Time to start carrying a gun

Drenalin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just faced a scary situation & learned a lesson. Don’t ever get caught without a gun.

So me, my girlfriend & my daughter are in a hotel. At 2am we heard pounding on our door. I look though the peep hole & can see two guys in black hoodies with bandanas on their faces standing off to the side of the door. They think they’re hidden from view but I can clearly see them. I think they were hoping we would open the door looking to see who it was & then they would barge in. They were there for about 5 minutes. After awhile one of them put their ear up to the door to listen in & then the other covered up the peep hole. Finally they left.

During all of this my girlfriend went into the bathroom & called 911. About 20-30 minutes later two cops finally showed up. Had the guys forced their way into our room, they could’ve done whatever they intended & been long gone by the time the cops came. I felt completely helpless knowing I was up against two guys who I’m sure had guns. That’s not a good feeling when you’re in charge of protecting your girlfriend & daughter. It’s one thing when it’s just you, it’s completely different when your girlfriend & 10 month baby are in the room.

I’m no where near the anti gun type nor was I the type who felt the need to carry a gun for protection. That was until I faced this situation & realized carrying a gun is absolutely necessary. It only takes one time like this to learn that lesson.

If you’re not already acquainted with firearms please just take classes and learn about firearm safety regarding everything from handling to cleaning to storage. If you don’t you and your family will absolutely be less safe with the gun around than without.

And two guys with guns in this scenario would still outgun you. Keeping your family safe wouldn’t necessarily include being a trigger happy “hero” as it didn’t this time. You played it cool and smart and you guys were safe.

If you’re not already acquainted with firearms please just take classes and learn about firearm safety regarding everything from handling to cleaning to storage. If you don’t you and your family will absolutely be less safe with the gun around than without.

And two guys with guns in this scenario would still outgun you. Keeping your family safe wouldn’t necessarily include being a trigger happy “hero” as it didn’t this time. You played it cool and smart and you guys were safe.
I’m very aquatinted with guns. I’ve been shooting my whole life. I own several guns. I just don’t carry a gun with me. Had they barged in, they would’ve been killed. I would’ve seen them first & I’m not missing that close. I do see your point though

Gun is not enough, get a shot gun.

The spread would take both of those POS out.

Large dog or dogs is useful also.

I take my handgun everywhere. To church, to the store, family get-togethers. I even have it on my waist mowing the lawn.

Gun is not enough, get a shot gun.

The spread would take both of those POS out.

Large dog or dogs is useful also.
Shotgun is the best close range defense, hands down. Just not that easy to carry with you

Owning a piano don't make you a pianist.

A week of quality training at a private range will run you (between travel, room, ammo and tuition) 2 to 3 grand per person.

BTW, your actions that night would have been correct whether or not you had a gun.

Owning a piano don't make you a pianist.

BTW, your actions that night would have been correct whether or not you had a gun.
I know how to use a gun. I’ve been shooting for over 20 years. And this was 3 hours ago. I’m getting ready to go to the front desk & have them review the security cams. I’m also requesting a room change

Jesus H man!

Then for you and your fam, please allow me to recommend the reasonably priced NRA Personal Protection in the Home & Refuse to Be a Victim classes as decent starting points to set them on the right path.

Last edited:
Alligatorongrass.jpg

That is, if you want to be serious about your family's protection. And not just play around with toys.

Don’t ever get caught without a gun.

That must have been a crappy hotel you stayed in. I don't think that carrying a gun everywhere is going to solve the problem. It may actually cause more problems. So, if you had a gun and the 2 guys also had guns (assumption) and came into your room, you shoot one guy while the other shoots you. Two dead. Now, the one left alive is pissed off and decides to shoot your girlfriend and daughter. Was that such a good idea? Either way you were outmanned and outgunned. Robbers don't want to kill anyone. They want money and jewelry. Give them what they want. Surprise them with a gun and they will shoot you. Real life is not like a Hollywood movie. Don't have children near loaded guns. A gun can be taken from you and used against you. It will give you a false sense of security. Mr. trigger happy. If you shoot someone and kill them, make sure the law was in your side, otherwise you just won a ticket to life in prison.

I think you meant your girlfriend and her daughter?

Regardless, buy a gun. Shoot first and ask questions later, because if you're smart you'll get away with it. History is written by the victors.

Alligatorongrass.jpg

That is, if you want to be serious about your family's protection. And not just play around with toys.
I'd like to see the holster for that thing.

I would have opened the door and sentenced them to Trial By Combat

Lol maybe move your family to a safer area where meth isnt so prevalent..

There’s more of a risk of dying in a fatal car accident than some wannabe thugs running up on your family in public..

That must have been a crappy hotel you stayed in. I don't think that carrying a gun everywhere is going to solve the problem. It may actually cause more problems. So, if you had a gun and the 2 guys also had guns (assumption) and came into your room, you shoot one guy while the other shoots you. Two dead. Now, the one left alive is pissed off and decides to shoot your girlfriend and daughter. Was that such a good idea? Either way you were outmanned and outgunned. Robbers don't want to kill anyone. They want money and jewelry. Give them what they want. Surprise them with a gun and they will shoot you. Real life is not like a Hollywood movie. Don't have children near loaded guns. A gun can be taken from you and used against you. It will give you a false sense of security. Mr. trigger happy. If you shoot someone and kill them, make sure the law was in your side, otherwise you just won a ticket to life in prison.

Why are we assuming they subscribe to your no violence policy? People who just want money don't commit armed robbery of an couple with a young child in the middle of the night.

Back