Time to start carrying a gun

If you’re not already acquainted with firearms please just take classes and learn about firearm safety regarding everything from handling to cleaning to storage. If you don’t you and your family will absolutely be less safe with the gun around than without.

And two guys with guns in this scenario would still outgun you. Keeping your family safe wouldn’t necessarily include being a trigger happy “hero” as it didn’t this time. You played it cool and smart and you guys were safe.
A gun would have made all the difference if they had broken in. I agree you need to be responsible or it could make matters worse. There's a big difference between waiting in position aiming towards the door and just flat out jumping the gun and shooting through the door since they had bandanas for example.

I prefer dog ownership, and being an able bodied man.

All you scary ass bitches can keep your guns.

I’m very aquatinted with guns. I’ve been shooting my whole life. I own several guns. I just don’t carry a gun with me. Had they barged in, they would’ve been killed. I would’ve seen them first & I’m not missing that close. I do see your point though
Did you have a gun at the time this happened or not?

Gun is not enough, get a shot gun.

The spread would take both of those POS out.

Large dog or dogs is useful also.
That's great advice when he's home but not when you're out and about.

Yeah, I made a mistake there because I got a bit off track from my original point.
The feeling of the TS was that he needs a gun because it is too dangerous to go with his family anywhere.
That feeling would be unacceptable to me. Carrying a gun because you want to be prepared is a bit different.
You would still go anywhere without your gun you just prefer to take it.
Same with having a gun in your home. Having a gun to protect your house just in case would be a good thing.
I understand there is a fine line between the points I am trying to make.

Yeah, Germany doesn't really have a military anymore. We had more combat ready aircraft in May 1945 than in May 2018 :).

I think you've misinterpreted TS' position. It's not that he feels it's too dangerous to go anywhere without one. It's that you never know when danger is going to find you and that he wants to be prepared next time. There's a chasm of difference there, not a fine line. But hey, maybe I'm misinterpreting in this particular instance. I stand by what I said about people who carry guns in general. It's far more about preparedness than paranoia. I've never had anyone indicate to me they walk around scared whenever they leave the house. I've been a little nervous in the bad neighborhoods of major metropolitan areas that I wasn't familiar with. So I won't say genuine concern never plays a part.

I guess that's what NATO's for then. Americans Someone else to come protect you when the time comes?

Just bustin' your balls here, mainly. With a smidgen of "Up yours for talking shit on my country when you've probably never set foot in it.". Just a smidge though. :cool:

I know how to use a gun. I’ve been shooting for over 20 years. And this was 3 hours ago. I’m getting ready to go to the front desk & have them review the security cams. I’m also requesting a room change
A true Sherdogger reporting here first. :D

Just bustin' your balls here, mainly. With a smidgen of "Up yours for talking shit on my country when you've probably never set foot in it.". Just a smidge though. :cool:

I actually work for an American company. I have been to the US a few times.
What I am basically doing is selling server technology to the communists Chinese to enrich the democratic capitalists while not even living in the Fatherland and making non-Aryan children.
<6>

I am just hoping the Führer isn't coming back anytime soon.
Because I would have some explaining to do.

That must have been a crappy hotel you stayed in. I don't think that carrying a gun everywhere is going to solve the problem. It may actually cause more problems. So, if you had a gun and the 2 guys also had guns (assumption) and came into your room, you shoot one guy while the other shoots you. Two dead. Now, the one left alive is pissed off and decides to shoot your girlfriend and daughter. Was that such a good idea? Either way you were outmanned and outgunned. Robbers don't want to kill anyone. They want money and jewelry. Give them what they want. Surprise them with a gun and they will shoot you. Real life is not like a Hollywood movie. Don't have children near loaded guns. A gun can be taken from you and used against you. It will give you a false sense of security. Mr. trigger happy. If you shoot someone and kill them, make sure the law was in your side, otherwise you just won a ticket to life in prison.
I think you're completely mistaken. It's intuitive, but no, he could have killed them both from a defensive position. While it's a good idea to obey a robber that has the upper hand that doesn't mean he won't kill or torture you anyway. Who knows what they're after. Being responsible and teaching your family how to properly handle firearms can make all the difference.

I actually work for an American company. I have been to the US a few times.
What I am basically doing is selling server technology to the communists Chinese to enrich the democratic capitalists while not even living in the Fatherland and making non-Aryan children.
<6>

I am just hoping the Führere isn't coming back anytime soon.
Because I would have some explaining to do.

Right on. Where did you visit and did you enjoy your time spent?

Not living int he Fatherland? Didn't you say you live in a small town there? Sorry, I'm easily confused without my morning bonghit. Brb.

I think you meant your girlfriend and her daughter?

Regardless, buy a gun. Shoot first and ask questions later, because if you're smart you'll get away with it. History is written by the victors.
<TrumpWrong1>

Good to read you guys are safe. Get a gun asap IMHO with a dougal on your hip and with being well trained it will ease the mind.

You are literally bragging about being a pussy.
You are so scared for your life that you won't go into your own garden without a handgun?
If you're hero enough to handle any situation with your bare hands then kudos to you. Not so sure you aren't just blowing smoke and would be the first guy on his knees crying and begging for his life if you were ever in that type of situation.

Shotgun is the best close range defense, hands down. Just not that easy to carry with you

Get on that Omar time yo

ShabbyObviousAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

Did TS specify what type of motel this situation took place and or a city? Seems like a somewhat believable situation....but hey I’m from a state where a man ate another mans face on the expressway so I’m not throwing any stones yet

If you're hero enough to handle any situation with your bare hands then kudos to you. Not so sure you aren't just blowing smoke and would be the first guy on his knees crying and begging for his life if you were ever in that type of situation.
In the type of situation as in mowing my lawn? God you Americans are fucking pussieesssss

I was directly quoting a guy who said he won't mow his lawn without a handgun. Reading comprehension exist in your gun toting deluded world?

If I ever felt the need to carry a gun I would know my country as a society has failed. And I don't have a problem with gun ownership or carrying a gun.
I just wouldn't want to live in a country in which you couldn't live your life free of fear. And have a constant threat of crime or violence/death.
If that is the case I don't really need to be a country might as well go at it by myself.
We have enough immigrants so we can find you a nice isolated island somewhere. :p

Right on. Where did you visit and did you enjoy your time spent?

Not living int he Fatherland? Didn't you say you live in a small town there? Sorry, I'm easily confused without my morning bonghit. Brb.

I have been to a few places. Did the whole NY and California tourist thing over 10 years ago. Yeah, I think the US is great.
When I go to work now its not really a holiday just sort of in and out.
I do live and work in Thailand but I grew up in small-town Germany. Around 50 kilometers from the Teutebourg. That's small-town country Germany. Where you still have a very strong middle class etc.

Back