Time to start carrying a gun

TS get the fuck out of that hotel. Don't assume the staff aren't the ones who set you up.

Go find a new hotel and check in by yourself.

I take my handgun everywhere. To church, to the store, family get-togethers. I even have it on my waist mowing the lawn.
You are literally bragging about being a pussy.
You are so scared for your life that you won't go into your own garden without a handgun?

That must have been a crappy hotel you stayed in. I don't think that carrying a gun everywhere is going to solve the problem. It may actually cause more problems. So, if you had a gun and the 2 guys also had guns (assumption) and came into your room, you shoot one guy while the other shoots you. Two dead. Now, the one left alive is pissed off and decides to shoot your girlfriend and daughter. Was that such a good idea? Either way you were outmanned and outgunned. Robbers don't want to kill anyone. They want money and jewelry. Give them what they want. Surprise them with a gun and they will shoot you. Real life is not like a Hollywood movie. Don't have children near loaded guns. A gun can be taken from you and used against you. It will give you a false sense of security. Mr. trigger happy. If you shoot someone and kill them, make sure the law was in your side, otherwise you just won a ticket to life in prison.

<LikeReally5>

What would you have done differently if you were carrying a gun?

What hotel and in what town? A couple of masked gunmen pounded on your door and stood outside?

What the hell kind of robbery attempt is that and how did they walk into the hotel wearing masks? No doorman, receptionist, security cameras?

They were looking for victims, not a gunfight. You shoot one the other runs off.

But i love how people here will pretend otherwise

I just faced a scary situation & learned a lesson. Don’t ever get caught without a gun.

So me, my girlfriend & my daughter are in a hotel. At 2am we heard pounding on our door. I look though the peep hole & can see two guys in black hoodies with bandanas on their faces standing off to the side of the door. They think they’re hidden from view but I can clearly see them. I think they were hoping we would open the door looking to see who it was & then they would barge in. They were there for about 5 minutes. After awhile one of them put their ear up to the door to listen in & then the other covered up the peep hole. Finally they left.

During all of this my girlfriend went into the bathroom & called 911. About 20-30 minutes later two cops finally showed up. Had the guys forced their way into our room, they could’ve done whatever they intended & been long gone by the time the cops came. I felt completely helpless knowing I was up against two guys who I’m sure had guns. That’s not a good feeling when you’re in charge of protecting your girlfriend & daughter. It’s one thing when it’s just you, it’s completely different when your girlfriend & 10 month baby are in the room.

I’m no where near the anti gun type nor was I the type who felt the need to carry a gun for protection. That was until I faced this situation & realized carrying a gun is absolutely necessary. It only takes one time like this to learn that lesson.

Where was the night auditor, sleeping in the back?

And the fuck these guys thinking showing up at 2am. Who isnt going to be super suspicious at that hour? A bunch amateurs. Probably illegals who could not find work so they decide to enter crime, but have no experience.

I know how to use a gun. I’ve been shooting for over 20 years. And this was 3 hours ago. I’m getting ready to go to the front desk & have them review the security cams. I’m also requesting a room change

You should sue them just for letting them through. There is suppose to be front desk, night auditor, unless those two are actually guests in the hotel themselves. If that is the case, the po po need to question everyone in the hotel.

Alligatorongrass.jpg

That is, if you want to be serious about your family's protection. And not just play around with toys.

Bad guys with guy can easily kill that gator, or distract it with some bait.

That must have been a crappy hotel you stayed in. I don't think that carrying a gun everywhere is going to solve the problem. It may actually cause more problems. So, if you had a gun and the 2 guys also had guns (assumption) and came into your room, you shoot one guy while the other shoots you. Two dead. Now, the one left alive is pissed off and decides to shoot your girlfriend and daughter. Was that such a good idea? Either way you were outmanned and outgunned. Robbers don't want to kill anyone. They want money and jewelry. Give them what they want. Surprise them with a gun and they will shoot you. Real life is not like a Hollywood movie. Don't have children near loaded guns. A gun can be taken from you and used against you. It will give you a false sense of security. Mr. trigger happy. If you shoot someone and kill them, make sure the law was in your side, otherwise you just won a ticket to life in prison.

The solution to that is to have more guns and arm girlfriend.

Why are we assuming they subscribe to your no violence policy? People who just want money don't commit armed robbery of an couple with a young child in the middle of the night.

especially in a hotel unless that hotel is like the Four Season in Dubai or something. But that Hotel will have tight security.

If I ever felt the need to carry a gun I would know my country as a society has failed. And I don't have a problem with gun ownership or carrying a gun.
I just wouldn't want to live in a country in which you couldn't live your life free of fear. And have a constant threat of crime or violence/death.
If that is the case I don't really need to be a country might as well go at it by myself.

I'm assuming that this was a motel with the entry to the rooms on the outside. Not sure why so many of you are having a hard time with that concept. Maybe mommy and daddy only brought you to nice hotels growing up.

That said it is most definitely a piece of shit motel. Most motels are. But people stay there because that's what their budget can afford.

You handled it well. If I was in your shoes and I had a guy I would have done exactly the same except I'd have my gun trained on the door in case they decide to break through it. Door opens up, I'm shooting.

What hotel and in what town? A couple of masked gunmen pounded on your door and stood outside?

What the hell kind of robbery attempt is that and how did they walk into the hotel wearing masks? No doorman, receptionist, security cameras?

It must have been like this

or like this

I'm assuming that this was a motel with the entry to the rooms on the outside. Not sure why so many of you are having a hard time with that concept. Maybe mommy and daddy only brought you to nice hotels growing up.

That said it is most definitely a piece of shit motel. Most motels are. But people stay there because that's what their budget can afford.

You handled it well. If I was in your shoes and I had a guy I would have done exactly the same except I'd have my gun trained on the door in case they decide to break through it. Door opens up, I'm shooting.

yeh I forget about that. I have stayed in those. Ironically I was taking a gun intro defense class when I did.

What would you have done differently if you were carrying a gun?

He shouldn’t do anything differently, but he’d have a gun Incase they tried to force their way in. OP needs to get himself a 9mm of some sort and go practice with it a bunch. But a bunch of lead downrange so you know how it all works.

I just faced a scary situation & learned a lesson. Don’t ever get caught without a gun.

So me, my girlfriend & my daughter are in a hotel. At 2am we heard pounding on our door. I look though the peep hole & can see two guys in black hoodies with bandanas on their faces standing off to the side of the door. They think they’re hidden from view but I can clearly see them. I think they were hoping we would open the door looking to see who it was & then they would barge in. They were there for about 5 minutes. After awhile one of them put their ear up to the door to listen in & then the other covered up the peep hole. Finally they left.

During all of this my girlfriend went into the bathroom & called 911. About 20-30 minutes later two cops finally showed up. Had the guys forced their way into our room, they could’ve done whatever they intended & been long gone by the time the cops came. I felt completely helpless knowing I was up against two guys who I’m sure had guns. That’s not a good feeling when you’re in charge of protecting your girlfriend & daughter. It’s one thing when it’s just you, it’s completely different when your girlfriend & 10 month baby are in the room.

I’m no where near the anti gun type nor was I the type who felt the need to carry a gun for protection. That was until I faced this situation & realized carrying a gun is absolutely necessary. It only takes one time like this to learn that lesson.

You have my deepest sympathies for having to go through that.

This is the moment where you understood that you are the only person that is going to be able to protect your family in a tense moment like this.

I'm sure this thread will be full of people telling you not to carry a gun because it contradicts their personal worldview. Ignore those people. They're not going to be standing there lending a hand when your family needs help in a moment of danger.

Everything has risks in life. After your situation that you just suffered, what role of the dice would you rather take?

Back