 'roll over and accidentally leave their neck open to the rnc'.

Before the finish I was impressed with Branch. Definitely think he belongs in the 7 to 11 range at mw
No, he doesn't. He is an old guy without that level of skill. He just exposed Luke Rockhold as an average fighter. Luke's striking isn't all that. I think his size advantage keeps him in certain fights.

I looked like the strikes weren't the only thing he was tapping to.

Who cares that he tapped. Big Dan was two seconds from stepping in there any way.

Haha.

Im a mesomorph, road to 6pack.

Sorry bud.
I don't care if you were born with both genitals, you should be a little more respectful to the athletes in a sport you created an account for an internet message board to talk about

Rockhold had his legs crossed, Branch was going no where, and the ref was close to stopping it anyway.

It's more shameful for fighters to quit during the fight like Rumble did against DC in the 2md fight than it is for someone to tap to strikes

Branch is a professional. He was in a very tough spot he could not get out of. Hopefully he came out of the fight with out a concussion or other injuries and can fight again very soon. You have to look at it from that perspective.

I thought he looked great and will give anyone in the 185 division all they can handle.

he could hold up a little and take that Weidman damage

It's not the fans who started the whole "real fighters don't tap to strikes" shit. It was the fighters themselves. There's a reason seeing a guy tap to strikes is such a rare occurrence at the the highest levels.

Back